Signed Ball

Plastic

A few years ago there was a trend of putting their squad number attaching to the autograph. I see a 15 there in your photo.Might be a clue, although might also lead to the question how recently it was signed.

I think the one nearest to the right side thumb (looking at it) is from the deputy head

[emoji106]

A few years ago there was a trend of putting their squad number attaching to the autograph. I see a 15 there in your photo.Might be a clue, although might also lead to the question how recently it was signed.

Cheers will check. Assume it’s new, couple of people with decent associations with the club have kids at the school. There were a stack of tickets on offer also.

Edited by Plastic

Me or one of my brothers won in a similar situation in the late 80's. Was told it was going to be signed by Southampton players.

When we got it it was plastic (a bit heavier duty than a Shoot 5) and signed by that lot down the road. We just played with it in the road 'til it was dead.

Cheap arsed school in the West of Hampshire.

Long, Romeo, Stephens & Yoshida from squad numbers.

15 might have been Gallagher?

Got a 12 & 34 on here also I think. Rest are just scribbles.

Bearing in mind the numbers could have been upside down...

12 might be 21 = Ryan Bertrand OR 51 = Tyreke Johnson

34 could be 43 = Yan Valery OR 28 Angus Gunn (if the 8 looks like a 3!)

How do you write ‘Yoshida’ in Japanese?

I tried to turn the picture upside down to check it but my iPad keeps turning it round again.

He’s written ‘Maya 3’- probably the easiest one to identify :)

Alex McCarthy

Thanks!