The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

Poor old Penny losing the defence post. I understood that she was doing a good job and thought that she was a rising star in the Tory party. Perhaps Boris doesn't like her because she is a skate.

Doubt it. Rugger’s his thing. Football’s for plebs like you and me.

Edited by shurlock

Poor old Penny losing the defence post. I understood that she was doing a good job and thought that she was a rising star in the Tory party. Perhaps Boris doesn't like her because she is a skate.

what did she do in 8 weeks?

Saw this quote from Boris in an article today:

'One of the most depressed towns in southern England, a place that is arguably too full of drugs, obesity, underachievement and Labour MPs.' On Portsmouth.

Obviously before Penny.

Think he had a few choice remarks about Liverpool once as well, which Cameron sent him up there to apologise for.

I'm no Tory but read a profile of Penny in the paper at the weekend and she did come across well. As a skate with connections to the forces, she did seem genuinely thrilled to have that job so is a pity for her that it is over already.

Despite being pro-Brexit she was not sufficiently pro-Boris.

Saw this quote from Boris in an article today:

Obviously before Penny.

Think he had a few choice remarks about Liverpool once as well, which Cameron sent him up there to apologise for.

Michael Howard - it was that long ago.

I'm no Tory but read a profile of Penny in the paper at the weekend and she did come across well. As a skate with connections to the forces, she did seem genuinely thrilled to have that job so is a pity for her that it is over already.

Despite being pro-Brexit she was not sufficiently pro-Boris.

Being the key.

Not part of the ambitious little shîts brigade that saw the likes of Matt Hancock casting himself as a principled moderate in his leadership bid, crashing and burning, immediately switching allegiances to Johnson and then happily throwing an important green paper under the bus to curry favour with his prospective boss.

Being the key.

Not part of the ambitious little shîts brigade that saw the likes of Matt Hancock casting himself as a principled moderate in his leadership bid, crashing and burning, immediately switching allegiances to Johnson and then happily throwing an important green paper under the bus to curry favour with his prospective boss.

Ditch the sugar tax to keep him sweet.

Raab, Priti Vacant, JRM, McVey, Leadsom etc - most of the leading swivels in the Cabinet.

Brilliant on one level. But if we’ve learnt anything over the past three years, it’s the Brexiters unfailing ability to weasel out of any responsibility and blame others when it goes tits up. It’s in their DNA.

It's pretty clear that this motley band of toxic misfits and corrupt loons will fail to deliver on the promises.

But the strategy will already be in place.

Their failure will be the fault of Corbyn, the Lib Dems and or the EU, never their own.

So get extra popcorn and a comfy cushion, the Boris months will be a hilarious parade of mistruths, spin aimed at the gullible, and gaffes.

Grayling's final act was to order our handcart for the forthcoming journey - from a company that doesn't have any.

It's an appalling Cabinet chosen just to give unquestioning allegiance to Johnson.

But his appointments will come to haunt him. He'll get things through Cabinet as it's full of Yes men (and one or two women) but he's failed to keep his enemies close and created a strong opposition within his own party.

With no working majority, he'll struggle to get anything done and will lose a vote of confidence in the near future.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's an appalling Cabinet chosen just to give unquestioning allegiance to Johnson.

But his appointments will come to haunt him. He'll get things through Cabinet as it's full of Yes men (and one or two women) but he's failed to keep his enemies close and created a strong opposition within his own party.

With no working majority, he'll struggle to get anything done and will lose a vote of confidence in the near future.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Which is why he won't take us down the "No Deal" route.

It's a beautiful day. Some great sackings and some great appointments. It's good to see all the usual forum snowflakes having a collective meltdown this morning. :D

Who's having a meltdown? Nobody on this thread from what we can see.

As said, he's come out with some very decent, anti Tory policies so far, including increasing police numbers, school funding and NHS spending. Those are policies that all the lefties can get on with, as they're pinko leftie policies.

As said, he's come out with some very decent, anti Tory policies so far, including increasing police numbers, school funding and NHS spending. Those are policies that all the lefties can get on with, as they're pinko leftie policies.

Anti Tory. Lol.

None of those things are anti-tory. Just sad that normally a tory government has to come in a mop up the bad spending of a Labour Pinko government and the FREE MONEY FOR EVERYONE policies.

Whenever Les hides behind his stock soundbites and vacuities, you know he’s struggling. He seems awfully flustered for someone’s who supposed to be over the moon. Maybe it’s the weather?

You really are clueless about Tory policies. Of course you and the usual suspects are having a collective meltdown, as you have started your very own forum thread to express your angst at the appointment of Boris as PM. Woe is you, thrice woe. I'll really enjoy the daily outpourings of doom and gloom from you remoaners as you wail and gnash your teeth at your impotence to change anything. :lol:

You really are clueless about Tory policies. Of course you and the usual suspects are having a collective meltdown, as you have started your very own forum thread to express your angst at the appointment of Boris as PM. Woe is you, thrice woe. I'll really enjoy the daily outpourings of doom and gloom from you remoaners as you wail and gnash your teeth at your impotence to change anything. :lol:

We haven't left yet.

Ah, those classic Tory policies of increasing public spending.

I haven't started anything. I said "Lets see what happens". I'm willing to give him a chance. Not sure where you are reading that I have said anything of doom and gloom. Perhaps you can point it out?

You seem very agitated this morning...your gardener back?

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

You obviously missed my happiness at the dawning of a bright new era with all of the hapless and incompetent remoaners being removed from the Government, to be replaced by those who believe in the positive benefits to the country following our departure from the EU, either with or without a FT deal with them. It is obviously you who are the agitated one, or you wouldn't have felt the need to lower yourself into the gutter once again with your infantile past insult, for which you were roundly condemned by most of the decent posters on here.

But on this glorious day, I can still find some time to feel magnamimous towards you and I offer you my pity and sympathy for your suffering.

You obviously missed my happiness at the dawning of a bright new era with all of the hapless and incompetent remoaners being removed from the Government, to be replaced by those who believe in the positive benefits to the country following our departure from the EU, either with or without a FT deal with them. It is obviously you who are the agitated one, or you wouldn't have felt the need to lower yourself into the gutter once again with your infantile past insult, for which you were roundly condemned by most of the decent posters on here.

But on this glorious day, I can still find some time to feel magnamimous towards you and I offer you my pity and sympathy for your suffering.

Not at all - I'm happy to give him a chance, as I said above before you started gloating about voting in someone that won't deliver the right wing policies you want, or the no deal Brexit you want.

Traditional Boris is my politics, and at the moment it's looking like traditional Boris. Let's just wait and see what happens, shall we babe? x

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

Les, do you plan on sticking around this time in October/November? Not run away like you did in March? It wasn’t a particularly good look pal - one might even say, to borrow your cute little phrase, it bore all the hallmarks of a snowflake :lol:

No sense of being a patronising git in this response then!

No sense of being a patronising git in this response then!

I'm not sure someone can be patronising, if the person that is the subject of it doesn't feel patronised. Generally, the way I feel about Wes is that he is here for my/our entertainment, and we really miss him when he's not around. You see how much the threads died when he went away, as no-one really cares about discussing stuff when there's not that idiot on there shouting at the clouds, as Wes does.

I think we should be nice, as we don't want him flouncing off again when he doesn't get his way, like in March.

Les, do you plan on sticking around this time in October/November? Not run away like you did in March? It wasn’t a particularly good look pal - one might even say, to borrow your cute little phrase, it bore all the hallmarks of a snowflake :lol:

I'm quite happy to have a little gloat at the discomfort of the likes of you (and your mate Adonis; where has he been recently?) from time to time, and then to disappear for a while and have an inward surreptitious laugh at the house remoaners spluttering and frothing among themselves in the absence of any leaver on whom to vent their bile. I'll probably resurface again towards the end of October leave deadline unless there are other developments worthy of spending the time to comment on.:p

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.