The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

"The Army and police are investigating after a soldier sent an offensive tweet to Labour MP Angela Rayner.

The soldier's Twitter account - which has now been deleted - posted a message swearing at Ms Rayner and saying she "will perish when civil war comes"."

"In the tweet, the soldier said: "17.4 million people are gunning for blood if we don't leave"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49855613

civil war....err yeah ok

so on one side we have the leavers

th?id=OIP.d8-FSscHQzEd3-UWb4zIsAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=304&h=172

on the other side the remainers

th?id=OIP.C_InjEo09WW4z0ehZzjEuAHaE7&pid=Api&P=0&w=259&h=173

we have a bloody big battle and everybody gets home in time for tea and Strictly coming dancing?

Do you want 'mock' outrage. or would you prefer the genuine article ?

The bile and disgraceful tone of our politics, currently, merely encourages the nutters who watch MPs on live TV, snarling and hurling invective, and inciting violent responses by using terms such as 'traitor' and 'Surrender Act'. It doesn't matter which side they are on, and makes we worry about whether we can ever heal the divide that has been exposed in popular opinion.

( Nice bit of digging to find a year old story, )

Edited by badgerx16

Do you want 'mock' outrage. or would you prefer the genuine article ?

The bile and disgraceful tone of our politics, currently, merely encourages the nutters who watch MPs on live TV, snarling and hurling invective, and inciting violent responses by using terms such as 'traitor' and 'Surrender Act'. It doesn't matter which side they are on, and makes we worry about whether we can ever heal the divide that has been exposed in popular opinion.

I don't like the fact that people post things to try to demonise people who voted leave, that's what these kind of posts are about and they are only ever posted by remoaners. You get posts on here from people saying any one who voted leave is a racist and not a word about that from you lot.

I don't like the fact that people post things to try to demonise people who voted leave, that's what these kind of posts are about and they are only ever posted by remoaners. You get posts on here from people saying any one who voted leave is a racist and not a word about that from you lot.

Jeff said something about Wes which went too far and several of ‘us’ said so - was on the thread from that time.

Clearly, it would be absurd to say 17.4m are racist, susceptible to Cummings and Boris’s lies, but not necessarily racist. All the people who are racist voted in that 17.4m. What percentage that is I couldn’t say.

Look at the evidence - the Soldier, Jess Phillips staff intimidated and threatened, Jo Cox murdered, Leave EU directly threatening ex Tory MPs who wouldn’t support their extreme right wing agenda funded by Banks and Putin. Even in my family, German born family members told to ‘go home’ in front of their English-born kids. Open racism by the Brexit Party, Widdecombe’s racist speech about slavery. If Nick Griffin and his revolting BNP had done a fraction of the above, the Tories would have hammered him. Let’s not even get started on Tommy Sheridan and co because this is getting embarrassing.

The reason there isn’t a balance in the media, a very xenophobic and nationalist media, is that marches and a bit of a few soap dodgers shouting at JRM is about as bad as it has got on the Remain side.

Jeff said something about Wes which went too far and several of ‘us’ said so - was on the thread from that time.

Clearly, it would be absurd to say 17.4m are racist, susceptible to Cummings and Boris’s lies, but not necessarily racist. All the people who are racist voted in that 17.4m. What percentage that is I couldn’t say.

Look at the evidence - the Soldier, Jess Phillips staff intimidated and threatened, Jo Cox murdered, Leave EU directly threatening ex Tory MPs who wouldn’t support their extreme right wing agenda funded by Banks and Putin. Even in my family, German born family members told to ‘go home’ in front of their English-born kids. Open racism by the Brexit Party, Widdecombe’s racist speech about slavery. If Nick Griffin and his revolting BNP had done a fraction of the above, the Tories would have hammered him. Let’s not even get started on Tommy Sheridan and co because this is getting embarrassing.

The reason there isn’t a balance in the media, a very xenophobic and nationalist media, is that marches and a bit of a few soap dodgers shouting at JRM is about as bad as it has got on the Remain side.

Let me get this straight, are you saying that racists only voted leave and none voted remain?

Even our own police and government are acknowledging that right wing terrorism is a growing problem in the UK right now. I suppose its possible these individuals voted remain....

Fastest-growing UK terror threat 'from far-right'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49753325

Home office Fact sheet: Right-wing terrorism

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2019/09/20/fact-sheet-right-wing-terrorism/

Yep, and a 5 minute Google would find hundreds more like that with little effort. Try finding anywhere near the same on the Remain side. You might, but it will take a heck of a lot longer, if at all. Moreover, all of bile from Cummings, Johnson, Francois and co is making the ex BNP and Combat 18 brigade even more aggressive.

And Boris’s own family condemn his language as inflammatory and likely to lead to violence.

To be fair, what I said was a joke (in poor taste, but so is saying you dislike Jews and Arabs), but at no point did I mention anyone murdering him.

Let me get this straight, are you saying that racists only voted leave and none voted remain?

Its pretty self evident there will be more racists on the side that campaigned to reduce freedom of movement and generally nationalist policies than the side that voted to remain closely associated with 27 other countries and to retain freedom of movement.

Yep, and a 5 minute Google would find hundreds more like that with little effort. Try finding anywhere near the same on the Remain side. You might, but it will take a heck of a lot longer, if at all. Moreover, all of bile from Cummings, Johnson, Francois and co is making the ex BNP and Combat 18 brigade even more aggressive.

And Boris’s own family condemn his language as inflammatory and likely to lead to violence.

Earlier this evening Brendon O'neill was mentioned for inciting violence and he's a self confessed marxist. So is it the far right, far left or is it that any one who voted leave is a violent nutter no matter what their political bias is?

Let's make a deal, I'll condemn any Remainers claiming all Brexiteers are 'racists' if you reciprocate for any of 'you lot' calling Remainers 'traitors'.

Its pretty self evident there will be more racists on the side that campaigned to reduce freedom of movement and generally nationalist policies than the side that voted to remain closely associated with 27 other countries and to retain freedom of movement.

That may be true but that is not the same as all racists voted leave

So is it the far right, far left or is it that any one who voted leave is a violent nutter no matter what their political bias is?

No, only the potentially violent nutters, ( whatever their political affiliation ), are likely to turn out to be so, but it is likely that most, if not all, of that group voted leave, based on the current weight of evidence. A leave result in the referendum was always likely to encourage this sort of activity, so people with such tendencies would have been drawn to it.

Looks like he may have a bit of a distraction to deal with.

PM referred to police watchdog over Jennifer Arcuri allegations

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/27/boris-johnson-referred-to-police-watchdog-over-potential-misconduct?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The Evening Standard reported she was initially barred from the trips because her company "wasn't credible" and only got places after an intervention by a "Mayoral Aide".

The Evening Standard reported she was initially barred from the trips because her company "wasn't credible" and only got places after an intervention by a "Mayoral Aide".

Forget Brexit. This has the potential to scupper Johnson's premiership. This smacks of impropriety and could well see many of his supporters deserting him.

Forget Brexit. This has the potential to scupper Johnson's premiership. This smacks of impropriety and could well see many of his supporters deserting him.

We’ve reached the point where many Brexiters are so morally compromised and set in their position that they’re likely to dismiss this as a witch-hunt, a political form of project fear and secondary to getting Brexit done.

We’ve reached the point where many Brexiters are so morally compromised and set in their position that they’re likely to dismiss this as a witch-hunt, a political form of project fear and secondary to getting Brexit done.

It's taken nigh on eleven years for this to come out

That may be true but that is not the same as all racists voted leave

Hell, I'll say it for you - all racists voted leave. Why on earth wouldn't they? Did any of the KKK vote for Obama? Course they bloody didn't and it's the same for the leave vote - you're pursuing the same agenda (take back control of our borders, immigration etc etc). It's the same thing the BNP, EDL and other far right groups want and, yes, they want to go further than that but they're not going to vote remain cause your lot don't go far enough are they? Not all leavers are racists but all racists are leave voters. It's common sense and you're deluded if you think otherwise.

Hell, I'll say it for you - all racists voted leave. Why on earth wouldn't they? Did any of the KKK vote for Obama? Course they bloody didn't and it's the same for the leave vote - you're pursuing the same agenda (take back control of our borders, immigration etc etc). It's the same thing the BNP, EDL and other far right groups want and, yes, they want to go further than that but they're not going to vote remain cause your lot don't go far enough are they? Not all leavers are racists but all racists are leave voters. It's common sense and you're deluded if you think otherwise.

You are not all there mate, Batman gave you Dianne Abbott, enough said

Dianne Abbott

You’re welcome

What has Diane Abbott done that is racist? Is she actually racist, or has she just said something that some people interpret as racist? Don't forget there is a difference.

I know she's stupid and a hypocrite, but wasn't aware she was a racist.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

What has Diane Abbott done that is racist? Is she actually racist, or has she just said something that some people interpret as racist? Don't forget there is a difference.

I know she's stupid and a hypocrite, but wasn't aware she was a racist.

If you are not aware she is a racist, that is your issue

Feck me, if this thread has become representative of how the remain masses think / act, the nation has/will become a desperate place. Apparently not a single racist could possibly have voted leave - I mean having a huge issue with non whites is exactly the same as having a huge issue with whites, right? Methinks xenophobia and racism have become fused. Ridiculous. Unless I've misread, one bloke has not invited leave voters to his wedding. Jesus wept, if that's the level of social apartheid that we have to expect as a result of a vote then we truly are in trouble. That's just two views over the last page of nonsense on here. They're both from a group of remainders who seek to suggest that brexiters are feral pack animals, whilst as a pack, turning on the few leave voters who dare to express a view. Absolutely pathetic hypocrisy at play.

"white people love to play divide and rule".

implying West indian mothers care more about their children than other races.

"the British invented racism"

"blonde haired blue eyed Finnish girls are unsuitable as nurses."

That seems pretty racist to me.

I agree, they are racist comments, and I'm assuming they are probably no better in context. However, not sure if she is thick or racist though.

"white people love to play divide and rule".

implying West indian mothers care more about their children than other races.

"the British invented racism"

"blonde haired blue eyed Finnish girls are unsuitable as nurses."

That seems pretty racist to me.

It's blatant racism, no discussion.

I agree, they are racist comments, and I'm assuming they are probably no better in context. However, not sure if she is thick or racist though.

But that footballer is apparently racist cos of his tweet / video re mendy. What iq level does one set the bar at to determine if he and/or Abbott are racist? Or is it different cos one of them is white and the other black? For me colour and intellect aren't factors, her comments are racist in nature and there's several of them.

If you make racist comments on a number of occasions how are you not racist? I think there's plenty of examples of her not being particularly bright too.

We all know that the likes of lammy and Abbott have a lower opinion of someone if they have white skin which is absolutely a racist attitude to hold.

Race is not a factor for the vast majority of Brits when deciding if they like someone or not but it quite clearly is to them.

Feck me, if this thread has become representative of how the remain masses think / act, the nation has/will become a desperate place. Apparently not a single racist could possibly have voted leave - I mean having a huge issue with non whites is exactly the same as having a huge issue with whites, right? Methinks xenophobia and racism have become fused. Ridiculous. Unless I've misread, one bloke has not invited leave voters to his wedding. Jesus wept, if that's the level of social apartheid that we have to expect as a result of a vote then we truly are in trouble. That's just two views over the last page of nonsense on here. They're both from a group of remainders who seek to suggest that brexiters are feral pack animals, whilst as a pack, turning on the few leave voters who dare to express a view. Absolutely pathetic hypocrisy at play.

No-one's ever turned on people expressing a view - the issue is those views have not been expanded and explained.

Generally those who are xenophobic tend to be racist, there is a small gap, but if you want to actually say that all xenophobes voted leave, then fine, I agree with you.

And yes, there will be some sort of social apartheid taking place now. That is how disgusted a lot of Remainers are on the reasons that leavers voted that way. All through the debate we have asked for valid reasons for leaving, and there have been such few coherent arguments that it only shows that there is an underlying, disgraceful, reason for voting leave, or that they've been conned and won't admit it. The reason it has got to this is leavers inability to either admit they were conned or come up with a coherent argument as to wanting to leave the EU.

But that footballer is apparently racist cos of his tweet / video re mendy. What iq level does one set the bar at to determine if he and/or Abbott are racist? Or is it different cos one of them is white and the other black? For me colour and intellect aren't factors, her comments are racist in nature and there's several of them.

It's no different, but I have also argued that I'm not sure Boris is actually racist, if you want some balance on this.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.