Saturday 3pm - Spain kicks up a fuss - TV versus the fans ?

manina-pub

I don't mind Monday and Friday tv games but the broadcasters need to start using their heads a bit and stop choosing games with teams 200 miles apart. No match going fans would be arsed as much if a game was moved to a Monday night if it was Villa v Wolves for instance. Instead they are putting Newcastle v a midland or southern team on which makes it nearly impossible for some fans to make it.

It may not matter for people like you who don’t attend games. But it can make a big difference for the rest of us.

Three o’clock Saturday games when the whole world used to close down for the weekend we’re ideal. These days there will be people who cannot make Saturdays, but can do Friday, Sunday or Monday.

Whilst I do occasionally lament the dancing to the tune of a Liverpool biased Sky TV schedule, and how much of the additional revenue has passed straight to players and agents, the improvements in the quality of play (by attracting better players and coaches) and in stadia more than offset that imho.

Presume everyone moaning does not subscribe to the pay channels?
I don't. Live games are far better than watching it on the telly anyway. If I can't be at the game I'll listen to it on the old radio while doing something else and watch the highlights on the O/S or MoTD. If there is footie on terrestrial telly I might watch but it lacks something for me when it isn't saints playing as I'm just not invested in the result.

3pm on a Saturday afternoon is the perfect time for a football game imo allows you you to make a day of it. I do like an evening game under the floodlights but getting home from work, getting ready, then fighting through rush hour traffic and trying to get some tea in before the match is a load of stress I can do without especially on a monday.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

So they change it to a Saturday and Sunday

The broadcaster walks away as he wants Monday night and Friday night football.

However

There will be another broadcaster that will have those weekend fixtures anyway.

Back to the weekend football gets my vote.

Put bloody X factor and the voice on Monday and Friday instead.

Presume everyone moaning does not subscribe to the pay channels?

I don't. I'm not too bothered about the football because I'm only interested in Southampton matches. But it pains me that virtually every sport is unavailable now. Would have liked to watched some F1 races this year, maybe some of the cricket world cup...

But so far at least, I'm not prepared to give in to the "if you can't beat them, joing them" mentality. I'm actually not someone who goes to all the games (used to at the Dell, and still try and get to a handful every year), but I still think that if changes are to the detriment of those going to the games, they are the wrong changes. Unfortunately it feels like virtually every decision now is made for the benefit of the 'global audience' and therefore the TV companies, which very often is not consistent with those sat in the stands.

It can be stopped if the fans ALL stick together, but the problem is that they won't. In Germany Sky introduced Monday night games in the 1. Bundesliga. Games were held up because thousands of tennis balls were thrown onto the pitch, others had problems because loads of fans blew whistles, and at one the crowd remained silent so the atmosphere on the TV was dreadful. After 12 weeks Sky gave up. A great effort by their fans, but I don't believe it would happen here.

It can be stopped if the fans ALL stick together, but the problem is that they won't. In Germany Sky introduced Monday night games in the 1. Bundesliga. Games were held up because thousands of tennis balls were thrown onto the pitch, others had problems because loads of fans blew whistles, and at one the crowd remained silent so the atmosphere on the TV was dreadful. After 12 weeks Sky gave up. A great effort by their fans, but I don't believe it would happen here.

In this country throwing a tennis ball on the pitch or blowing a whistle would probably get you a five year banning order. Being silent might work but people would probably have trouble telling the difference between protest silence and a normal PL match...

In this country throwing a tennis ball on the pitch or blowing a whistle would probably get you a five year banning order. Being silent might work but people would probably have trouble telling the difference between protest silence and a normal PL match...

The tennis ball thing has been done over here a few times without banning orders, Charlton did it a few times the season before last.

Personally whilst I like the idea of everyone playing at the same time as the table gets updated in one hit, I haven't got a real problem with games at different times and I like sitting down and watching a match without any real connection to it. I bet the small clubs in Spain are ****ed of at putting their income in jeopardy.

• 3 weeks later...
Quite impressive this fan power - I’m watching Friday night la Liga game Athletic Bilbao and Barca but guess I must be watching a replay of when this game was not played on a Friday.

LOL.

Was it a good game? Always good to see Barca and Real lose, although with the latter, its a bit too frequent.