Thread: 10 Years Today - Markus Liebherr Completes Takeover

Default 10 Years Today - Markus Liebherr Completes Takeover

2. Default

Thank you Markus.

What a 10 years it's been!

Thanks Marcus, you will always be remembered and perhaps should be on the forum banner

Listen to the Total Saints Podcast which reflects on Marcus L and his 10 year on legacy-it's very good. Episode 78 (issued today)
    A great listen on way to work this morning.

Certainly beats the ten years before he arrived for excitement but the politics and incompetence at board level have remained pretty much the same

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Certainly beats the ten years before he arrived for excitement but the politics and incompetence at board level have remained pretty much the same
    It exists at the majority of football clubs nowadays.

Having been involved with many others trying to save the club at that dire time especially with the time wasting so called takeover that LeTissier backed very nearly burying us. I'm more than grateful. Thank goodness he waited out and bought us. He was the only one around with the finance and interest to save the club. Weeks before whilst the time wasters carried out due diligence on borrowed money Mike Osman told me a blue chip Swiss company was waiting in the wings. It is a crying shame that having bought us he didn't live to see the first ten years. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by derry View Post
    Having been involved with many others trying to save the club at that dire time especially with the time wasting so called takeover that LeTissier backed very nearly burying us. I'm more than grateful. Thank goodness he waited out and bought us. He was the only one around with the finance and interest to save the club. Weeks before whilst the time wasters carried out due diligence on borrowed money Mike Osman told me a blue chip Swiss company was waiting in the wings. It is a crying shame that having bought us he didn't live to see the first ten years. RIP
    I was talking to Graham Hiley today and he reminded me that Leon Crouch saved us twice. Once when keeping us afloat while the Pinnacle/Le Tissier so-called consortium wasted all our time, while before that, blocking the executives plan to sell us to SISU.

Leon Crouch does indeed require some thanks too.

I often wonder where we would be now if ML had have still been alive now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzhugh Fella View Post
    I was talking to Graham Hiley today and he reminded me that Leon Crouch saved us twice. Once when keeping us afloat while the Pinnacle/Le Tissier so-called consortium wasted all our time, while before that, blocking the executives plan to sell us to SISU.
    I never did hear whether he got his 500,000 (I think) deposit back either. I met him several times during that period and found him very straight forward.

What a decade! That podcast is indeed a great listen. Noah Liebherr came across really well.

I was in Kenya when the takeover happened. Didnt find out until the next day when I went into an internet cafe to find an update. Had no idea if hed be a good owner but just relieved we were there to fight another day. When I left, MLT had just pulled out and wed just sold McGoldrick and Surman. Everything seemed very bleak.
    Whatever his intentions were when he purchased the club, he fell in love with it. Id love to know how things would have unfolded had he lived to see these last 10 years. My gut is that wed have an even more impressive story to tell, somehow!
    Did anybody here ever meet him? Any stories?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a man. Did so much for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were indeed, teetering on the edge of the Abyss, when the great man came in and then said this club has no debt what a moment of relief as a Saints fan - thank you Markus.
    You can’t deny the ride back to the top division was a bloody wheeze, and all thanks to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post
    Did anybody here ever meet him? Any stories?

A very good friend of mine went to see saints play in Switzerland on a pre-season tour, while he was over there in business. Not sure there were many/any other saints fans there but he had his scarf on.

He got talking to Markus and Nicola and had a good chat to them - Markus came across as a lovely man and was very interested in what he was up to in Switzerland. They chatted for quite some time. It was only a few weeks before Markus died, sadly.

And thanks to Nicci C, without whom we would not have had Markus.

I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.

And Cortese's mum, let's not forget her.

Quote Originally Posted by jawillwill View Post
    And Cortese's mum, let's not forget her.
    And her milkman, isn’t it.