The "Deadline Day" Thread

Saint Garrett

No, it means we get £40m+ if he wants to leave next summer, instead of about £15m.
That isn't good news for me. It maybe god news if you have a financial gain by this. Contracts mean SFA and so him signing one does protect the asset for the club but it doesn't mean he wont go in January or next summer. Sorry if I cant get too excited by players signing long contracts but its the cynic in me.

That isn't good news for me. It maybe god news if you have a financial gain by this. Contracts mean SFA and so him signing one does protect the asset for the club but it doesn't mean he wont go in January or next summer. Sorry if I cant get too excited by players signing long contracts but its the cynic in me.

As fans we do. It's like saying we might as well have let Lallana go free because we don't get any money. If we'd done that we wouldn't have been able to buy Mane and Tadic. It only means SFA if you pretend there is no connection between finances and whats on the pitch. Under Poortvleit our bank balance was quite apparent on match days.

I actually think it seems more likely that if we sign anyone today it would be a CM rather than a CB on the basis that Lemina seems nailed on to leave over next couple of weeks, and also rumours of Reed going out on loan?

That would surely leave a space for a signing of some sort at CM even if only a loan.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I think some of you are now aware of the mess Les Reed caused and was causing.

Probably now realize why I was so desperate to get him out of our club.

Clubs hands are now tied and we need to clean up the Les mess for another few transfer windows.

Horrible but our reality

I think some of you are now aware of the mess Les Reed caused and was causing.

Probably now realize why I was so desperate to get him out of our club.

Clubs hands are now tied and we need to clean up the Les mess for another few transfer windows.

Horrible but our reality

Fingers crossed we can survive it.

Yes. Ledley King was injured loads for spurs but was excellent when he played. Wanyama on loan would definitely improve us in dm even if he can't play every game.

Happy to pay what will be big wages for a bit part player...

He has had his day here, if was still as capable as he was before, Poch would be keeping him..

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

He has had his day here, if was still as capable as he was before Poch would be keeping him..

If spurs want rid they may agree to a pay as you play deal or to subsidise his wages the same way we will be doing for some of our players. As I said it's not going to happen anyway but I certainly won't be writing him off entirely. He'd be an improvement in dm on what we have imo.

He has had his day here, if was still as capable as he was before, Poch would be keeping him..

The fact that he can't get in Spurs team doesn't necessarily mean he isn't significantly better than the limited options we have in that position currently. I get why we aren't normally keen on loans, but in our current situation, a couple of loans of experienced players in key positions until we can afford perm signings could make a big difference to us in my opinion.

The fact that he can't get in Spurs team doesn't necessarily mean he isn't significantly better than the limited options we have in that position currently. I get why we aren't normally keen on loans, but in our current situation, a couple of loans of experienced players in key positions until we can afford perm signings could make a big difference to us in my opinion.

yep agreed- finishing just 2 positions higher for example would net an extra £4m to £5m.

Gunn's mistake against Huddersfield cost us £2m last year

Strange to think some believe players (MS & VW- injury prone too) who were good for us and left for bigger things because of it now want them back

despite the quality they had with us is no longer there...……. odd

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Fantastic news about Redmond, and well deserved.

Protects the value of an asset that must now be worth about £50m in todays market.

I would be very suprised if Reed went out on loan. Without him and Lemina, our midfield numbers look very light, Hojbjerg, Romeu and JWP (who has never really suited that position) plus Smallbone and Slattery.

Getting Austin out on a perm would be good, as presumably not paying any of his wages then.

Just seen the Notweigan Journo whose articles were quoted here yesterday saying Mboro have made an offer for Moi (presume loan).

By the end of the Aug window our wage bill will be quite reduced.

Makes more sense - be leaving us far too exposed in that area if it was our Reed.

If we get rid of Harrison Reed, one of two of the true defensive midfielders in the squad, we might as well resort to long ball if Romeu gets suspended or injured. It’d be madness. Central midfield is weak enough as it is without losing another one, especially with Lemina on his way. We will concede goals galore.

I really can’t see any incomings now with under 4 hours to go.