The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

If you make racist comments on a number of occasions how are you not racist? I think there's plenty of examples of her not being particularly bright too.

We all know that the likes of lammy and Abbott have a lower opinion of someone if they have white skin which is absolutely a racist attitude to hold.

Race is not a factor for the vast majority of Brits when deciding if they like someone or not but it quite clearly is to them.

OK, so are you saying that Boris is a racist then?

No-one's ever turned on people expressing a view - the issue is those views have not been expanded and explained.

Generally those who are xenophobic tend to be racist, there is a small gap, but if you want to actually say that all xenophobes voted leave, then fine, I agree with you.

And yes, there will be some sort of social apartheid taking place now. That is how disgusted a lot of Remainers are on the reasons that leavers voted that way. All through the debate we have asked for valid reasons for leaving, and there have been such few coherent arguments that it only shows that there is an underlying, disgraceful, reason for voting leave, or that they've been conned and won't admit it. The reason it has got to this is leavers inability to either admit they were conned or come up with a coherent argument as to wanting to leave the EU.

Why does it matter why people voted? How does the reasoning impact you, or anyone? What does it change? Your post shows complete arrogance and an inability to accept / respect an individuals freedom of vote. Rightly (in their eyes) or wrongly (in yours) leave voters cast their vote. No amount of debate, comment, criticism, social apartheid etc etc will alter how they voted.

No post mortem has ever lead to a resurrection - that won't change.

Why does it matter why people voted? How does the reasoning impact you, or anyone? What does it change? Your post shows complete arrogance and an inability to accept / respect an individuals freedom of vote. Rightly (in their eyes) or wrongly (in yours) leave voters cast their vote. No amount of debate, comment, criticism, social apartheid etc etc will alter how they voted.

No post mortem has ever lead to a resurrection - that won't change.

Because if people voted leave because they are racist I won't have anything to do with them - surely that is fair? Hence, why I want to know why people voted that way.

In a real-life context I rarely if ever ask about how someone voted in the referendum three years ago. I know how some of my close friends voted and I don't give a sh*t because it makes little difference. One of my best mates is a full on corbyn supporter and although I take the mick out of him we are still good friends and will continue to be so. If you let your political decisions dictate who you associate with then you have my pity.

No, we didn't invite them, as previously stated on the thread, because they admitted they voted leave because they were racist/xenophobic.

Couldn't be arsed to wade through the thread. The last page or so was painful enough. Still, the point remains that deliberate social division / exclusion based on vote / position is a very sad position to find ourselves in. As a general point, I agree with your earlier point that many leave voters were duped but won't admit it. It's a mess and I suspect that this thread is a much softer version of the societal division.

Where are the racist quotes from Boris that show he has a lower opinion of people based on their skin colour?

Anyone with an understanding of US history knows the racist baggage associated with the piccaninnies and watermelon smiles jibe - the image of Black people as docile, subservient and unsophisticated, good for picking cotton but not much else. Again you need to read a bit of history.

Edited by shurlock

Because if people voted leave because they are racist I won't have anything to do with them - surely that is fair? Hence, why I want to know why people voted that way.

Immigration has it's benefits and also has it's problems, I think you need to understand the difference between people who have concerns over immigration and people who are genuinely racist

Immigration has it's benefits and also has it's problems, I think you need to understand the difference between people who have concerns over immigration and people who are genuinely racist

I do understand the difference - and as has been said many times we don't need to leave the EU to control unneeded immigration - we can control that.

Why ask them (rhetorical). Their democratic choice is exactly that, nobody has to explain or justify it to you or anyone else.

As hypochondriac says, I don't ask people how or why or they voted, it's got nothing to do with me. However, the subject does come up from time to time but I don't question why people voted a certain way years ago, and did not after the referendum. Simply, their decision has nothing to do with me and doesn't change where we are. More to the point, I wouldn't dream of letting someone else's choices change a friendship.

But this isn't political views - that's the difference.

If I read you correctly it flows from your interpretation of their explanation for their vote. An explanation that they never should have needed to give. How others vote and why has feck all to do with you.

If I read you correctly it flows from your interpretation of their explanation for their vote. An explanation that they never should have needed to give. How others vote and why has feck all to do with you.

I think you don’t understand the essence of politics pal. Politics, by definition, has everything to do with you and me.

But then you are discrimanting people based on the vote they made, giving no thought as to why they want to leave just believing your own misguided view which is just as bad if not worse than being a racist, after all race discrimination is being racist. Least we know who the real racist ppl are, its you. Well done " claps hands "

Why ask them (rhetorical). Their democratic choice is exactly that, nobody has to explain or justify it to you or anyone else.

As hypochondriac says, I don't ask people how or why or they voted, it's got nothing to do with me. However, the subject does come up from time to time but I don't question why people voted a certain way years ago, and did not after the referendum. Simply, their decision has nothing to do with me and doesn't change where we are. More to the point, I wouldn't dream of letting someone else's choices change a friendship.

I don't ask them - I very rarely discuss Brexit with people as its too depressing for day to day conversation. Those that I have disowned, the racists, offered those views rather than being asked. As I've said previously, I believe I know very few Brexiteers, but then I tend to mix with University educated people, so I guess that stacks up.

But then you are discrimanting people based on the vote they made, giving no thought as to why they want to leave just believing your own misguided view which is just as bad if not worse than being a racist, after all race discrimination is being racist. Least we know who the real racist ppl are, its you. Well done " claps hands "

Judging by the poor spelling and grammar I presume im talking to a Brexiteer?

Only kidding mate - however maybe you can explain how me discriminating against racists, is racist?

:lol:

Are Brexiters a race?

How do you think JWP is getting on this season pal?

I think one of the main problems with these threats, is that one of the vocal Brexiteers has admitted to some rather disgraceful feelings on certain groups of people, and that has resulted in many accusations on here. However, I don't believe people like Hypo or Batman are racist - TBH I don't know their views for leaving as they haven't really expressed them often, but I don't think they're racist.

Unfortunately, I think that a select few have spoilt it for the leavers on here.

I think you don’t understand the essence of politics pal. Politics, by definition, has everything to do with you and me.

Politics does impact on us all but I don't think you understand the concept that freedom of choice is exactly that and that once a vote has been cast the reasoning does not alter that the vote that has been cast. By all means debate something before teh event, but there's not one benefit of a post mortem that cannot change what went before.

I think one of the main problems with these threats, is that one of the vocal Brexiteers has admitted to some rather disgraceful feelings on certain groups of people, and that has resulted in many accusations on here. However, I don't believe people like Hypo or Batman are racist - TBH I don't know their views for leaving as they haven't really expressed them often, but I don't think they're racist.

Unfortunately, I think that a select few have spoilt it for the leavers on here.

I have nothing to do with any so called "leavers." What Wes Tender and others post on here shouldn't really be associated with anyone else simply because the voted the same way on one occasion.

If you make racist comments on a number of occasions how are you not racist? I think there's plenty of examples of her not being particularly bright too.

We all know that the likes of lammy and Abbott have a lower opinion of someone if they have white skin which is absolutely a racist attitude to hold.

Race is not a factor for the vast majority of Brits when deciding if they like someone or not but it quite clearly is to them.

It shouldn't be a surprise that 'Mr Blackface' can't recogninse racism.

There you go again with other people's reasoning for voting leave. It has nothing to do with you or anyone else, and regardless of their reasoning it's irrelevant to where we are now because the votes have been cast and the votes counted. Sure, we can all express a view on what may happen in the future, but looking backwards is utterly futile.

Judging by the poor spelling and grammar I presume im talking to a Brexiteer?

Only kidding mate - however maybe you can explain how me discriminating against racists, is racist?

Well some one being racist is described as discrimanting againts some ones skin colour race religion and so on, really are you this thick? Your privaliged life made you this thick?. Discrimanting againts some one cause of how they vote is still discrimanting just cause it is not my skin colour or religion or any thing dont mean its not discrimanting.

Are you asking the staff helping you with your big day how they voted before you hired them? Run your own buisness do you? Employ only remainers? Lol

Well some one being racist is described as discrimanting againts some ones skin colour race religion and so on, really are you this thick? Your privaliged life made you this thick?. Discrimanting againts some one cause of how they vote is still discrimanting just cause it is not my skin colour or religion or any thing dont mean its not discrimanting.

Are you asking the staff helping you with your big day how they voted before you hired them? Run your own buisness do you? Employ only remainers? Lol

But racism is discriminating against people based on their race, so I'll ask again: How is what I am saying racism?

What makes you think I am from a life of priviledge?

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

Politics does impact on us all but I don't think you understand the concept that freedom of choice is exactly that and that once a vote has been cast the reasoning does not alter that the vote that has been cast. By all means debate something before teh event, but there's not one benefit of a post mortem that cannot change what went before.

I don’t follow. There’s nothing wrong with scrutinising peoples views, especially as we live in a narcissistic culture where everyone thinks they’re an expert and seemingly has a view about everything. Either way, it’s the cut and thrust of democratic deliberation. It didn’t simply stop in June 2016, not least because the effects of the referendum will be with us for years. Whether it makes the darndest difference is another matter: you’d hope people were capable of updating their views as new facts and arguments came to light. Like you, I’m sceptical but thats a practical point, not a point of principle.

Edited by shurlock

But racism is discriminating against people based on their race, so I'll ask again: How is what I am saying racism?

What makes you think I am from a life of priveledge?

You are discrimanting againts people by how they vote, can you not see that? Or blinded by you own hate?

There you go again with other people's reasoning for voting leave. It has nothing to do with you or anyone else, and regardless of their reasoning it's irrelevant to where we are now because the votes have been cast and the votes counted. Sure, we can all express a view on what may happen in the future, but looking backwards is utterly futile.

I'm sorry, I don't get what you're getting at. If someone has voted leave because of racist/xenophobic reasoning, then I have every reason to castigate them for that. I personally would not want to spend my time around people like that, and I will try my hardest not to.

Yes, I can see that, but that's not racism.

What makes you think I'm from a life of priviledge?

Racism is just discrimantion on ones belifes or skin colour, my belifes is that we are better off out of the EU, and you are discrimanting against me and follow leavers on this. do you run your own buisness and would you dismiss some one for voteing leave? Yes or no? If no, then shut up about not talking to leavers or allow them at your wedding and blah blah blah. Cause really none give a toss

I would be delighted if you would show me where I was [or pretended] to be offended.

Given it’s something you appear to feel very strongly about (see your posting history), I think it’s an honourable “hill to die on” (to use your words). Get on the blower to eBay and make the world a better place pal.

Given it’s something you appear to feel very strongly about (see your posting history), I think it’s an honourable “hill to die on” (to use your words). Get on the blower to eBay and make the world a better place pal.

Those weren't my words pal ;)

The only thing I have been pointing out is Jeff's unbelievable hypocrisy regarding racism....

Racism is just discrimantion on ones belifes or skin colour, my belifes is that we are better off out of the EU, and you are discrimanting against me and follow leavers on this. do you run your own buisness and would you dismiss some one for voteing leave? Yes or no? If no, then shut up about not talking to leavers or allow them at your wedding and blah blah blah. Cause really none give a toss

Of course I wouldn't?? If they had made racist or xenophobic comments then I would, but no, not just for voting leave. As I said above, the leavers I didn't invite to my wedding were not invited because they are overtly racist/xenophobic.

I'm sorry, I don't get what you're getting at. If someone has voted leave because of racist/xenophobic reasoning, then I have every reason to castigate them for that. I personally would not want to spend my time around people like that, and I will try my hardest not to.

It should not be difficult to inderstand about the fact that why people choose to do something has nothing to do with you? That said, if you discover someone to actually be racist then it's your choice whether you distance yourself from them. On what basis you describe these people as xenophobic / racist I don't know, however.

Nope, didn't think you could.

We're still waiting for you report it to the police. You were informed of this last week, and you're still yet to do it, even though you made such a big deal over how racist it was. Of course, you were proven very wrong on that thread, by pretty much everyone, including mods on here.

I'm assuming if you're not going to report it to the police, you are either racist, a pussy, or you don't actually believe it's a racist act. Your choice buddy.

It should not be difficult to inderstand about the fact that why people choose to do something has nothing to do with you? That said, if you discover someone to actually be racist then it's your choice whether you distance yourself from them. On what basis you describe these people as xenophobic / racist I don't know, however.

It's explained elsewhere. That's the problem when arguing without context.

Of course I wouldn't?? If they had made racist or xenophobic comments then I would, but no, not just for voting leave. As I said above, the leavers I didn't invite to my wedding were not invited because they are overtly racist/xenophobic.

Ok sound then thats fine, i would do the same, no place for people like that in this world, but just cause i voted leave dont make me racist though, i have no hatred or ill thought for any one, i voted leave for my own reasons and none of them have any thing to do with race, religion or belifes or any thing.

Ok sound then thats fine, i would do the same, no place for people like that in this world, but just cause i voted leave dont make me racist though, i have no hatred or ill thought for any one, i voted leave for my own reasons and none of them have any thing to do with race, religion or belifes or any thing.

What are those? I didn’t see anything about JWP on the red bus pal.

Just out of interest, why did you vote to leave?

We're still waiting for you report it to the police. You were informed of this last week, and you're still yet to do it, even though you made such a big deal over how racist it was. Of course, you were proven very wrong on that thread, by pretty much everyone, including mods on here.

I'm assuming if you're not going to report it to the police, you are either racist, a pussy, or you don't actually believe it's a racist act. Your choice buddy.

You still doubling down on this?

Why would I report it to the police? It's not ilegal to sell - it's only when thick racists like you wear the outfits that it takes on racist connotations.

You still doubling down on this?

Why would I report it to the police? It's not ilegal to sell - it's only when thick racists like you wear the outfits that it takes on racist connotations.

Sorry, the costume isn't racist until it gets worn. Is that really what you're saying? So a KKK uniform wouldn't be racist until someone wore it?

Mate, you're out of your depth, again. Just report it to the police or admit you were wrong. You should at least report this, shouldn't you:

0494d7190f83145a5fc03e139b704867.jpg

We'll await your Police Incident Number with baited breath.

Sorry, the costume isn't racist until it gets worn. Is that really what you're saying? So a KKK uniform wouldn't be racist until someone wore it?

Mate, you're out of your depth, again. Just report it to the police or admit you were wrong. You should at least report this, shouldn't you:

0494d7190f83145a5fc03e139b704867.jpg

We'll await your Police Incident Number with baited breath.

A Mr T outfit is obviously worn in tribute as a fancy dress, wheras KK are a political and racist group and so totally different. If Wes decides to wear a fairy outfit does that make him offensive to fairies? Personally I m not into fancy dress but some people find it hilarious. I have seen groups dressed in many outfits be it 1970's disco dancers/groups to Trump, does that offend??

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.