Guardian Gao article

Danbert

Very interesting - I'd not really noticed the purchases of young talent but it does sound like we're looking to do this more.

However, once Brexit happens, will we be able to do this as I'm unsure if these player will get work permits...

Was one of the things that came up at the recent fans forum. Said this is a focus. And rightly so, given the transfer fees / wages banded about at the moment.

Very interesting - I'd not really noticed the purchases of young talent but it does sound like we're looking to do this more.

However, once Brexit happens, will we be able to do this as I'm unsure if these player will get work permits...

Same heard the names, but once you see them all listed out like that over a 2 year period it shows a clear change of strategy. It also makes sense because well we just can't buy top level players so hoovering them up from lesser leagues academies and using that pathway as selling point seems to be a good strategy and hopefully it'll start showing some signs of working in 2-3 years time when these 16.17. 18 year olds start becoming 18,19, 20, 21 and appear in the first team squads more often.

Yeah, if you ever watch/read any of the scholar intake articles, the players mention where they've come from.