Thread: Redmond & PEH Contracts

Default Redmond & PEH Contracts

Any whispers on new contracts for these two?

Both only have two years left, so selling values will diminish significantly after this summer.

Would be good to get them tied up and imagine we will be trying hard to persuade them. The carrot of a significant pay rise should in theory be enough.

If not, and they make it clear they won't sign an extension at all, then this summer or January would be the optimal time to sell, business wise, not that I hope this is what happens obviously.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    The carrot of a significant pay rise should in theory be enough.
    If I were them I'd want to see a good start to the season as well.

Could be the perfect storm of good players on short contracts and ****e players on long contracts.

Excellent.

The club must be confident about them signing new deals, otherwise we would be desperate to get rid this summer.

Any whispers on new contracts for these two?

Both only have two years left, so selling values will diminish significantly after this summer.

Would be good to get them tied up and imagine we will be trying hard to persuade them. The carrot of a significant pay rise should in theory be enough.

If not, and they make it clear they won't sign an extension at all, then this summer or January would be the optimal time to sell, business wise, not that I hope this is what happens obviously.
    Didn’t you do a thread on this about 2 weeks ago?

Apparently redmond turned down 80k a week. Wants 100k apparently. Don’t know how true it is, just a rumour I heard

Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    Didnít you do a thread on this about 2 weeks ago?
    Yeah, its disappeared or been closed for some reason.

Not sure why as clearly a valid topic.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Yeah, its disappeared or been closed for some reason.

Not sure why as clearly a valid topic.
    Perhaps because there is already a Contracts sticky and your thread got moved there?

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Could be the perfect storm of good players on short contracts and ****e players on long contracts.

Excellent.
    On the plus side - Clasie, Long, Austin and Cťdric are all out of contract next summer.

Got to tie Redmond down asap.

11. Default

Another couple of bits from the Staplewood event yesterday:

@TheDanJames: I was on a final warning for questions asked. But asked RW if Redmond + Hojbjerg have been offered new deals because there’s likely to be interest in them. #saintsfc
    @TheDanJames: There has been interest in both. However both are part of the plans and the club want them to stay so contracts likely have been or are to be offered. Highlighted the fees bought for and how Hojbjerg one of the youngest captains in the league. #saintsfc

12. Default

1 done.

Redmond new 4 year deal

14. Default Ralph encourages HÝjbjerg to extend Saints stay

umm, so Ralph either knows something or he’s putting a bit of out there in public pressure on PEH.....

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    umm, so Ralph either knows something or he’s putting a bit of out there in public pressure on PEH.....
    Didn’t sound like anything was imminent at the Solent fans forum. Martin Semmens seemed to indicate that the club knows PEH’s situation & it sounded like we needed to show him we are really moving in the right direction in order for him to stay.

Hojbjerg is on the radar of some very big teams around Europe. I imagine he's keeping his options open. Club also know that a PEH sale would allow RH to spend. Hope he signs and stays a few more seasons, and the club get rid of other players first.

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Hojbjerg is on the radar of some very big teams around Europe. I imagine he's keeping his options open. Club also know that a PEH sale would allow RH to spend. Hope he signs and stays a few more seasons, and the club get rid of other players first.
    He will be gone at the end of the season IMO

No shame in that. He is a good player and as long as we (adequately) reinvest

Can't see us getting much for him considering he will only have a year left on his deal. It doesn't put us in a good position to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Can't see us getting much for him considering he will only have a year left on his deal. It doesn't put us in a good position to negotiate.
    what would he be worth with 3 years left do you think? i like him and think hes good for us but hes not the sort of player i can see attracting a big fee. decent sized european team may want him but hes not going up the table far in the prem i reckon

Can't see the top top teams going in for him, because he gives the ball away too much, but hes a great player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Can't see the top top teams going in for him, because he gives the ball away too much, but hes a great player for us.
    I think his agent is probably just playing tough in the hope we panic and up our offer. I like Hoj but he's not really done enough to get the attention of a top 6 team. Lemina is a better player, when he wants to be, and look how his big move turned out.

I think he does a VVD. Signs a contract extension, stays till the end of next season and then leaves. I think he definitely would have been off if Ralph hadn't come in. But now as captain and with a manager who seems to be an excellent coach I reckon his stock at the end of next season will be very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    He will be gone at the end of the season IMO

No shame in that. He is a good player and as long as we (adequately) reinvest
    He would only have one year left by then so we would probably only get half of what he is really worth to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    I think you're spot on with that. He's managed to sort his shooting out, let's see if he can now work on his passing. Top playing in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post
    Got to tie Redmond down asap.
    Agree with this. Has basically become our best player.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteCampbell View Post
    Agree with this. Has basically become our best player.
    Good thing he signed a new contract in August then

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...0to%20announce.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk