Venezuelan Football and Culture

BARCELONASAINT

ELEVEN NEW INTERVIEWEES CONFIRMED FOR RED WINE AND AREPAS

Posted by Jordan Florit

August 5, 2019

Creator

https://www.kickstarter.com/…/red-wine-and-arepas-book-on-v…

I am delighted to announced that on Saturday night I was able to confirm a further eleven interviewees!

At 10pm on Saturday, I sent a few messages with every intention of then shutting the laptop and watching some TV. At 0130, I finally did so after three hours of arranging to meet a number of Venezuelan football professionals in person when I go to Venezuela in October, and more through video calls.

Here's the first reveal of our new interviewees:

Accompanying Executive President of the Venezuelan Football League Ruben Villavicencio is the President of the league George Antar!

Carlos Javier Lopez - played for Estudiantes de Merida, Deportivo Italia, Anzoategui, Zamora, Tachira, and Mineros. He spent six years playing in Venezuela and was a champion with three different teams. He now lives and plays in Argentina.

Jesus 'La Pulga' Gomez - currently plays for Estudiantes de Merida and has been capped by Venezuela

Ricardo Andreutti - currently plays for Caracas FC. Started his professional career in Italy, before moving to Uruguay. He has played in FUTVE since 2008.

Ricardo David Paez - another former Venezuelan international, who has over 60 caps for his country and scored at the Copa America in 2007 in which they reached the quarterfinals for the first time. His father was also the international team's manager from 2000-2007.

Jose Luis 'Gato' Tancredi - a Uruguayan midfielder who played for Venezuelan side Deportivo Tachira, as well as in Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia and Chile, meaning he has played in six of the ten South American leagues.

Jorge Silva - President of top-flight side Deportivo Tachira. Tachira have won the top division of Venezuelan football eight times, have appeared in 21 Copa Libertadores, two Copa Sudamericanas, and 3 Copa CONMEBOLs. In 2004, they reached the quarterfinals of the Libertadores.

Juan Garcia - President of the Asociacion Unice de Fotbolistas Profesionales de Venezuela (AUFPV)

Alfredo Coronis - DIRECTV Sports Venezuela football journalist and radio host

Ignacio Benedetti - Journalist for 'The Tactical Room,' podcast host, and radio host

Humberto Kiko Perozo - Venezuelan historian of football and the country

safe_image.php?d=AQDl3-aEGDpgCppj&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fksr-ugc.imgix.net%2Fassets%2F025%2F831%2F318%2F2f2655d7e9fae5dd7446d10ec6160d1d_original.png%3Fixlib%3Drb-2.1.0%26crop%3Dfaces%26w%3D1552%26h%3D873%26fit%3Dcrop%26v%3D1563321234%26auto%3Dformat%26frame%3D1%26q%3D92%26s%3D32db46a17dcfcfc44c6c2cbc1feae329&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQB5PSIoNHB1acvC

About this website

KICKSTARTER.COM

Red Wine and Arepas - Book on Venezuelan Football & Society

A book on Venezuelan football, featuring exclusive interviews from those in the game, exploring culture, society, and politics.

Please support my son Jordan's exciting new project as he aims to write a book on Venezuelan football and culture.

Some of you have read his articles before as he freelances for several football sites.

Jordan was a ballboy previously and recently wrote about his experiences and the time under Cortese.

He writes with humour and flair and is very different from most football writing journalists.

Please visit his kickstarter page and help a fellow Saint get his book off the ground.