Transfer Predictions

John D

So with 9 days till the transfer window closes what do you predict Saints will do? I reckon

INS - One CB I have never heard of

OUTS - Lemina (Perm); Austin (Loan on DD to Championship team); Reed (Loan); Hesketh (Released on free to join league one team).

OUTS after English window shuts - Carillio (perm)

Would love to see us shift Forster and one of Stephens / Hoedt but can't see it happening

In: None

Out: Lemina (foreign loan), Carrillo (foreign loan), Elyounoussi (foreign loan), Austin (domestic loan)

Overall window: 5/10. Good start but ultimately another poor one.

You miserable sod. (but I agree with you :D)

I don't think Mo will go anywhere though. I assume we'll see a few fringe youth players depart on loan too. (Barnes / Hesketh etc)

In - CB (please)

Out - no one (blood sucking leaches)

Steady on, both sides agreed and signed contracts.

They sure did - doesn’t change my opinion tho

Why should they give up the contract if they fulfil their side of the contract and turn up to work each day they are supposed to?

My opinion is they are not 'blood sucking leeches'. Why do you think they are? It takes two to sign a contract, not their fault Saints handed out some daft deals.

I didn’t make any mention of daft deals either. My point stands as in my opinion if they want to play football but are not going to get any here then they are sucking the blood out of this club. Your opinion is that they are entitled to as both parties signed up to a contract. Yours is based on fact mine on an irrational love of my club and a love of football. Happy now?

As I said a few weeks back, unless we shift Carillo, Lemina, Austin, Forster – and maybe a couple of others, we won't and can't bring anyone else in. And that's on perms as well, not loans. We need the money.

I think we want a CB, but the re-integration of Hoedt suggests that maybe we're looking at a likely scenario where we stay with what we have. Not ideal and not what I expected, but we've been lumbered with lots of seriously overpaid and unwanted players which is going to massively hinder us. Once we get them off the books, it will be like a leash removed from around us.

You also need to factor in that some substantial $$ will also need to be put aside for any contract re-negotiations for the likes of PEH, Redmond etc. So, we need to be careful. It's clear we have an owner who isn't going to put his hand in his pocket at any point, so we can simply only acquire players on the basis of what we generate ourselves.

in - 1 no mark on loan

out - carrillo, Austin, Forster/McCarthy all on loan. lemina sold last day and too late to replace properly

Waiting for the club to push out positive spin around hoedt.

best manager we have had for years and likely to have and over two windows, this is the best we can support him - cheers les

Edited by Batman

Miserable bunch!

Ins - Two

Out - Six

Teams become desperate both ways and that’s why I reckon the prices teams want will drop.

‘Miserable’ doesn’t come into it; it’s been known for ages that we needed to reduce the wage bill this summer and we’ve made little dent into that, if at all.

It will be last resort deals to get some of these wages off the books temporarily. I can’t see 8 transfers in as many days, when we’ve had five in 2.5 months.

Wouldn’t be sure about prices dropping either; at least they didn’t when Les was paying everything Liverpool wanted for Ings.

In: A CB, Jarrod Bowen. (2)

Outs: Carillo, Austin, Hesketh, Lemina. (4)

I think Cedric, Hoedt, Boufal, Reed and both back keepers will all stay and be a part of the squad, although if we do bring in a centre back I think Hoedt may be loaned out again. Both keepers we will be unable to offload so they’ll still be here. I think Cedric, Reed and Boufal would make good back up choices for their first team counterparts.

What we don’t want to be doing is weakening the squad after our window is closed by selling or loaning players to Europe.

In: A CB, Jarrod Bowen. (2)

Outs: Carillo, Austin, Hesketh, Lemina. (4)

I think Cedric, Hoedt, Boufal, Reed and both back keepers will all stay and be a part of the squad, although if we do bring in a centre back I think Hoedt may be loaned out again. Both keepers we will be unable to offload so they’ll still be here. I think Cedric, Reed and Boufal would make good back up choices for their first team counterparts.

What we don’t want to be doing is weakening the squad after our window is closed by selling or loaning players to Europe.

Why would we sign Bowen if we also keep Boufal and Elyounoussi plus have added Adams and Djenepo.

(Aside from where the money comes from)

Answer: we wouldn't.

Have another go.

Right now we are hampered by the over paid players that are not playing. Personally I think that any not going to be in our 25 man squad should be told to train with the under 23's. I for one think that the mistakes made over last few years will hamper us for another year or two at least.

Ralph arriving has been great for morale and as I see it, even if we stay as we are this window, we are in a much better shape than before he became our manager. Although I would like to see us bring in a strong mobile cb, and dm, I feel more confident regarding our future.

I can see McCarthy going to Villa or Sheffield United - they are looking for a keeper aren't they??
Not anymore, Sheffield United have got Henderson back on loan and villa look to have picked up Tom Heaton

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk