View Poll Results: SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

    19 22.35%
  • Labour

    11 12.94%
  • Liberals

    38 44.71%
  • UKIP

    0 0%
  • Green

    10 11.76%
  • Brexit

    5 5.88%
  • Change UK

    0 0%
  • Other

    2 2.35%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 368

Thread: Boris Johnson and the death of the United Kingdom as we know it.

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Duckie, you seem to be the only person on the planet who thinks that there wont be an election this year.
    Where on earth have I said that?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #302

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth
    Posts
    3,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    Who are the other libdems in the Conservative party? If you only say they were libdems after they leave, it has that kind of "bitter, jilted boyfriend retort" sound. Who do they need to kick out who's still there?
    Lord Duckhunter, you've avoided this question three times now. Does that mean that it does come down to this? Or are all of the MPs now proper Tories?

  3. #303

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    What is it with you lot? Democracy seems to frighten you. If the people give a mandate to Boris, so be it. Equally, if they give one to Corbyn or that daft sweaty Lib Dem , the same. Not wanting an election in case you lose, lol. Modern lefties for you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The longer he is left to flounder, the better their chances when the GE comes round. Democracy is moot, FPTP is not democratic. As a raw percentage of total votes cast, what percentage do you think should guarantee a majority in Parliament ?

  4. #304

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    Lord Duckhunter, you've avoided this question three times now. Does that mean that it does come down to this? Or are all of the MPs now proper Tories?
    He is stuck because he actually views Boris as a " pinko".

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    Lord Dickhunter, I've asked a few times, but you seem to avoid answering. Rather than call them out after they leave the party, who are the libdems still in the Tory party now? Or is that all of them?
    I tend to avoid answering abusive messages.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #306

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Second referendum wouldn’t change anything. If Leave won again, who would enact it? This bunch of MPs have proved that they won’t.

    Labour will stand on a platform of second referendum, as will Lib Dem’s. If you want a second referendum, the route is via a GE, how else are you going to get it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They could put a deal to Parliament and get it agreed on subject to a legally binding referendum - then it wouldn't have to go through Parliament again.

    This could have been done a year ago, we would already be out if the country still wanted to.

  7. #307

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    I tend to avoid answering abusive messages.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He has already apologised for not correcting 'auto-correct's error. My tablet computer keeps auto-correcting 'majority' to 'minority', which in the context of this thread is mildly amusing.

  8. #308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    People understand it just as much as condescending people like you. They just know that Parliament will not agree any deal that involves leaving. They’ll find any old excuse to vote against, to delay, in the hope that the public mood turns significantly enough to make a re run viable. Once we leave with no deal, we’re out. There’s no turning back, no revoking A50, no delay. The only way back is to rejoin. Remainers have brought this on themselves , they had a perfectly acceptable deal (from a Remain point of view) on the table. A deal that gave them a pathway to any long term relationship anybody desired,except being a member. Which is exactly why they voted it down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you'll be happy when, after October 15th, we'll have a re-vote on that deal and it may well get through.

  9. #309

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth
    Posts
    3,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    I tend to avoid answering abusive messages.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like I said, I have no problems apologising for the accidental insult that may be taken, but the question is pretty relevant.

  10. #310

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Remainers have brought this on themselves , they had a perfectly acceptable deal (from a Remain point of view) on the table. A deal that gave them a pathway to any long term relationship anybody desired,except being a member. Which is exactly why they voted it down.
    So the ERG, etc, who voted down the WA are really Remainers ?
    And surely, if the peop!e voting against the WA were truly Remainers, then they were bound to vote down the WA as it confirmed the path to leaving the EU.

  11. #311

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Where on earth have I said that?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have inferred several times that the opposition do not want a GE. They clearly do, but not on the terms of a man they do not trust.

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    Like I said, I have no problems apologising for the accidental insult that may be taken, but the question is pretty relevant.
    Perry, Ellwood, Morgan, Hancock , off the top of my head.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #313

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Where on earth have I said that?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have inferred several times that the opposition do not want a GE. They clearly do, but not on the terms of a man they do not trust.

  14. #314

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    I tend to avoid answering abusive messages.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That wasn't at you he already explained his autocorrect changed it to his usual search engine request.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    So the ERG, etc, who voted down the WA are really Remainers ?
    And surely, if the peop!e voting against the WA were truly Remainers, then they were bound to vote down the WA as it confirmed the path to leaving the EU.
    What a childish response.

    The ERG voted against it because they wanted no deal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    You have inferred several times that the opposition do not want a GE. They clearly do, but not on the terms of a man they do not trust.
    You claimed I did t think there’s going to be an election this year. Where did I write that?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #317

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    You claimed I did t think there’s going to be an election this year. Where did I write that?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have said several times that the opposition do not want, or are afraid of calling an election.

  18. #318

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,978
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    You have said several times that the opposition do not want, or are afraid of calling an election.
    He can't admit he's swallowed the official line hook, line and sinker and has boxed himself into a corner, unable to struggle to explain why waiting a month for a GE means the opposition is running scared.

    What a bloke in a chicken suit will do to some of the more impressionable on here
    Last edited by shurlock; 09-09-2019 at 12:50 PM.

  19. #319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    People understand it just as much as condescending people like you. They just know that Parliament will not agree any deal that involves leaving. They’ll find any old excuse to vote against, to delay, in the hope that the public mood turns significantly enough to make a re run viable. Once we leave with no deal, we’re out. There’s no turning back, no revoking A50, no delay. The only way back is to rejoin. Remainers have brought this on themselves , they had a perfectly acceptable deal (from a Remain point of view) on the table. A deal that gave them a pathway to any long term relationship anybody desired,except being a member. Which is exactly why they voted it down.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Calm down . Calm down.

    Take 10 minutes out and read that article from Ivan Rogers. It is in the Spectator which even you must agree is hardly a pinko rag.

    The point is that if we left the EU on 31 October , there will still be a need to negotiate a trade deal with our largest trade partners in the EU. It is completely false to think that leaving on 31 October would mean that Brexit would be over and done with.

  20. #320

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    What a childish response.

    The ERG voted against it because they wanted no deal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most of your posts deserve "childish" responses, like for like.

  21. #321

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,978
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    Calm down . Calm down.

    Take 10 minutes out and read that article from Ivan Rogers. It is in the Spectator which even you must agree is hardly a pinko rag.

    The point is that if we left the EU on 31 October , there will still be a need to negotiate a trade deal with our largest trade partners in the EU. It is completely false to think that leaving on 31 October would mean that Brexit would be over and done with.
    Ivan Rogers is an alumnus of my old school (and so is Benny Hill).

  22. #322

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    18,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Ivan Rogers is an alumnus of my old school (and so is Benny Hill).
    My aunt was Benny Hill’s secretary (but I don’t think she ever met Ivan Rogers)

  23. #323

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Shirley
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    My aunt was Benny Hill’s secretary (but I don’t think she ever met Ivan Rogers)
    I said "hello" to Benny Hill on Southampton Common.

  24. #324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    My aunt was Benny Hill’s secretary (but I don’t think she ever met Ivan Rogers)
    Your Aunt is Jane Leeves?


  25. #325

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth
    Posts
    3,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    That wasn't at you he already explained his autocorrect changed it to his usual search engine request.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Haha, I was waiting for that!

  26. #326

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    Haha, I was waiting for that!
    Cheap shot I know but I couldn't resist

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  27. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post

    The point is that if we left the EU on 31 October , there will still be a need to negotiate a trade deal with our largest trade partners in the EU. It is completely false to think that leaving on 31 October would mean that Brexit would be over and done with.
    Really? Wow.....you remainers are so very clever.

    I don’t think there’s one person who thinks we’re going to trade under WTO rules for perpetuity. Not one. It’s not just oh so clever remainers like you that realise we’ll have to negotiate a trade deal. Most of the ERG favour a Canada style arrangement and I’d imagine most of them realise this involves a negotiation and doesn’t happen the day we leave.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Ivan Rogers is an alumnus of my old school (and so is Benny Hill).
    You and CB Fry went to Bellemoor? Classmates?

  29. #329

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,521

    Default

    So Parliament now closes down for 5 weeks thanks to Boris. It isn’t as if there is anything important going on that needs to be dealt with or anything.

  30. #330

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Really? Wow.....you remainers are so very clever.

    I don’t think there’s one person who thinks we’re going to trade under WTO rules for perpetuity. Not one. It’s not just oh so clever remainers like you that realise we’ll have to negotiate a trade deal. Most of the ERG favour a Canada style arrangement and I’d imagine most of them realise this involves a negotiation and doesn’t happen the day we leave.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that the Canada deal that took about 7 years to negotiate, and is still far from fully implemented ?

  31. #331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Really? Wow.....you remainers are so very clever.

    I don’t think there’s one person who thinks we’re going to trade under WTO rules for perpetuity. Not one. It’s not just oh so clever remainers like you that realise we’ll have to negotiate a trade deal. Most of the ERG favour a Canada style arrangement and I’d imagine most of them realise this involves a negotiation and doesn’t happen the day we leave.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So do you think that Johnson is telling the truth when he announces that he would get Brexit over and done with if we left on October 31st or do you think he is telling lies to appeal to the perceived Brexit weary voters?

  32. #332

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    6,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    So do you think that Johnson is telling the truth when he announces that he would get Brexit over and done with if we left on October 31st or do you think he is telling lies to appeal to the perceived Brexit weary voters?
    We're his lips moving? If so, lying.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  33. #333

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stalking Theo's Missus
    Posts
    12,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buctootim View Post
    My aunt was Benny Hill’s secretary (but I don’t think she ever met Ivan Rogers)
    Did he chase her round the Common with a speeded up camera?

  34. #334

    Default

    The behaviour in the Commons tonight was appalling.
    MPs screeching at each other like troubled children, the PM repeating tired spin soundbites panto-style, and playing with a microphone as if mid-breakdown - the whole charade was a terrible demonstration that the majority of MPs seem to care more about childish games than they do about making any progress.
    Shameful.

  35. #335

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,452
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    The behaviour in the Commons tonight was appalling.
    MPs screeching at each other like troubled children, the PM repeating tired spin soundbites panto-style, and playing with a microphone as if mid-breakdown - the whole charade was a terrible demonstration that the majority of MPs seem to care more about childish games than they do about making any progress.
    Shameful.
    Absolutely I think whatever side you are on everyone can agree that that was disgusting. With political trust at an all time low you had hours of licking the speaker's a*se despite everyone who knows him personally thinking he's a horrible person and most of the MPs thinking similar, then you had people holding up signs, singing and a load of carrying on from both sides. Then you get the shameful list of honours from Theresa May before Olly Robbins starts his new job for a big Bank. Our political system is entirely broken and it needs replacing whatever the outcome of brexit.

  36. #336

    Default Boris Johnson and the death of the United Kingdom as we know it.

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Absolutely I think whatever side you are on everyone can agree that that was disgusting. With political trust at an all time low you had hours of licking the speaker's a*se despite everyone who knows him personally thinking he's a horrible person and most of the MPs thinking similar, then you had people holding up signs, singing and a load of carrying on from both sides. Then you get the shameful list of honours from Theresa May before Olly Robbins starts his new job for a big Bank. Our political system is entirely broken and it needs replacing whatever the outcome of brexit.
    Entirely broken? Bit over the top. They are an odd bunch and bars been open all day but Parliament doing a good job at thwarting a yobbo and his guru thinks he can roughshod over our democratic process.

    Awdair awdair.

  37. #337

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    I fancy becoming an MP. They’ve just had 7 weeks off and now get another 5 weeks. Nice if you can get it.

  38. #338

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Absolutely I think whatever side you are on everyone can agree that that was disgusting. With political trust at an all time low you had hours of licking the speaker's a*se despite everyone who knows him personally thinking he's a horrible person and most of the MPs thinking similar, then you had people holding up signs, singing and a load of carrying on from both sides. Then you get the shameful list of honours from Theresa May before Olly Robbins starts his new job for a big Bank. Our political system is entirely broken and it needs replacing whatever the outcome of brexit.
    I agree, rewarding Oily Robbins with a knighthood for his abject failure to negotiate anything better than the EU Surrender Treaty Withdrawal Agreement is risible. No doubt the job with Goldman Sachs is the icing on the cake, win/win for the incompetent oaf and lose/lose for us poor buggers. Nick Ferrari has it bang on the money.

    https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...i-brutal-take/

    The only comfort I can take from this obnoxious rewarding of honours for dubious services rendered to public "servants" is that it is suggested that Bercow will be the only Speaker in our political history not to be given a seat in the Lords.

  39. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post

    The only comfort I can take from this obnoxious rewarding of honours for dubious services rendered to public "servants" is that it is suggested that Bercow will be the only Speaker in our political history not to be given a seat in the Lords.
    As he considers himself a ground breaking speaker, no doubt he’ll approve of the precedent it’ll set.

    The whole Bercow thing shows labour and pinkos hypocrisy perfectly. A proven racist & bully kept in place because of his Brexit stance. As a senior labour figure said “Brexit trumps bad behaviour.”

    The last 2 speakers have been absolutely woeful, let’s hope Hoyle gets the role and restores a bit of dignity to this crucial role. The politicisation of the speakers role will cause untold damage to future Parliament’s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #340

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    The whole Bercow thing shows labour and pinkos hypocrisy perfectly. A proven racist & bully........
    And former right wing Tory.

  41. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    And former right wing Tory.
    Exactly, a racist one at that.

    Still I reckon they’d cheer Nick Griffin & Rolf Harris if they supported Remain.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Exactly, a racist one at that.

    Still I reckon they’d cheer Nick Griffin & Rolf Harris if they supported Remain.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As would you if they support Brexit

  43. #343

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,978
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    And former right wing Tory.
    Bercow held some distasteful views in his youth which he repudiated pretty early on and then spent the rest of his career fighting against. There’s zero hypocrisy because there was nothing for Labour and pinkos to turn a blind eye to. It’s self-evident. Then again LD is self-evidently stupid.
    Last edited by shurlock; 10-09-2019 at 05:14 PM.

  44. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    So Parliament now closes down for 5 weeks thanks to Boris. It isn’t as if there is anything important going on that needs to be dealt with or anything.
    After having a long holiday.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #345

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rica
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    As he considers himself a ground breaking speaker, no doubt he’ll approve of the precedent it’ll set.

    The whole Bercow thing shows labour and pinkos hypocrisy perfectly. A proven racist & bully kept in place because of his Brexit stance. As a senior labour figure said “Brexit trumps bad behaviour.”

    The last 2 speakers have been absolutely woeful, let’s hope Hoyle gets the role and restores a bit of dignity to this crucial role. The politicisation of the speakers role will cause untold damage to future Parliament’s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeez, you're a right little snowflake aren't you? The perfect epitome of a whinging right winger perfectly happy to dish it out and then moan about hypocrisy when it's not going their way. Boris is a proven liar and Boris is a racist yet you support him as long as he gets your precious little no deal brexit. Islamophobia is rife within the Tory party and you still support that and no doubt you were still perfectly happy with UKIP despite that being very obviously racist. I'm to going to defend any racist behaviour by anyone but lets not pretend hypocrisy is exclusive to "pinkos".

  46. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    As would you if they support Brexit
    Griffin does support Brexit but you don’t find me supporting him. More importantly Brexit supporting MP’s won’t be cheering him, claiming Brexit trumps bad behaviour. Bercow has had very serious allegations of bullying and sexism swept under the carpet purely because he is useful for the extremists in their attempt to bypass democracy. If you’re happy with that it tells us a lot about your moral compass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. Default Boris Johnson and the death of the United Kingdom as we know it.

    Quote Originally Posted by revolution saint View Post
    Jeez, you're a right little snowflake aren't you? The perfect epitome of a whinging right winger perfectly happy to dish it out and then moan about hypocrisy when it's not going their way. Boris is a proven liar and Boris is a racist yet you support him as long as he gets your precious little no deal brexit. Islamophobia is rife within the Tory party and you still support that and no doubt you were still perfectly happy with UKIP despite that being very obviously racist. I'm to going to defend any racist behaviour by anyone but lets not pretend hypocrisy is exclusive to "pinkos".
    Boris isn’t a racist and islamaphobia isn’t rampant in the Tory party.

    I’ll spell it out for you. There is a huge difference between not believing something and believing it to be true but turning a blind eye. Had I claimed “yes, Boris is racist but his Brexit position trumps that”. I would be guilty of the rank hypocrisy pinkos have indulged in. Margret Beckett & Emily Thornberry both accepted that Bercow had bullied and displayed sexist behaviour but turned a blind eye. Thornberry said “now is not the time to remove him” and Beckett said “Brexit trumps bad behaviour “.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  48. #348

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rica
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Boris isn’t a racist and islamaphobia isn’t rampant in the Tory party.

    I’ll spell it out for you. There is a huge difference between not believing something and believing it to be true but turning a blind eye. Had I claimed “yes, Boris is racist but his Brexit position trumps that”. I would be guilty of the rank hypocrisy pinkos have indulged in. Margret Beckett & Emily Thornberry both accepted that Bercow had bullied and displayed sexist behaviour but turned a blind eye. Thornberry said “now is not the time to remove him” and Beckett said “Brexit trumps bad behaviour “.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, this seems to suggest that Boris and a large part of the tory party is islamophobic: https://www.businessinsider.com/poll...19-6?r=US&IR=T

    Now that probably isn't the case - a lot of this type of stuff takes things out of context or deliberately poses things in a way that proves what it wants to (in this case Islamophobia) but you seem perfectly willing to believe the stuff against the people you disagree with and to try and use that as a stick to beat them with. Least have the guts to admit that (although it seems pretty self evident). Finally I'm sure you'll join me in condemning the great lady herself for being close personal friends with General Pinochet? I mean, you wouldn't idolise someone who called a dictator and terrorist a true friend would you?

  49. #349

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,452
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revolution saint View Post
    Well, this seems to suggest that Boris and a large part of the tory party is islamophobic: https://www.businessinsider.com/poll...19-6?r=US&IR=T

    Now that probably isn't the case - a lot of this type of stuff takes things out of context or deliberately poses things in a way that proves what it wants to (in this case Islamophobia) but you seem perfectly willing to believe the stuff against the people you disagree with and to try and use that as a stick to beat them with. Least have the guts to admit that (although it seems pretty self evident). Finally I'm sure you'll join me in condemning the great lady herself for being close personal friends with General Pinochet? I mean, you wouldn't idolise someone who called a dictator and terrorist a true friend would you?
    Tbf the definition that the likes of Labour want to use for so called "islamaphobia" is absurd. Anti-Muslim prejudice is an infinitely better term. Like you said though its quite possible that quotes were taken out of context. It's a real problem accross the political spectrum that people take the least charitable interpretation of a quote possible.

  50. #350

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,521

    Default

    Whether Johnson is Islamophobic or not, saying that Muslim women look like letter boxes and bank robbers probably wasn’t wise was it for someone aiming for the job of PM?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •