Burnley vs Saints - Build Up

Yorkshire Saint

Going to be tough at a wet and windy Turf Moor. Away fans having to wear last seasons replica kit will upset some middle aged grown men. Saints will take the lead and play decent football but probably concede a soft headed goal after 85 minutes

Approaching midnight here in South Western Quebec (I live across the river from Ottawa in la belle province). Had a couple of beers after my match tonight (we lost 4-1, bah). Really looking forward to the season and seeing what Saints have in store for us. Would love a comfortable 2-0 win but thinking a 2-2 draw will be what we get. Hopefully it’s us scoring at the death rather than them.

Do we really need to play 3 at the back v Burnley or will this be our first proper attempt at a 4-2-2-2 ?
Yes and no.

But three at the back lets Valery and Bertrand get forward more and we can play with 1.5 DMs - Hojbjerg and JWP, so it's not completely defensive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Have put a fiver in non-equal quantities on Adams and Valery to score at any time. I definitely think today’s game has draw written all over it, which is not a bad result to kick off the season with. That said IF we can win, it takes the pressure off the big fixtures we have coming...