Songs for new players and emerging youngsters

SaintJackoInHurworth

With several younger players getting a chance to shine in the friendlky in Austria and with Che Adams having recently signed, it occured to me that some of these players are going to need their own songs. It would also be great if we could have some songs that are not just knock-offs of the same old songs (often first used by Man Utd fans!). Why on earth do we have to keep copying them??! Nevertheless, I'm sure most songs will continue to be repeats of the same old things...!

One player for whom it seems pretty obvious what song should be used to sing about him is Dan N'Lundulu. That song is of course 'Vindaloo' by Fat Les:

N'Lundulu... N'Lundulu... N'Lundulu, N'Lundulu, Na, Na!

N'Lundulu... N'Lundulu... His name's Dan N'Lundulu!

He's gonna score one more than you!

If we wanted to throw in a verse too, then maybe it would go something like this:

Me, my mum, my dad and my mates had a great St Mary's view:

Me, my mum, my dad and my mates and a goal from N'Lundulu!

More urgently, we could do with a song for Che Adams. How about this based on Coldplay's Clocks?... (if you don't know it check it out here:

)

Instrumental:

Che Adams, Che Adams, Che Adams, Che Adams...! Che Adams, Che Adams, Che Adams, Che Adams..! (repeat a few times)

Verse:

Shots go in and they can't be saved,

And a goal is scored by that man called Che.

Adams scores, slides down on his knees,

The crowd goes wild and shout and scream, singing

We are Saints and we're marching in,

Che Adams up front with Danny Ings

He sco-o-ores, Che A-adams!

(NB I have missed out a bit of the verse there* but the tune repeats and I don't think we need to make it too long as football fans don't like too many words!)

So what do you think? What other suggestions do people have for songs for new players or emerging talent? What about Jake Vokins fort example..?

PS I know we will rarely ever see any of these suggested songs ending up on the terraces but it's just a bit of fun and you never know... maybe sometime someone WILL pick up a song from Saints Web and start singing it at a match! :)

for Che Adams, to Katy Perry's Never Really Over

Just because it's over doesn't mean it's really over

And if I think it over, maybe you'll be comin' over again Che Adams

And I'll have to get over you all over again

Just because it's over doesn't mean it's really over

And if I think it over, maybe you'll be comin' over again Che Adams

And I'll have to get over you all over again

Will Smallbone - we have the perfect song which any courteneers fans on here will know, their song Small Bones we could also squeeze in a Pompey reference as it actually goes with the tune.

Smallbone,

Hates Pompey

Will smallbone

For Moussa Djenepo to the Las “There she goes”.

Djenepo

It’s Djenepo again

Scoring for the Saints

And I just can't contain

This feelin' that remains

Not sure about the second half wording but the name/song pairing is actually pretty good! Could almost imagine it being sung simply as "Djenepo, Djenepo again" on repeat...

Not sure about the second half wording but the name/song pairing is actually pretty good! Could almost imagine it being sung simply as "Djenepo, Djenepo again" on repeat...

A classic, catchy song and the name fits. You actually wonder why it’s not been used as a football chant by now - or if it has, at least, I’ve not heard it recently.

Djenepo

It’s Djenepo again

Scoring for the Saints

And I just can't contain

I like that - definitely a good one and the sort of song that could be sung! Excellent!

Can anyone explain why I find posts about new songs cringeworthy? ��

I don't know - why do you find it cringeworthy? Is it cos you like to be quiet in the ground - you would like St Mary's to be a library? Is it cos you are boring? Is it because you don't like music? Is it because you can't think of decent words yourself? Or is it because you are a purist and expect every suggestion to have been carefully analysed and researched before being posted up so that only the best ever appear on here?

A better question.. if you find posts about songs so cringeworthy, why on earth did you open this post up and read it? Are you an idiot? Or maybe a troll? Or do you have a inate desire to make yourself cringe? Are you a sadist perhaps? If you don't like posts like this why not live and let live instead of moaning about those who happen to enjoy discussing this sort of stuff? Just move along and get a life for goodness sake! Sorry to be confrontational, but it's just so anoying that some fans are so sad that they have to turn even the most simple thing into a reason to pick a fight!

I like that - definitely a good one and the sort of song that could be sung! Excellent!

I don't know - why do you find it cringeworthy? Is it cos you like to be quiet in the ground - you would like St Mary's to be a library? Is it cos you are boring? Is it because you don't like music? Is it because you can't think of decent words yourself? Or is it because you are a purist and expect every suggestion to have been carefully analysed and researched before being posted up so that only the best ever appear on here?

A better question.. if you find posts about songs so cringeworthy, why on earth did you open this post up and read it? Are you an idiot? Or maybe a troll? Or do you have a inate desire to make yourself cringe? Are you a sadist perhaps? If you don't like posts like this why not live and let live instead of moaning about those who happen to enjoy discussing this sort of stuff? Just move along and get a life for goodness sake! Sorry to be confrontational, but it's just so anoying that some fans are so sad that they have to turn even the most simple thing into a reason to pick a fight!

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Djenepo

It’s Djenepo again

Scoring for the Saints

And I just can't contain

Djenepo

It’s Djenepo again

Scoring for the Saints

And crossing in for Shane/Che

And feeding Danny Ings

These threads generally highlight the woeful quality of songs that we have to put up with these days. They're either stolen from other clubs whilst we sing "we sing our song" without even the slightest hint of self awareness, have to mention the skates, or are utter embarrassments (baby shark).

So it's nice to see one that's quality on here for a change,

Djenepo

It’s Djenepo again

Scoring for the Saints

And I just can't contain

In amongst the god awful crap that we normally see

We'll have the same song for every player. All together now.....

"Ohhhhhhh.....................whennnnnnnnnnnnnnn...........................theeeee............................Saaaaaaaaaaaintzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Ah it brings goosebumps to my arms that one............

(2 Unlimited - No Limits)

We need,

A jazzy song,

A jazzy song,

A jazzy jaz jaz song,

We need,

A jazzy song,

A jazzy song,

A jazzy jaz jaz song.

We need a ja-zzy song and right now,

No lyrics to deep, something that goes wooow,

Need a jazzy song, we must get it right,

We need to show off that we're full of priiiide.

Hard to the core, Let's go to war,

It'll become a hit and you'll ask for more,

Make it become the best, You'll be the ledge,

Work real hard and then let it blast,

Tick tick ticka tick take your time

Make it all jazzy that also rhymes,

Open your ears and you will hear it

I tell you this 'with Saints there's no limit.

We need,

A jazzy song,

A jazzy song,

A jazzy jaz jaz song,

We need,

A jazzy song,

A jazzy song,

A jazzy jaz jaz song....

• 2 weeks later...
I think this works for Che Adams

(To the tune of Mel & Kims "Respectable'

Che Che Che Che..Che,Che,Che,Che,Che,Che,

Take or leave us, only please believe us we ain't ever selling Che to Liverpool (To Liverpool)

This is good

Both

I can’t keep my mouth shut any longer - your Avatar reminds me of the drunken gag with girls. “ I bet you 50p I can make your tits go up and down without touching them!”...................................................”Sod it here 50p!!”. :p

Trouble is with pre arranged songs with clever words is no bugger sings them, on the other hand spontaneous funny songs from the stands are pretty funny like “that fat bastard is one of your own!”” from the Huddersfield fans last game, and was it Carlo Nash in goal for Preston years ago who was sporting long hair that looked like it had spent a week bathing in chip oil, to which the Northam sparked up “Shampooooo! have you ever heard of Shampoooo?!”.

Edited by John Boy Saint

I thought of a song a while back to the tune of Ride on Time by Black Box but it’s not for a new player...

Cos it’s Redmond time, Redmond time

R-R-Redmond time etc

He just Walks it in, w-w-walks it in etc

Full lyrics to be disclosed during rehearsals, 8-10pm Tuesdays and Thursdays through the season in The Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis. :blush:

To the tune of Gerry Cinnamon - Belter

He is our gaffer, different from the rest

His name is Hasenhutt, he’s a football genius

(Repeat)

Might not catch on due to the lack of hating pomey

He’s is our gaffer

With a 100 yard stare, Lemina nd Austin you’d better be aware

He is our gaffer

His name is hassentull and he’s very saviour fayre

He’s our gaffer, he’s our gaffer

A classic, catchy song and the name fits. You actually wonder why it’s not been used as a football chant by now - or if it has, at least, I’ve not heard it recently.

Great tune and would sound quality - just need United, Liverpool or Palace fans to sing it first and it then the Northam Seals will nick it

I thought of a song a while back to the tune of Ride on Time by Black Box but it’s not for a new player...

Cos it’s Redmond time, Redmond time

R-R-Redmond time etc

He just Walks it in, w-w-walks it in etc

Full lyrics to be disclosed during rehearsals, 8-10pm Tuesdays and Thursdays through the season in The Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis. :blush:

How about bringing 'Brown Girl in the Ring' back for Redmond

Oh, Nathan Redmond

Tra la la la la

He’s is our Nathan Redmond

Tra la la la la la

Oh, Nathan Redmond

Tra la la la la

And when he scores,

This is what we’re sing

What we’re sing

These threads generally highlight the woeful quality of songs that we have to put up with these days. They're either stolen from other clubs whilst we sing "we sing our song" without even the slightest hint of self awareness, have to mention the skates, or are utter embarrassments (baby shark).

So it's nice to see one that's quality on here for a change,

In amongst the god awful crap that we normally see

:toppa:

With several younger players getting a chance to shine in the friendlky in Austria and with Che Adams having recently signed, it occured to me that some of these players are going to need their own songs. It would also be great if we could have some songs that are not just knock-offs of the same old songs (often first used by Man Utd fans!). Why on earth do we have to keep copying them??! Nevertheless, I'm sure most songs will continue to be repeats of the same old things...!

One player for whom it seems pretty obvious what song should be used to sing about him is Dan N'Lundulu. That song is of course 'Vindaloo' by Fat Les:

N'Lundulu... N'Lundulu... His name's Dan N'Lundulu!

He's gonna score one more than you!

If we wanted to throw in a verse too, then maybe it would go something like this:

Me, my mum, my dad and my mates had a great St Mary's view:

Me, my mum, my dad and my mates and a goal from N'Lundulu!

More urgently, we could do with a song for Che Adams. How about this based on Coldplay's Clocks?... (if you don't know it check it out here:

)

Instrumental:

Che Adams, Che Adams, Che Adams, Che Adams...! Che Adams, Che Adams, Che Adams, Che Adams..! (repeat a few times)

Verse:

Shots go in and they can't be saved,

And a goal is scored by that man called Che.

Adams scores, slides down on his knees,

The crowd goes wild and shout and scream, singing

We are Saints and we're marching in,

Che Adams up front with Danny Ings

(NB I have missed out a bit of the verse there* but the tune repeats and I don't think we need to make it too long as football fans don't like too many words!)

So what do you think? What other suggestions do people have for songs for new players or emerging talent? What about Jake Vokins fort example..?

PS I know we will rarely ever see any of these suggested songs ending up on the terraces but it's just a bit of fun and you never know... maybe sometime someone WILL pick up a song from Saints Web and start singing it at a match! :)

How about this for Adams?

Tune: Rasputin

Che, Che, Che Adams

Signed for Saints from Birmingham

Face on the poster, in student flats

Che, Che, Che Adams

Southampton’s newest goal machine

Rides a Norton and wears a cravat

• 3 months later...

I was impressed by the Wolves 'Si Senor' song they stole from the bin dippers. Got me thinking we should try and make this fit one of our players:

There’s something that the Saints want you to know,

The best in the world his name is Djenepo,

Our number twelve

Give him the ball and he’ll score by himself

Si senor

Give the ball to Moussa and he will score

I'm not the biggest fan of 'ohhhh Moussa Djenepooo' on repeat.