Fan Zone

Cabbage_Face

Looks like the kinda pop-up bars we have here in Summer, basically just a place to get a pint isnt it?

No. It’s an affront to every right thinking, non-replica-shirt wearing, non-match going, real-ale drinking fan. It’s emblematic of the way football has changed.

I want my football at 3 o’clock on a ****ing Saturday afternoon. In a dilapidated stadium. I want to stand on an uncovered, over-crowded terrace in the ****ing rain. I want to get soaked through when I go for a **** in open air urinals in said rain. I want my football to be played by a group of so called professionals who were down the pub, or the bookies, until 15 minutes before kick off, and whose idea of a subtle pass is to hoof it 50 yards in to space for a lumbering centre forward to run on to. But most of all, by Christ, I want tackles. Whatever happened to tackling and getting stuck-in?

Perhaps Fratton is an option.

Edited by Faz

No. It’s an affront to every right thinking, non-replica-shirt wearing, non-match going, real-ale drinking fan. It’s emblematic of the way football has changed.

I want my football at 3 o’clock on a ****ing Saturday afternoon. In a dilapidated stadium. I want to stand on an uncovered, over-crowded terrace in the ****ing rain. I want to get soaked through when I go for a **** in open air urinals in said rain. I want my football to be played by a group of so called professionals who were down the pub, or the bookies, until 15 minutes before kick off, and whose idea of a subtle pass is to hoof it 50 yards in to space for a lumbering centre forward to run on to. But most of all, by Christ, I want tackles. Whatever happened to tackling and getting stuck-in?

Calm down poppet. It's more the fact we build up this "fan zone" for months, it's going to be epic, fans will flock and in reality, it's some containers and a red fence.

The design team deserves a medal.

I don't see anything wrong with it. On the few occasions I've arrived at the ground more than 5 mins before kick off there have been plenty of people milling around , getting a burger etc. I guarantee there'll be plenty of people will be happy to use this before going into the ground . I'm just not one of them !

You forgot the mandatory Welly boots and rolled up newspaper.....

I can't believe that this thread has generated so many posts.

Some people are very bored and have nothing else to moan about.

Clearly it’s important to people what the club is spunking it’s cash on, when it has zero money to spend on players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly it’s important to people what the club is spunking it’s cash on, when it has zero money to spend on players.

Players cost many millions of pounds and are important for the club's future.

Fan zones cost a few thousand and are not as important.

Try harder to find something to moan about ... and do it about something more important.

Players cost many millions of pounds and are important for the club's future.

Fan zones cost a few thousand and are not as important.

Try harder to find something to moan about ... and do it about something more important.

This is important, or I wouldn’t moan about it. I bet the feasibility study into chucking some containers on the car park cost thousands on its own.

Just not important to you. I bet you rubber neck. Strange.

This is important, or I wouldn’t moan about it. I bet the feasibility study into chucking some containers on the car park cost thousands on its own.

Just not important to you. I bet you rubber neck. Strange.

Calm down dear. You are clearly getting worked up about the fan zone.

Perhaps you should lie down and take s break from this forum. It is clearly getting to you.

Calm down dear. You are clearly getting worked up about the fan zone.

Perhaps you should lie down and take s break from this forum. It is clearly getting to you.

It’s rubbish. Utterly rubbish.

Like your attempts at bullying me via Direct Messages.