Burnley vs Saints - Build Up

Yorkshire Saint

My assumption is it is to do with Stephens ability to bring the ball out.

Just hope Stephens can maintain his concentration.

Playing against the most direct side in the league with Jack being appalling in the air......

lets hope he has improved

its not a case of hate, it’s that he is blatantly not good enough

Exactly. ***ts think they are better fans because they get behind the players on a forum.

He is rubbish but no way would do anything but encourage when he is playing

Yes and that's because despite not watching the players train every day you and others know how to pick the team better than Ralf :mcinnes:

We do watch them in matches every week, which is what counts, and Stephens is worse than Yoshida, at least IMO.

Still, I'm just pleased Long isn't in the squad

We do watch them in matches every week, which is what counts, and Stephens is worse than Yoshida, at least IMO.

Out of interest, how many matches have you been to in pre-season?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Or how many training sessions.

FWIW I'm mildly surprised, but unlike with Hughes or Pellegrino I have more confidence in RH's choices.

Wouldn't mind seeing our tall defenders eventually getting a goal from a dead ball situation; they've been decidedly lacking the last few years.

Oh its a case of hate with many posters on here, believe me. Your opinion which you're welcome to is that he's not good enough, Ralph's opinion is that he is. Whose opinion holds most weight here?

Neither, the proof will be in the results.

Out of interest, how many matches have you been to in pre-season?

None but they are friendlies.

I'm basing my opinion on 2.5 years of competitive games, not 65 minute friendlies against random European games.

Neither, the proof will be in the results.

None but they are friendlies.

I'm basing my opinion on 2.5 years of competitive games, not 65 minute friendlies against random European games.

And having seen what Ralph's coaching has done for JWP, Bednarek, Redmond, and how he identified Valery's potential, you still don't trust his judgement?

It's a new season. Give him a chance.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm sure Ralph also knows that Yohida is the better player, but sometimes he will base decisions on more than just training/matches. Yoshi could be fatigued, poorly, not as fit as others yet, slight knock, etc. Of course Ralph knows better than us lot :)

And having seen what Ralph's coaching has done for JWP, Bednarek, Redmond, and how he identified Valery's potential, you still don't trust his judgement?

It's a new season. Give him a chance.

I'm more than happy to, just sharing my view. :)

Anyway, over to the match thread chaps.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?61156-Burnley-vs-Saints-Match-Thread#.XU7NX-hKiUk