The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

Who are the other libdems in the Conservative party? If you only say they were libdems after they leave, it has that kind of "bitter, jilted boyfriend retort" sound. Who do they need to kick out who's still there?

Lord Duckhunter, you've avoided this question three times now. Does that mean that it does come down to this? Or are all of the MPs now proper Tories?

What is it with you lot? Democracy seems to frighten you. If the people give a mandate to Boris, so be it. Equally, if they give one to Corbyn or that daft sweaty Lib Dem , the same. Not wanting an election in case you lose, lol. Modern lefties for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The longer he is left to flounder, the better their chances when the GE comes round. Democracy is moot, FPTP is not democratic. As a raw percentage of total votes cast, what percentage do you think should guarantee a majority in Parliament ?

Second referendum wouldn’t change anything. If Leave won again, who would enact it? This bunch of MPs have proved that they won’t.

Labour will stand on a platform of second referendum, as will Lib Dem’s. If you want a second referendum, the route is via a GE, how else are you going to get it?

They could put a deal to Parliament and get it agreed on subject to a legally binding referendum - then it wouldn't have to go through Parliament again.

This could have been done a year ago, we would already be out if the country still wanted to.

I tend to avoid answering abusive messages.

He has already apologised for not correcting 'auto-correct's error. My tablet computer keeps auto-correcting 'majority' to 'minority', which in the context of this thread is mildly amusing.

People understand it just as much as condescending people like you. They just know that Parliament will not agree any deal that involves leaving. They’ll find any old excuse to vote against, to delay, in the hope that the public mood turns significantly enough to make a re run viable. Once we leave with no deal, we’re out. There’s no turning back, no revoking A50, no delay. The only way back is to rejoin. Remainers have brought this on themselves , they had a perfectly acceptable deal (from a Remain point of view) on the table. A deal that gave them a pathway to any long term relationship anybody desired,except being a member. Which is exactly why they voted it down.

So you'll be happy when, after October 15th, we'll have a re-vote on that deal and it may well get through.

Remainers have brought this on themselves , they had a perfectly acceptable deal (from a Remain point of view) on the table. A deal that gave them a pathway to any long term relationship anybody desired,except being a member. Which is exactly why they voted it down.

So the ERG, etc, who voted down the WA are really Remainers ?

And surely, if the peop!e voting against the WA were truly Remainers, then they were bound to vote down the WA as it confirmed the path to leaving the EU.

So the ERG, etc, who voted down the WA are really Remainers ?

And surely, if the peop!e voting against the WA were truly Remainers, then they were bound to vote down the WA as it confirmed the path to leaving the EU.

What a childish response.

The ERG voted against it because they wanted no deal.

You have said several times that the opposition do not want, or are afraid of calling an election.

He can't admit he's swallowed the official line hook, line and sinker and has boxed himself into a corner, unable to struggle to explain why waiting a month for a GE means the opposition is running scared.

What a bloke in a chicken suit will do to some of the more impressionable on here :lol:

Edited by shurlock

People understand it just as much as condescending people like you. They just know that Parliament will not agree any deal that involves leaving. They’ll find any old excuse to vote against, to delay, in the hope that the public mood turns significantly enough to make a re run viable. Once we leave with no deal, we’re out. There’s no turning back, no revoking A50, no delay. The only way back is to rejoin. Remainers have brought this on themselves , they had a perfectly acceptable deal (from a Remain point of view) on the table. A deal that gave them a pathway to any long term relationship anybody desired,except being a member. Which is exactly why they voted it down.

Calm down . Calm down.

Take 10 minutes out and read that article from Ivan Rogers. It is in the Spectator which even you must agree is hardly a pinko rag.

The point is that if we left the EU on 31 October , there will still be a need to negotiate a trade deal with our largest trade partners in the EU. It is completely false to think that leaving on 31 October would mean that Brexit would be over and done with.

Calm down . Calm down.

Take 10 minutes out and read that article from Ivan Rogers. It is in the Spectator which even you must agree is hardly a pinko rag.

The point is that if we left the EU on 31 October , there will still be a need to negotiate a trade deal with our largest trade partners in the EU. It is completely false to think that leaving on 31 October would mean that Brexit would be over and done with.

Ivan Rogers is an alumnus of my old school (and so is Benny Hill).

Really? Wow.....you remainers are so very clever.

I don’t think there’s one person who thinks we’re going to trade under WTO rules for perpetuity. Not one. It’s not just oh so clever remainers like you that realise we’ll have to negotiate a trade deal. Most of the ERG favour a Canada style arrangement and I’d imagine most of them realise this involves a negotiation and doesn’t happen the day we leave.

I don’t think there’s one person who thinks we’re going to trade under WTO rules for perpetuity. Not one. It’s not just oh so clever remainers like you that realise we’ll have to negotiate a trade deal. Most of the ERG favour a Canada style arrangement and I’d imagine most of them realise this involves a negotiation and doesn’t happen the day we leave.

Is that the Canada deal that took about 7 years to negotiate, and is still far from fully implemented ?

So do you think that Johnson is telling the truth when he announces that he would get Brexit over and done with if we left on October 31st or do you think he is telling lies to appeal to the perceived Brexit weary voters?

So do you think that Johnson is telling the truth when he announces that he would get Brexit over and done with if we left on October 31st or do you think he is telling lies to appeal to the perceived Brexit weary voters?
We're his lips moving? If so, lying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The behaviour in the Commons tonight was appalling.

MPs screeching at each other like troubled children, the PM repeating tired spin soundbites panto-style, and playing with a microphone as if mid-breakdown - the whole charade was a terrible demonstration that the majority of MPs seem to care more about childish games than they do about making any progress.

Shameful.

The behaviour in the Commons tonight was appalling.

MPs screeching at each other like troubled children, the PM repeating tired spin soundbites panto-style, and playing with a microphone as if mid-breakdown - the whole charade was a terrible demonstration that the majority of MPs seem to care more about childish games than they do about making any progress.

Shameful.

Absolutely I think whatever side you are on everyone can agree that that was disgusting. With political trust at an all time low you had hours of licking the speaker's a*se despite everyone who knows him personally thinking he's a horrible person and most of the MPs thinking similar, then you had people holding up signs, singing and a load of carrying on from both sides. Then you get the shameful list of honours from Theresa May before Olly Robbins starts his new job for a big Bank. Our political system is entirely broken and it needs replacing whatever the outcome of brexit.

Absolutely I think whatever side you are on everyone can agree that that was disgusting. With political trust at an all time low you had hours of licking the speaker's a*se despite everyone who knows him personally thinking he's a horrible person and most of the MPs thinking similar, then you had people holding up signs, singing and a load of carrying on from both sides. Then you get the shameful list of honours from Theresa May before Olly Robbins starts his new job for a big Bank. Our political system is entirely broken and it needs replacing whatever the outcome of brexit.

Entirely broken? Bit over the top. They are an odd bunch and bars been open all day but Parliament doing a good job at thwarting a yobbo and his guru thinks he can roughshod over our democratic process.

Awdair awdair.

I agree, rewarding Oily Robbins with a knighthood for his abject failure to negotiate anything better than the EU Surrender Treaty Withdrawal Agreement is risible. No doubt the job with Goldman Sachs is the icing on the cake, win/win for the incompetent oaf and lose/lose for us poor buggers. Nick Ferrari has it bang on the money.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/rewarded-for-screwing-up-nick-ferrari-brutal-take/

The only comfort I can take from this obnoxious rewarding of honours for dubious services rendered to public "servants" is that it is suggested that Bercow will be the only Speaker in our political history not to be given a seat in the Lords.

The only comfort I can take from this obnoxious rewarding of honours for dubious services rendered to public "servants" is that it is suggested that Bercow will be the only Speaker in our political history not to be given a seat in the Lords.

As he considers himself a ground breaking speaker, no doubt he’ll approve of the precedent it’ll set.

The whole Bercow thing shows labour and pinkos hypocrisy perfectly. A proven racist & bully kept in place because of his Brexit stance. As a senior labour figure said “Brexit trumps bad behaviour.”

The last 2 speakers have been absolutely woeful, let’s hope Hoyle gets the role and restores a bit of dignity to this crucial role. The politicisation of the speakers role will cause untold damage to future Parliament’s.

And former right wing Tory.

Bercow held some distasteful views in his youth which he repudiated pretty early on and then spent the rest of his career fighting against. There’s zero hypocrisy because there was nothing for Labour and pinkos to turn a blind eye to. It’s self-evident. Then again LD is self-evidently stupid.

Edited by shurlock

As he considers himself a ground breaking speaker, no doubt he’ll approve of the precedent it’ll set.

The whole Bercow thing shows labour and pinkos hypocrisy perfectly. A proven racist & bully kept in place because of his Brexit stance. As a senior labour figure said “Brexit trumps bad behaviour.”

The last 2 speakers have been absolutely woeful, let’s hope Hoyle gets the role and restores a bit of dignity to this crucial role. The politicisation of the speakers role will cause untold damage to future Parliament’s.

Jeez, you're a right little snowflake aren't you? The perfect epitome of a whinging right winger perfectly happy to dish it out and then moan about hypocrisy when it's not going their way. Boris is a proven liar and Boris is a racist yet you support him as long as he gets your precious little no deal brexit. Islamophobia is rife within the Tory party and you still support that and no doubt you were still perfectly happy with UKIP despite that being very obviously racist. I'm to going to defend any racist behaviour by anyone but lets not pretend hypocrisy is exclusive to "pinkos".

As would you if they support Brexit

Griffin does support Brexit but you don’t find me supporting him. More importantly Brexit supporting MP’s won’t be cheering him, claiming Brexit trumps bad behaviour. Bercow has had very serious allegations of bullying and sexism swept under the carpet purely because he is useful for the extremists in their attempt to bypass democracy. If you’re happy with that it tells us a lot about your moral compass.

Jeez, you're a right little snowflake aren't you? The perfect epitome of a whinging right winger perfectly happy to dish it out and then moan about hypocrisy when it's not going their way. Boris is a proven liar and Boris is a racist yet you support him as long as he gets your precious little no deal brexit. Islamophobia is rife within the Tory party and you still support that and no doubt you were still perfectly happy with UKIP despite that being very obviously racist. I'm to going to defend any racist behaviour by anyone but lets not pretend hypocrisy is exclusive to "pinkos".

Boris isn’t a racist and islamaphobia isn’t rampant in the Tory party.

I’ll spell it out for you. There is a huge difference between not believing something and believing it to be true but turning a blind eye. Had I claimed “yes, Boris is racist but his Brexit position trumps that”. I would be guilty of the rank hypocrisy pinkos have indulged in. Margret Beckett & Emily Thornberry both accepted that Bercow had bullied and displayed sexist behaviour but turned a blind eye. Thornberry said “now is not the time to remove him” and Beckett said “Brexit trumps bad behaviour “.

Boris isn’t a racist and islamaphobia isn’t rampant in the Tory party.

I’ll spell it out for you. There is a huge difference between not believing something and believing it to be true but turning a blind eye. Had I claimed “yes, Boris is racist but his Brexit position trumps that”. I would be guilty of the rank hypocrisy pinkos have indulged in. Margret Beckett & Emily Thornberry both accepted that Bercow had bullied and displayed sexist behaviour but turned a blind eye. Thornberry said “now is not the time to remove him” and Beckett said “Brexit trumps bad behaviour “.

Well, this seems to suggest that Boris and a large part of the tory party is islamophobic: https://www.businessinsider.com/poll-muslim-islamophobia-among-conservative-party-members-boris-johnson-leadership-2019-6?r=US&IR=T

Now that probably isn't the case - a lot of this type of stuff takes things out of context or deliberately poses things in a way that proves what it wants to (in this case Islamophobia) but you seem perfectly willing to believe the stuff against the people you disagree with and to try and use that as a stick to beat them with. Least have the guts to admit that (although it seems pretty self evident). Finally I'm sure you'll join me in condemning the great lady herself for being close personal friends with General Pinochet? I mean, you wouldn't idolise someone who called a dictator and terrorist a true friend would you?

Well, this seems to suggest that Boris and a large part of the tory party is islamophobic: https://www.businessinsider.com/poll-muslim-islamophobia-among-conservative-party-members-boris-johnson-leadership-2019-6?r=US&IR=T

Now that probably isn't the case - a lot of this type of stuff takes things out of context or deliberately poses things in a way that proves what it wants to (in this case Islamophobia) but you seem perfectly willing to believe the stuff against the people you disagree with and to try and use that as a stick to beat them with. Least have the guts to admit that (although it seems pretty self evident). Finally I'm sure you'll join me in condemning the great lady herself for being close personal friends with General Pinochet? I mean, you wouldn't idolise someone who called a dictator and terrorist a true friend would you?

Tbf the definition that the likes of Labour want to use for so called "islamaphobia" is absurd. Anti-Muslim prejudice is an infinitely better term. Like you said though its quite possible that quotes were taken out of context. It's a real problem accross the political spectrum that people take the least charitable interpretation of a quote possible.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.