The "Deadline Day" Thread

Saint Garrett

Well if it is being announced tonight it is another commercial and communication failure following on from the shirts fiasco and the sponsorship deal as assuming it gets announced all the press and everyone else will be asleep

A commercial and communication failure? :lol:

Relax pal.

Danso to #SaintsFC is done!

I understand the delay is due to Augsburg wanting final confirmation from German FA before they are happy to announce but all the paperwork is complete so no doubts at St Mary’s that Danso will be a Saints player. Expect official announcement tomo

So now we've got to wait until the morning? This club! :mcinnes: Will that be the latest unveiling after a deadline day ever?

How will I sleep? I need beer. Thankfully only 10 more minutes of work left...

Technically, they still haven't announced that Safri is leaving.

So now we've got to wait until the morning? This club! :mcinnes: Will that be the latest unveiling after a deadline day ever?

How will I sleep? I need beer. Thankfully only 10 more minutes of work left...

Adam Leitch's tweet confirms the delay is on the Augsburg side.

But hey, you keep bashing our club for it if it makes you feel better.

Adam Leitch's tweet confirms the delay is on the Augsburg side.

But hey, you keep bashing our club for it if it makes you feel better.

:rolleyes: It was a lighthearted jest as per my previous posts. (Except the ones about Harrison Reed leaving, I'm really surprised we're now left with one recognised defensive midfielder in Romeu in the squad! Well 2 if you count Danso but still, I thought this could have been Reed's breakthrough season.)

According to the Telegraph it’s done and is a “loan with an option to buy”. Been here before haven’t we?

Been mentioned as a loan with an exclusive option to buy, though not sure how that can be upheld should another club come in next summer. Strange one, though not as strange as Mooy signing a new 3 year contract with Huddersfield and then being immediately loaned to Brighton as he wants to play PL football. Bizarre

He's got a twitter account to spout bull**** as well ? :mcinnes:

Yep. His latest tweet is the squaker one (the fake) announcing the signing. The 'look at me' idiot tweeted it well after it was known to be a fake.