Thread: Checkatrade Trophy 2019

Default Checkatrade Trophy 2019

Saints have been drawn against Walsall; Coventry and Forest Green Rovers in this years' Checkatrade Trophy. As someone who lives in Gloucester, I am very happy.

Always wanted to go to Forest Green. Could be an excuse to do it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's a nice little ground, the food (despite being Vegan) is excellent and the club and fans are incredibly friendly - unless they are playing Cheltenham Town. It is an absolute a*se to get to though! Top of a hill in the middle of a small village. Away fans stand on an open terrace along the side of the pitch opposite the main stand.

Quote Originally Posted by edprice1984 View Post
    It's a nice little ground, the food (despite being Vegan) is excellent and the club and fans are incredibly friendly - unless they are playing Cheltenham Town. It is an absolute a*se to get to though! Top of a hill in the middle of a small village. Away fans stand on an open terrace along the side of the pitch opposite the main stand.
    Must be the smallest town/ village ever to have played in the football league.....

Quote Originally Posted by SW5 SAINT View Post
    Must be the smallest town/ village ever to have played in the football league.....
    Indeed it is - population 5794 - but great draw for me in South Brum. Two reachable by local train and you can park next door to the ground at FGR

Blog Entries

Our youngsters will probably be facing Matt and Joseph Mills as well as Lloyd James. Quite the little reunion

Quote Originally Posted by Village Saint View Post
    Indeed it is - population 5794 - but great draw for me in South Brum. Two reachable by local train and you can park next door to the ground at FGR
    How long you been in Kings Heath Village Saint? Iím only down the road in Redditch nice to know thereís fellow saints in the local area.

Was there for the play-off game against Tranmere. Was a nightmare to get to and park that evening but I think I'm right in saying that was their highest ever attendance for a league game. Should be a lot easier for our visit and while the away terrace is the whole of one side, I suspect it will be like Cambridge and only open the main stand (which is the newest, all-seater and pretty decent). You certainly don't want to park in the centre and walk, it's about a mile and all uphill and pretty steep in places.

I bought my daughter and boyfriend some tickets for FGR as they live football and are vegans.
    I am sure they went by bus from Stroud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk