Fan Zone

Cabbage_Face

Utter trash. Why a load of containers and benches took several months to get planning, is a mystery.

Hopefully they will put Ted Bates MK 1 statue on the podium, it would fit in with the crap “fan zone”.

10dfa684e135bb75af321602db257eab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assumed you'd already know what it looked like, with your ITK status?

My opinion though - it's better than the current Fan Zone.

A professional sports company turning over hundreds of millions of pounds comes up with this :lol:

Christ I hope it’s not legit.

Oh yeh, Christ... I hope some benches and places to buy drink are not legit. F*ck can you imagine the horror? Benches! Canopies to stop the rain! We'll be the LAUGHING STOCK OF THE PREM ARRRGHHHH

You have to wonder why certain people "claim" to support Saints, when they clearly have nothing good to get from the club. No likely, move on veggie et al

How dare we question anything the club does.....let’s just follow like sheep.

Jesus. Mess.

Temporary structure, easily removed when the big redevelopment takes place :p

Easily removed when it doesn’t cover its costs.

In all seriousness, what were people expecting? It was obviously going to be a few containers and some benches. If you dared to dream it might have had a video screen showing the early kick off.

I really don’t see what the issue is - looking at the image it hasn’t cost a Kings ransom to put together - everything is easily removed if it falls on its face - as someone who doesn’t need to always go to the pub and sink 30 pints before kick off, an hour before the game there are a lot of folks milling about outside the stadium just taking in the day. More recently outside the Chapel there have been activities aimed mainly at youngsters that have seen plenty of kids queuing to have a go.

I was surprised at the number of people who turned up at that Saynts Day thing.

The club could easily be looking to see what the take up is over the season before making the decision to go bigger and better. Right now pre match you can either go to a pub en route to the stadium, some of which aren’t family friendly or suitable, or enter the stadium buy a pie and a pint then have nowhere to put it when trying to consume one or the other. You can’t take your beer to your seat in the stand.

But there’s no need to slag it to the degree to which it’s being slagged so far on this thread, especially if you ain’t experienced it yet!

Back in the 80’s an opportunity presented itself to get tickets for Michael Jackson’s Bad tour at Wembley, I had zero interest in going, but the then pre Mrs JBS liked Wacko so I bought them (£17.50each!!) she hadn’t been to a concert before. At the end of the evening as we walked out even the very little interested me still to this day says it’s one of the best concerts I have been to.

So before everyone’s goes “that’s crap” get to the ground on time to be able to get in - then post your negative review on SaintsWebAdvisor

Utter trash. Why a load of containers and benches took several months to get planning, is a mystery.

Hopefully they will put Ted Bates MK 1 statue on the podium, it would fit in with the crap “fan zone”.

You do realise that the vast majority of planning applications - big and small - are 13 weeks, don’t you? Nothing to do with the club. A concrete extension in your cabbage patch would take just as long.

Here's a couple of explanations to mull over;

1. What did you expect from a cheapskate football club that does everything on the cheap?

2. Permission to go ahead with a fan zone has just been granted by the local authority for planning consent in outline and from the police for local impact (people live nearby) and crowd control. As the season was about to start so the club felt it important to have the project up and running for the first home game, so the sort of temporary furniture depicted in the artwork is all that was possible to meet the timescale.

Meanwhile an application for detailed planning permission of a more permanent structure(s) including meeting building regs has been submitted but will take several months for argument, agreement and finalisation. If all that is successful, construction work will follow and the likelihood is that the definitive fan zone will be ready for the 2020-21 season. This season's temporary arrangements will serve as a pilot to provide data on access and usage and feedback to authorities on any problems or concerns that arise.

It's a good initiative for the club providing somewhere else for fans to meet before the game. What on earth is there to complain about here? You spoilt ****.

Jeez, what were some of you expecting? The Taj Mahal? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically through the cement works?

I thought Steve Bull had stopped going? I haven't seen him in years.

Jeez, what were some of you expecting? The Taj Mahal? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically through the cement works?

I was expecting something more than some dumped containers, red Guantanamo Bay fencing and pub benches. Club shouldn't have built it up and just called it "Container Zone"

What is its purpose? Is it to encourage people to go there before and after a game? If so then I can't imagine it will be that popular with all the pubs nearby.

It's to protect the people who want a pint pre/post game from some of the more oddball members of our support who will no doubt congregate around the "Fan Zone" and sing at a man in a fancy dress dog costume.

And for that reason alone i think it's a fantastic idea.

It's to protect the people who want a pint pre/post game from some of the more oddball members of our support who will no doubt congregate around the "Fan Zone" and sing at a man in a fancy dress dog costume.

And for that reason alone i think it's a fantastic idea.

Good point. Considering your comment I also support this exclusion zone for weirdos.

It looks fine, what's wrong with it? Its a place to hang out before kick-off, better than nothing. It reminds me of the street feast food markets in London and they are fun if the weather is good.

It looks like a draft map for a first person shooter.

Edited by shurlock

I was expecting something more than some dumped containers, red Guantanamo Bay fencing and pub benches. Club shouldn't have built it up and just called it "Container Zone"

Ahh you are actually properly upset about this. Did you smash your keyboard up when you saw the image, are you now refusing to open your mouth as your mum tries to feed you. Mess or is that your other ones catchphrase.

Ahh you are actually properly upset about this. Did you smash your keyboard up when you saw the image, are you now refusing to open your mouth as your mum tries to feed you. Mess or is that your other ones catchphrase.

Thanks for your kind words. If you don't have any mature input, please post elsewhere.

Out of curiosity, what is you drinking establishment of choice before a home game?

Out of curiosity, what is you drinking establishment of choice before a home game?

Tap It, i was going to try the "fan zone" as the club hyped it up to be a "experience of Continental fan zones, akin to Germany".

But having seen that it's some containers that fell off the last container ship, stolen Benches from Hungry Horse and a "Stage", I'm out.

Tap It, i was going to try the "fan zone" as the club hyped it up to be a "experience of Continental fan zones, akin to Germany".

But having seen that it's some containers that fell off the last container ship, stolen Benches from Hungry Horse and a "Stage", I'm out.

A great reason to be there then!

So run down warehouses that sell beer are ok but containers that sell beer are not ok. Ok cool got it.