The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

And you two accuse me of bias and whataboutery!

It's a very simple question - do you think Boris Johnson is fit to be PM?

Yes or No?

I don't think he is, I don't think any of them are but that's not how politics works. I'd rather someone else was pm but he's more fit to be pm than Corbyn by far which is all that matters. Edited by hypochondriac

Jeez man up. You’re a right wing slightly bigoted Tory who consistently slams everything coming from non tories. Everybody who reads your posts knows that. I don’t know get why you persist in trying to cultivate some kind of tolerant open to persuasion persona.

I'd say you nailed him perfectly there...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I'd say you nailed him perfectly there...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Well I'm not a tory, I'm not bigoted and I'm not right wing so you're wrong. I know some people like labels because it makes things easier but life is more complicated than that. Edited by hypochondriac

Well I'm not a tory, I'm not bigoted and I'm not right wing so you're wrong. I know some people like labels because it makes things easier but life is more complicated than that.

Says a man who previously admitted that he chose an avatar featuring a known alt-right symbol because it winds up lefties.

Says a man who previously admitted that he chose an avatar featuring a known alt-right symbol because it winds up lefties.
Nope I did it to annoy certain reactionaries on here who see evil racism in everything and it worked perfectly. I've previously explained in detail why the idea that it's an "alt-right symbol" is ridiculous. Feel free to go and find the post if you're interested.

There's a word for that you know.
All it did was bring further exposure to the hard of thinking who clutch at pearls because someone uses a cartoon picture of a frog on a sports forum. The fact that people like you keep bringing it up says more about you than it does me.

Anyway shall we return to the topic of the general election?

Edited by hypochondriac

So Stanley Johnson thinks that we shouldn't be allowed to publicly discuss the fact that his son is a proven liar, and in the same clip shows his utter contempt for and sense of superiority over the British Public.

https://twitter.com/VictoriaLIVE/status/1200360662674763776

The apple has fallen very close to the tree.

Just need to look at these threads and all the suckers for a posh accent. Their deference and docility is outstanding. No wonder some think they can take liberties and treat them with contempt.

Edited by shurlock

The same person posted that Jewish people have certain physical similarities. It could almost be Boris Johnson, Tommy Robinson or Katie Hopkins posting.

The same person posted that Jewish people have certain physical similarities. It could almost be Boris Johnson, Tommy Robinson or Katie Hopkins posting.

Not like you to mention those two.

Are you saying you don’t recognise Jewish features?

You can acknowledge the difference look of say a Pakistani and a Scandinavian without being racist. Or would you not like to hazard a guess?

You can acknowledge the difference look of say a Pakistani and a Scandinavian without being racist. Or would you not like to hazard a guess?

My wife is a quarter arabic. Everyone on the fathers side of her family apart from her has a distinctive nose shape that they call an Arab nose. Loads of Arab people have it. Of course its not racist to notice that. Edited by hypochondriac

We had a class on religious differences back in the late 60’s where the teacher told us that Jews “had big noses.” He was being deadly serious. Remember we are talking about a religion here, not a race. If I was in a room of people I would have no idea what their individual religions were, would you? I assume a certain poster here would by the size of their nose.

By the way, my nose is probably bigger than average but guess what, I am not Jewish.

My wife is a quarter arabic. Everyone on the fathers side of her family apart from her has a distinctive nose shape that they call an Arab nose. Loads of Arab people have it. Of course its not racist to notice that.

Let’s just to say it has a very particular historical and cultural baggage in the context of Judaism and it’s not pleasant. Jews certainly don’t welcome the reference and yes many see it as antisemitic.

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2014/11/14/invention-jewish-nose/

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/278768/the-myth-of-the-jewish-nose

Edited by shurlock

Let’s just to say it has a very particular historical and cultural baggage in the context of Judaism and it’s not pleasant. Jews certainly don’t welcome the reference and yes many see it as antisemitic.

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2014/11/14/invention-jewish-nose/

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/278768/the-myth-of-the-jewish-nose

So are you saying that populations with similar genetics aren't more likely to have similar facial or body characteristics? I'm not talking specifically about Jewish noses which may well be an antisemitic stereotype but surely that's undeniable?

There is a Welsh and a French looking face. Clearly not everyone who may look would necessarily be from is those countries but will see more people looking like that in those countries. Can’t fathom why people seem to want to attribute some sort of bigotry to being observant.

Would saying Barbara Streisand looks Jewish be not acceptable?

There is a Welsh and a French looking face. Clearly not everyone who may look would necessarily be from is those countries but will see more people looking like that in those countries. Can’t fathom why people seem to want to attribute some sort of bigotry to being observant.

Would saying Barbara Streisand looks Jewish be not acceptable?

Because how can you look like a religion? As has already been stated, there is a “look” that has been used to denigrate Jewish people for centuries. You get that surely? I have been to France several times in the last couple of years and cannot tell a French person from any other European, but that is just a race thing anyway. Perhaps you can explain wha a Protestant or a Catholic or a Buddhist looks like?

Because how can you look like a religion? As has already been stated, there is a “look” that has been used to denigrate Jewish people for centuries. You get that surely? I have been to France several times in the last couple of years and cannot tell a French person from any other European, but that is just a race thing anyway. Perhaps you can explain wha a Protestant or a Catholic or a Buddhist looks like?
Jewish identity is also commonly defined through ethnicity. Opinion polls have suggested that the majority of Jews see being Jewish as predominantly a matter of ancestry and culture, rather than religion.[1][2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_is_a_Jew%3F

And yet there is no mention of noses?
If being Jewish is more to do with ancestry and culture than religion as many Jewish people believe, is it possible that many Jewish people will have more genetics in common with each other and thus share similar traits?

Not sure what this nonsense has to do with Boris BTW bur you seem intent on taking the conversation off on a tangent.

Tbh it is not worthwhile discussing. I could have predicted your trite comeback. You have the ability to consistently miss any point.

Buddhist wear orange gowns. Does that help?

You’d be laughed at in a New York Jewish household saying you have no idea of any common facial features.

Tbh it is not worthwhile discussing. I could have predicted your trite comeback. You have the ability to consistently miss any point.

You’d be laughed at in a New York Jewish household saying you have no idea of any common facial features.

What about the black Jews from Africa?

Looks like you’re right. I was thinking of converting, but may struggle in the nose department.

I looked up how to convert.

“Converting to Judaism

Converting to Judaism is not easy. It involves many lifestyle changes and about a year of studying.

Becoming a Jew is not just a religious change: the convert not only accepts the Jewish faith, but becomes a member of the Jewish People and embraces Jewish culture and history.

Conversion and Jewish law

Conversion to Judaism is a process governed by Jewish religious law. Conversions are overseen by a religious court, which must be convinced that the convert:

is sincere

is converting for the right reasons

is converting of their own free will

has a thorough knowledge of Jewish faith and practices

will live an observant Jewish life

There are also two ritual requirements:

a male convert must undergo circumcision

You must have a big nose”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take off their orange gowns and what do they look like? How many other religions do you know where some people identify them by physical features? If someone of the Jewish persuasion and aren’t wearing orthodox clothing and don’t have hooked noses, how do you identify them? What on earth would you find to say about them if they all had pretty little turned up noses?

I think most people with a brain can see he just has issues with Israel and that naturally makes him the enemy of many Jews.
No need to rehash the arguments again. People have and will continue to make up their own minds based on incisive interviews like the Andrew Neil one and testimony from ex Labour Jews etc.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.