IMPORTANT! - New Beer Partner

Saint Garrett

Kingfisher!

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-07-26/southampton-football-club-kingfisher-new-partner-video

As Official Beer Partner, Kingfisher will now provide the matchday beer at St Mary’s Stadium for supporters, while it will also be launching a special Southampton FC signature ale, which will be available on draught at all home games.

Cobra and Kingfisher started off as good beers , when they became successful they were bought out and changed to Gnats **** along with Stella and Singha .Singha used to be a tasty 6% beer that was a good tasting beer . It is now a standard 5% lager . Nearly all the craft beers have now been taken over and are not the same.

As well as all lagers being reduced in strength to max 4.8% , presumably to save duty tax !! Still it could be worse Boris could be running the country with billionaires the priority , who needs regulations when you could have CJD !! (Mad Cow disease).

Very exciting news that for JUST £195 + VAT SFC Customers can buy exclusive membership for the season to the Gasworks pub entitling the member not just to a preorder service for half time refreshments in this fantastic environment but a FREE matchday programme to skim through whilst enjoying your £22 burger. Top draw stuff from the marketing and catering team once again.

Wonder if they'll improve the concourse shambles so people might actually be able to buy some and drink it.
As someone who used to work in catering it's honestly the most frustrating thing in the world watching them slowly shuffle about, some of the most inefficient service I've ever seen. Quicker you serve, the more you serve, the more you earn.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

As someone who used to work in catering it's honestly the most frustrating thing in the world watching them slowly shuffle about, some of the most inefficient service I've ever seen. Quicker you serve, the more you serve, the more you earn.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I can't recall ever being served by the same person more than once, often by someone just tossed a Halo Polo shirt and and looking like someone out of the Amish community being plonked in front of an electronic device for the very first time.

But I guess getting cheap labour in for only a guaranteed 19 days a year is going to create this situation...........this is a situation that ain't going away.

Happy with Kingfisher though.

Swap out Carlsberg for Heineken. The stuff brewed in the UK is just ****, may be brewed to the same recipe as in Bangalore but its still not the same stuff. Every foreign beer made popular here gets changed when they brew it in the UK. Its never the same and is just ****. Why don't we actually promote beer/ale rather than lager. As someone else mentioned, Ringwood Brewery would be an excellent choice.

Swap out Carlsberg for Heineken. The stuff brewed in the UK is just ****, may be brewed to the same recipe as in Bangalore but its still not the same stuff. Every foreign beer made popular here gets changed when they brew it in the UK. Its never the same and is just ****. Why don't we actually promote beer/ale rather than lager. As someone else mentioned, Ringwood Brewery would be an excellent choice.

They should have ale along side fizzy pop for the teenagers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should sell Unity or Vibrant Forest craft ale. Excellent breweries and local.

Tap It brewery is just around the corner too the South Coast is now packed with great real ale and craft beers yet we get that dross.

Mind you they would never be able to pour it.

Tap It brewery is just around the corner too the South Coast is now packed with great real ale and craft beers yet we get that dross.

Mind you they would never be able to pour it.

Tap It is okay but nowhere near the quality of Vibrant and Unity! If you haven’t tried those, you’re missing out. Unity are now a 10 min walk from the Stadium with a new tap room!

Tap It is okay but nowhere near the quality of Vibrant and Unity! If you haven’t tried those, you’re missing out. Unity are now a 10 min walk from the Stadium with a new tap room!

Agreed and why they never make it to any festivals. Unity made a beer called Belgrave recently and it was the best thing I have ever tasted. Vibrant have just moved to Dibden P.

What road is Unity tap in as been to Portswood one

Love Conflux

Edited by Give it to Ron

Decent beer Kingfisher, shame it's impossible to get served at half time to get hold of one though. At least Kingsland/Northam corner it's not even worth trying, not sure about other areas.

Itchen corner is a painful experience

I think about the only time I've had a pint was when Ralph bought me one.. I probably have enough before and possibly after the game in local pubs to worry too much. Mind you if they had a few barrels of ale on stillage I might try a pint, but anything else makes me burp too much and I don't like the taste. They could have division of labour, one pouring as quickly as possible and another taking the money and handing the drink over. Vouchers would also help.

I think about the only time I've had a pint was when Ralph bought me one.. I probably have enough before and possibly after the game in local pubs to worry too much. Mind you if they had a few barrels of ale on stillage I might try a pint, but anything else makes me burp too much and I don't like the taste. They could have division of labour, one pouring as quickly as possible and another taking the money and handing the drink over. Vouchers would also help.

It’s probably best for everyone you avoid the bars inside the ground then. The last thing anyone needs is a permenantly outaged drunken, upper middle aged woman persistently beltching during the game ruining everyone’s match day experience.

Why do we have to have a 'Foreign Beer?' Why can't we have Heineken or Budweiser??

Wouldn't mind the Czech version of the latter. But US Budweiser is crap and drinkers of it around here seem to be unable to get their bottles in the bottle bank. They get to the place and then leave the cases next to the bins.

Ah, I see Turkish has posted immediately after me: a bet with myself that it will be offensive. View post, and I was right. I won't bother the mods but he really is an nasty bullying *osser who plays the player not the ball.

Wouldn't mind the Czech version of the latter. But US Budweiser is crap and drinkers of it around here seem to be unable to get their bottles in the bottle bank. They get to the place and then leave the cases next to the bins.

Ah, I see Turkish has posted immediately after me: a bet with myself that it will be offensive. View post, and I was right. I won't bother the mods but he really is an nasty bullying *osser who plays the player not the ball.

LOL. Don't flatter yourself, if "Immediately after" is 3 posts later and over 16 hours, then yes that is immediately after!!!

As for offensive and bullying, how? You admitted yourself you drink a fair bit before games, you yourself said anything other than ale makes you burp and you are upper end of middle aged. I've just said no one wants a drunken women next to them beltching all match, find me someone who does! Get over yourself sweetheart, it seems all you've done with your oh so self righteous response is proven that you are indeed permanently angry:lol:

Very exciting news that for JUST £195 + VAT SFC Customers can buy exclusive membership for the season to the Gasworks pub entitling the member not just to a preorder service for half time refreshments in this fantastic environment but a FREE matchday programme to skim through whilst enjoying your £22 burger. Top draw stuff from the marketing and catering team once again.

My family used to meet regularly at the club under Kingsland and it was a terrific community social meeting place before and after the game. Great fun.

We haven't been since it became so expensive to join.

But the King Alfred became a good substitute to meet family and other fans, when they opened up for match days. Great fun. Now that's gone.

What's happened to your affordable community sprit SFC?

I saw the title and thought you were looking for someone to drink with on matchdays.

Can’t be my worse than the warm p*ss they’ve been serving the last few years.

The Title should read 'Of little interest - New Lager Partner'