Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Signed Ball

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,708

    Default Signed Ball

    My son just won this at his school fete.
    £1 raffle
    Gonna need some help IDing the sigs, any experts?
    (Assuming it’s not just the teachers )


  2. #2

    Default

    A few years ago there was a trend of putting their squad number attaching to the autograph. I see a 15 there in your photo.Might be a clue, although might also lead to the question how recently it was signed.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,870

    Default

    I think the one nearest to the right side thumb (looking at it) is from the deputy head

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,708

    Default Signed Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I think the one nearest to the right side thumb (looking at it) is from the deputy head


    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    A few years ago there was a trend of putting their squad number attaching to the autograph. I see a 15 there in your photo.Might be a clue, although might also lead to the question how recently it was signed.
    Cheers will check. Assume it’s new, couple of people with decent associations with the club have kids at the school. There were a stack of tickets on offer also.
    Last edited by Plastic; 19-07-2019 at 05:36 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Long, Romeo, Stephens & Yoshida from squad numbers.
    15 might have been Gallagher?
    Got a 12 & 34 on here also I think. Rest are just scribbles.

  6. Default

    Don't worry they will rub off after a few games in the winter !

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    The Newest Forest of the land
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Me or one of my brothers won in a similar situation in the late 80's. Was told it was going to be signed by Southampton players.
    When we got it it was plastic (a bit heavier duty than a Shoot 5) and signed by that lot down the road. We just played with it in the road 'til it was dead.
    Cheap arsed school in the West of Hampshire.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hurworth-On-Tees, nr Darlington
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Long, Romeo, Stephens & Yoshida from squad numbers.
    15 might have been Gallagher?
    Got a 12 & 34 on here also I think. Rest are just scribbles.
    Bearing in mind the numbers could have been upside down...

    12 might be 21 = Ryan Bertrand OR 51 = Tyreke Johnson
    34 could be 43 = Yan Valery OR 28 Angus Gunn (if the 8 looks like a 3!)

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,708

    Default Signed Ball

    34 is 14 - Romeo. Got confused.
    Think We have JWP also.
    This one though, answers on a postcard...
    Last edited by Plastic; 19-07-2019 at 08:01 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    One of them is Hoedt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default

    Looks like one of them gave up and decided to mark with an X.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Looks like one of them gave up and decided to mark with an X.
    Think that’s JWP, maybe 16.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    White Hart Truro
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Think that’s JWP, maybe 16.
    I’ve got one from 30+ years ago . Must dig it out one day .

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    Think that’s JWP, maybe 16.
    How do you write ‘Yoshida’ in Japanese?

    I tried to turn the picture upside down to check it but my iPad keeps turning it round again.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.
    Posts
    5,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    34 is 14 - Romeo. Got confused.
    Think We have JWP also.
    This one though, answers on a postcard...
    Alex McCarthy

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,708

    Default Signed Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    How do you write ‘Yoshida’ in Japanese?

    I tried to turn the picture upside down to check it but my iPad keeps turning it round again.
    He’s written ‘Maya 3’- probably the easiest one to identify

    Quote Originally Posted by jawillwill View Post
    Alex McCarthy
    Thanks!

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.
    Posts
    5,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
    He’s written ‘Maya 3’- probably the easiest one to identify



    Thanks!
    To clarify, that was a complete guess.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    I remember when we signed Ball

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •