Chelsea and Leicester home games moved for TV

marc_saint

...and not much thought for Leicester supporters. The game finishes at say 9:50 (or God knows how much later with VAR) so they will not get to the train station to get the last train that leaves at 10pm getting to Leicester at 2.15am

Friday are the worst for travelling fans or fans who live outside Southampton. I was planning on coming down for this one to see the family back home etc but now unless I take kids out of school and a half day holiday myself then no chance

At least weekend games that are moved do not require time off work

Why?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that a friday evening, after people have finished work, potentially with no trains home after, might be awful. Mind you if you realised football wasn't a computer game you'd understand it you oddball.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that a friday evening, after people have finished work, potentially with no trains home after, might be awful. Mind you if you realised football wasn't a computer game you'd understand it you oddball.

All that also applies to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday night football. So no midweek games under the floodlights!

And another reason I am against Friday games, above those mentioned above.....

Monday - PL

Tuesday - CL

Wednesday - CL

Thursday - EL

Friday - PL

Saturday - PL

Sunday - PL

Gave a break from PL clubs playing, and was also the day that Championship clubs had for TV games, helping to spread the money a bit.

All that also applies to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday night football. So no midweek games under the floodlights!

The odd Wed league game, say 1 or 2 a season is good, the rest are ****. You can throw late KOs on Saturday into that, and Sunday as well. Wed for Europe is OK.

You might ask why, and the answer would be that it's my opinion. You can think differently if you want.

But at least in the Premier League that is usually only 2 or 3 times a season. Midweek games I can live with but it is a ****ing pain in the arse when they get moved to a Friday as well. I'm already taking half day for Bournemouth and Norwich at home. Can't afford the holiday to do it a 3rd time.

Try joining the real world

Yes it does, that's why traditionally they've been kept to a minimum and normally on a single night of the week (weds in the top division, tues in the lower divisions), i honestly wonder sometimes if you even go to games, you're so unbelievably clueless about anything that impacts on normal fans.

But at least in the Premier League that is usually only 2 or 3 times a season. Midweek games I can live with but it is a ****ing pain in the arse when they get moved to a Friday as well. I'm already taking half day for Bournemouth and Norwich at home. Can't afford the holiday to do it a 3rd time.

Try joining the real world

The "real world" that applies to your specific circumstances. There are lots of people this will make no difference to or will even be better for.

Friday games are great, extends the weekend a bit, good chance for a booze up and more time on Saturday / Sunday to spend with the family. Win win in my eyes.

Never really understood why you need to be boozed up to enjoy the football. Not least as if I did, I'd spend half the game going from the top of the stands to have a slash, and I really can't be arsed to go up and down those steps more than I need to.

Friday are the worst for travelling fans or fans who live outside Southampton. I was planning on coming down for this one to see the family back home etc but now unless I take kids out of school and a half day holiday myself then no chance

At least weekend games that are moved do not require time off work

It is during half-term.

Never really understood why you need to be boozed up to enjoy the football. Not least as if I did, I'd spend half the game going from the top of the stands to have a slash, and I really can't be arsed to go up and down those steps more than I need to.

Don't "need" to be boozed up before a match, but like many my group makes a day of around half of the home games each season. Much better than getting excited about your favourite parking space and leaving 5 minutes early "to beat the traffic".

If I am going to St Mary's or any other stadium, then any time on the Saturday I am happy with (but 3pm is still best of course). Sunday is fine too, but generally speaking all weekday games means I have to make compromises- have to take a half day at work, get no opportunity to go pub/restaurant before hand and it is all a rush (even though games under the lights are sometimes special)

but honestly I love coming home from work and watching Monday Night Football so I'm in favour of keeping it (just preferably when it isn't us playing).

For me Friday night is the worst time for a game.

Besides the usual transport issues Friday evening is a time to unwind and have a drink after a week's work (or study for the students on here), not to go to a football match. Also when there's a game on a Saturday there's some anticipation\excitement on the Friday for the following day. Friday games kill that for the rest of the w\e.

Besides, it's just plain weird to play football on a Friday, there's no tradition whatsoever. Every Friday night game I've ever been to had a strange atmosphere.

Saturday > Sunday (4pm) > Midweek > Monday > Sunday (lunchtime) > Friday for me.

Only 6% of people work 9 to 5 in the UK...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45253060

That may be true as I work a minimum of 7.30am until 5.00 and living 160 miles away it is a pain in the arse for me.

I expect a couple of midweek games a season but when they move weekend ones it does affect my ability to go, sorry if that's not the norm but it is a fact.

TBH I’m pretty miffed with any game date/time that doesn’t fit in with my personal calendar. I’m even more miffed when not particularly close family members get married without consulting the Saints fixture list first - it’s in the public domain ffs.

According to info released from Match Group earlier this year (Tinder's parent company) Friday is by far the busiest day for its platform in the UK and most meet-ups take place on a Friday evening.

So no wonder people aren't happy to be missing out on their fun time.

Edited by niceandfriendly

A great comfort to any Saints supporters who don’t live in Southampton and every Leicester supporter travelling.

Exactly. I live and run my own practice in London so most days are 8am to 7pm. weekday matches are bad enough and Friday's just that bit worse with people leaving for the weekend.

Just to be clear we are going to get the same old posts every time Sky/BT release their tv schedule of games?

Don’t buy a season ticket if you can only do 3pm on a Saturday.

Fck all wrong with Friday night and what is it, like two games at most?

Tough if you haven’t got a job flexible enough to let you get to it but don’t forever whinge like tv schedules is something hard to fathom and ever going to change unless we get relegated.

Just to be clear we are going to get the same old posts every time Sky/BT release their tv schedule of games?

Don’t buy a season ticket if you can only do 3pm on a Saturday.

Fck all wrong with Friday night and what is it, like two games at most?

Tough if you haven’t got a job flexible enough to let you get to it but don’t forever whinge like tv schedules is something hard to fathom and ever going to change unless we get relegated.

This. People know damn well that there's a possibility of any game being moved for TV. This isn't a new phenomenon, it's been happening for nearly thirty years.

I'm sure there are people who work every Saturday who this is probably a blessing for. Might not be the majority nor are they thinking of those people when moving the games but as you said, don't buy a season ticket if you can only do Saturday 3pm.

Suits me nicely in Brisbane. 5am Saturday morning is much easier than midnight or 1am at my age. Stopping up that late in Queensland is almost beyond impossible where the standard day starts around 4:30am and most of the restaurants are kicking you out the door by 8pm. Trying to stay awake through those midnight games under Puel and Pellegrino was like Waterboarding.

Suits me nicely in Brisbane. 5am Saturday morning is much easier than midnight or 1am at my age. Stopping up that late in Queensland is almost beyond impossible where the standard day starts around 4:30am and most of the restaurants are kicking you out the door by 8pm. Trying to stay awake through those midnight games under Puel and Pellegrino was like Waterboarding.

At least you were somewhere sub-tropical and warm. You ought to have tried staying awake if you were actually at the game.