The "Deadline Day" Thread

Saint Garrett

6 deal sheets submitted to get the deadline extended to 7pm.

- David Luiz to Arsenal

- Lo Celso to Spurs

- Drinkwater to Burnley

- Iwobi to Everton

- Praet to Leicester

- Sess to Spurs

Not sure if they were all deal sheets or just haven't been announced yet. Definitely heard someone saying that there was a photo of Sessegnon in a Spurs shirt about 2pm so that might not be a deal sheet.

So no new signings other than that ,that we did before we realised we need to do an Arsenal and sign a center back....no shocker just a very average squad to choose from again...........cheers Les

spending way above and beyond the means of the squad Ralph inherited........nice one ****

Because we didn't sell Austin until late.

If Austin (not a huge fee/savings in wages all things considered) was a precondition to getting a deal done, it just shows what constraints we’re working under.

Edited by shurlock

Why have we left it so late?

Well obviously they’ve been sat around playing scrabble, not realising that today was deadline day such is their ineptitude. Then they suddenly panicked and whatsapped a load of agents asking them for a centre back. Then they just picked one at random because none of them really know what they are doing. We all know how easy it is to do because we’ve all played FIFA, so I’m guessing they would have held down the X button when it came to the dialogue to speed things up.

Ooooor

They have been working flat out to get the deal for Austin, and others done, knowing that only then, they will be able to commit to buying/loaning the player that they had already agreed terms with.

None of us truly know the inner workings of transfers, and how many moving pets there are, so all this blister about the club leaving it late, or being completely inept just shows how little some people understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/england-scouts-urged-to-check-augsburg-whizkid-kevin-danso-4172028

England scouts urged to check Augsburg whizkid Kevin Danso

The 18 year-old midfielder made his Bundesliga debut for the 1-1 draw with RB Leipzig last weekend.

An Austria youth international, Danso learned his football in England - in the same system as Tottenham star Dele Alli.

He told BILD: "I was born in Austria, but grew up in England.

"When I was six years old my parents moved to Milton Keynes. It's about an hour from London.

"I started playing football in England. I played at the MK Dons from the U9 onwards.

"At the age of 16 I went to Augsburg alone and went to the football school. It was the right decision that I went to Augsburg . Here I was promoted. "

Key stats

A physical specimen who stands at 6’3”, Danso has rare pace to go with his frame, hitting a top speed of 21 miles per hour in the Bundesliga this season. Born in Austria to Ghanaian parents, Danso was a striker in Reading’s youth academy; a midfielder in MK Dons’; and now turns out at the heart of Augsburg’s defence. He’s retained an eye for goal – finding equalisers against Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund this term – but it’s at the back where he now does his best work. Batshuayi had enjoyed a hand in a goal every 67 minutes at BVB prior to running into Danso on Matchday 24. Danso won 70 percent of his challenges against the big Belgian at the Signal Iduna Park. Oh, that goal against Leverkusen also made him the club’s youngest scorer at 19 years and 46 days of age.

Nice!