Josh Sims - Loaned to NYRB: Official

spyinthesky

Off topic but do you ever go watch Columbus Crew or FC Cinci?

No. I didn't watch tha sexy world cup either. ;)

In all honesty, I pretty much only watch Saints. Time is a constraint.

Edit: come to think on it, there are times when Saints are so desperately bad that I give up watching for the footy and am only watching for civic pride! :D

Edited by Ohio Saint

Good move but I'm intrigued by what happens after the MLS season ends in November (or October if they don't make the play offs). The loan is until 31 December.

He'll come back to Saints, I'm not sure on the eligibility rules for reserve/youth games but wouldn't be surprised if he can play in them given you can field trialists etc

Bit of an update on this one:

Sim's place has basically been taken by Boufal in the squad (and Djenepo doesn't help).

Whilst RH likes Boufal, the club and him are of the understanding that he'll be allowed to go if a decent bid comes in for him from the continent before the window.

Should Boufal leave on 31st August, we do have a recall option on Sims (for a price) or can let him see out his deal at NYRB and he'll be back late October anyway.

If Boufal stays, he'll probably be re-loaned in January to an English club.

If he went on loan in the UK he would have had to have stayed until 31.12.19.

Seems sort of sensible.

Sim's place has basically been taken by Boufal in the squad (and Djenepo doesn't help).

Whilst RH likes Boufal, the club and him are of the understanding that he'll be allowed to go if a decent bid comes in for him from the continent before the window.

Should Boufal leave on 31st August, we do have a recall option on Sims (for a price) or can let him see out his deal at NYRB and he'll be back late October anyway.

Seems sort of sensible.

Thanks for the info. Interesting situation, but as you say, it's kind of sensible.

Seems sort of sensible.

That won't go down well with New York Red Bull fans if it happened

Seems sort of sensible.

Makes sense and given that he's been given a years extension, I think it looks like he is still rated by Hasenhuttl.

• 2 weeks later...
Could be wrong but think I saw Sims in lyndhurst earlier. Checked NYRB last couple of games and he hasn’t even been on the bench. Seems strange as only a brief loan and not playing, let alone possibly/probably still being in Soton.

Didn’t get permit until Friday

Visa. Need one to get in to country

If he is British he doesn’t need one to get into the US as a visitor you just need an ESTA - but going to work there he needs a work Visa which I believe requires an interview - Having dealt with product going into the US they are very protective of the home market, I would imagine they are the same with outsiders applying to work in the US over a citizen regardless of employer sponsorship. I have a friend who needed to renew his US work visa and had to go to Canada and sit around for a week whilst waiting for his renewal to be processed.

If he is British he doesn’t need one to get into the US as a visitor you just need an ESTA - but going to work there he needs a work Visa which I believe requires an interview - Having dealt with product going into the US they are very protective of the home market, I would imagine they are the same with outsiders applying to work in the US over a citizen regardless of employer sponsorship. I have a friend who needed to renew his US work visa and had to go to Canada and sit around for a week whilst waiting for his renewal to be processed.

They go over there.... taking their jobs....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Has he even scored a professional goal yet? Probably not likely to be our saviour.

An nor should he be. Young players breaking through should be introduced to a team that is on the up, not a team that are in decline. In the ideal world anyway.

Now he's back from his loan can he play for us?

Is he back from his loan? No one seems to know. His season has finished in MLS, but his loan was until December, which sort of leaves him in limbo. He's registered in the PL squad so that's not an obstacle. No way I'm suggesting he is the answer to our prayers but would be interesting to know for sure if he is an option now.

Didn't someone say he had come back with an injury? Keep Djenepo company in the treatment room?

Get well soon, Josh, we will need you. At least he runs forward with the ball, and not many of our squad do that!

He went off injured in his final game. Don't think anyone has said he came back with an injury. Don't think anyone has confirmed he is back or what the hell has happened to him. Usual lack of information from the present day club.