10 Years Today - Markus Liebherr Completes Takeover

St Chalet

Having been involved with many others trying to save the club at that dire time especially with the time wasting so called takeover that LeTissier backed very nearly burying us. I'm more than grateful. Thank goodness he waited out and bought us. He was the only one around with the finance and interest to save the club. Weeks before whilst the time wasters carried out due diligence on borrowed money Mike Osman told me a blue chip Swiss company was waiting in the wings. It is a crying shame that having bought us he didn't live to see the first ten years. RIP

Having been involved with many others trying to save the club at that dire time especially with the time wasting so called takeover that LeTissier backed very nearly burying us. I'm more than grateful. Thank goodness he waited out and bought us. He was the only one around with the finance and interest to save the club. Weeks before whilst the time wasters carried out due diligence on borrowed money Mike Osman told me a blue chip Swiss company was waiting in the wings. It is a crying shame that having bought us he didn't live to see the first ten years. RIP

I was talking to Graham Hiley today and he reminded me that Leon Crouch saved us twice. Once when keeping us afloat while the Pinnacle/Le Tissier so-called consortium wasted all our time, while before that, blocking the executives plan to sell us to SISU.

I was talking to Graham Hiley today and he reminded me that Leon Crouch saved us twice. Once when keeping us afloat while the Pinnacle/Le Tissier so-called consortium wasted all our time, while before that, blocking the executives plan to sell us to SISU.

I never did hear whether he got his £500,000 (I think) deposit back either. I met him several times during that period and found him very straight forward.

What a decade! That podcast is indeed a great listen. Noah Liebherr came across really well.

I was in Kenya when the takeover happened. Didn’t find out until the next day when I went into an internet cafe to find an update. Had no idea if he’d be a good owner but just relieved we were there to fight another day. When I left, MLT had just pulled out and we’d just sold McGoldrick and Surman. Everything seemed very bleak.

Whatever his intentions were when he purchased the club, he fell in love with it. I’d love to know how things would have unfolded had he lived to see these last 10 years. My gut is that we’d have an even more impressive story to tell, somehow!

Did anybody here ever meet him? Any stories? 10e5b38ab579df3b5ad3addaa60f284e.jpg52e1b07c8f434a8fa91242d977a9f7d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were indeed, teetering on the edge of the Abyss, when the great man came in and then said this club has no debt what a moment of relief as a Saints fan - thank you Markus.

You can’t deny the ride back to the top division was a bloody wheeze, and all thanks to him.

Did anybody here ever meet him? Any stories?

A very good friend of mine went to see saints play in Switzerland on a pre-season tour, while he was over there in business. Not sure there were many/any other saints fans there but he had his scarf on.

He got talking to Markus and Nicola and had a good chat to them - Markus came across as a lovely man and was very interested in what he was up to in Switzerland. They chatted for quite some time. It was only a few weeks before Markus died, sadly.