The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

FFS It's not the need for them to have child care it's the need for us as a society that they have child care. This isn't about not inconveniencing people it about allowing essential process to continue for the good of all.

The need for schools as daytime child care is for the parents, many of who provide essential services for us all. I get that completely, however, the issue is whether that should come at the inevitable cost of the children widening the spread. It's a tough balance and we can all only hope that we've got it right.

• 2 months later...

Near the end of the referendum campaign . If Turkey joined the EU , which was extremely unlikely At the time and even more unlikely now !

Please point me in the direction of Gove saying 60 mil Turks will come to the uk if turkey joins the EU. I’d hate to think you just made it up. You must have it to hand, as you knew he said it near the end of the campaign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please point me in the direction of Gove saying 60 mil Turks will come to the uk if turkey joins the EU. I’d hate to think you just made it up. You must have it to hand, as you knew he said it near the end of the campaign. I did from memory but here is one of many links https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/irony-dead-brass-neck-brexiteer-12571551

Boris denied saying it even though CH4 proved him wrong ! Gove tried to distance himself from the claim after the vote !

60 million Turks to settle in uk Gove that is !)

Please point me in the direction of Gove saying 60 mil Turks will come to the uk if turkey joins the EU.

I did from memory but here is one of many links https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/irony-dead-brass-neck-brexiteer-12571551

So asked to prove Gove said 60mil Turks “to settle” (your words) in the uk. You post a link that Gove said IF Turkey join the EU then they’ll have the right to settle in the uk. Completely different things.

Post me a link in which Gove says 60mil Turks will settle in the UK. Or did you just make that up.

So asked to prove Gove said 60mil Turks “to settle” (your words) in the uk. You post a link that Gove said IF Turkey join the EU then they’ll have the right to settle in the uk. Completely different things.

Post me a link in which Gove says 60mil Turks will settle in the UK. Or did you just make that up.

"Irony is dead! 'Brass neck' Brexiteer Michael Gove attacks 'identity politics' - after warning 77million Turkish people would be able to come to Britain" It says in link , you can Google it and read various other reports on the subject . As with all propaganda is it about creating the idea in people's head and this was just before the vote , job done.

Not sure what point you are trying to make but I think most people can get the idea about Gove .

It was a comment about relying on Gove for the truth about Cummings trip up north during lockdown . Duck is being pedantic , Gove did say 77m Turks could come to the UK when Turkey joined the EU which was extremely unlikely and just a scare before the Brexit vote. So that was the point which is correct , Lord D seems to be trying to make the point about it not being an exact quote , this is true but then it wasn't supposed to be , it was a reference to what Gove did say in the past.

Do I have an army of fact checkers to check before I post on here ? No , I use Google like most people usually after the event !

Time to move on ......

Gove said that if Turkey joined the EU, then 77 million Turks would have the right to settle in the UK. You claimed he said that 60mil would do so.

You’re now claiming that although you were wrong, and just made up the quote, it was ok because you were merely proving Gove is a liar.

Can you not see the irony in making something up, to prove someone else is untrustworthy.

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, warsash saint said:

So now Boris backs another dead horse, Jenrick!!

Don't be silly. Don't you know that as Cummings demonstrated it is 1 rule for us and 1 rule for them? Bung a few grand in the direction of the Tories and your garden extension which was refused planning permission could be built.

Jenrick and Richard Desmond are yet another example of how the idea that the Tory and Brexit parties are anti-elite and populist are an absolute joke and a total lie. That’s purely been done to shaft the local community there. Let him stay as with Cummings, it will destroy Boris’s government from the inside as the accumulation of sleaze did to Major’s. As with Major’s government, Labour are finally waking up a bit although long way still off a party I could ever vote for. 

5 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Boris Johnson is accused of LYING after he denies saying 80 million Turks could come to Britain during the 2016 referendum battle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6607071/Boris-Johnson-accused-LYING-Turkey-claims-referendum-battle.html

Did he use the word 'could'?

If so, then the National Lottery should also be accused of lying :classic_wink:

10 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Did he use the word 'could'?

If so, then the National Lottery should also be accused of lying :classic_wink:

Notwithstanding the fact that the article is about 18 months old; his quotes are in it and no, he didn’t say “could”.

37 minutes ago, shurlock said:

Was on absolutely top form in today’s briefing. Who said he struggled with detail?

At least, he said he wouldn’t take a knee - that will keep the hysterical halfwits happy.

He said he doesn't believe in gestures. The same man who last Sunday was on the front page of the Mail on Sunday doing press ups.

9 hours ago, CB Fry said:

He said he doesn't believe in gestures. The same man who last Sunday was on the front page of the Mail on Sunday doing press ups.

I think it's more that he doesn't believe in black people. In his blonde haired, blue eyed world, they are a myth to him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

93BEB89C-C715-4AE9-A86D-A95E3ADC7BE2.jpeg

Except the last day of his isolation would be today and there is nothing in the UK guidelines that say if you've been tested negative you shouldn't. My grandfather tested negative twice but still had COVID-19 on his death certificate because it's only about 70% reliable.

2 hours ago, Hockey_saint said:

Except the last day of his isolation would be today and there is nothing in the UK guidelines that say if you've been tested negative you shouldn't. My grandfather tested negative twice but still had COVID-19 on his death certificate because it's only about 70% reliable.

Who cares?

Chris.

Grayling.

An appointment that tells you everything you need to know about no.10.

I wouldn't trust him to operate kitchen  roll without injuring himself - a truly pointless minister, totally devoid of any skills, with a car-crashesque track record of inept failure that makes the PPE debacle look like a glorious triumph.

And yet we pay him huge money to lead things....

We've gone beyond The Thick of It.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2020 at 19:57, Hockey_saint said:

I thought the whole idea of testing was to allow people to come out of isolation early.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.