The "Deadline Day" Thread

Saint Garrett

If true then I wonder if we may get the CB and Vokovic? I think DM is a more glaring weakness at the moment. Could Stephens play DM?

No, he’s useless at his own position so why would he be a good DM?

Now Spurs have got there deal over the line I reckon we are getting the young Walker guy in.

Nothing exciting with that.

That'd be weird. I really like what I've seen of him, I'm surprised they want to let him go but it's not exactly a position we're desperate for cover in. Unless Cedric is going to leave because we can still sell to foreign clubs after today right?

Manji any clues as to who it might be or have you got to keep your cards close to your chest? :)

I wish. It’s been hinted to me that it’s a CB that Ralph’s had his eye on for a while. I will tell you one thing Ralph and Ross would rather fail in a transfer unless everything is perfect . Ralph came here with the knowledge that’s how we operate.

I wish. It’s been hinted to me that it’s a CB that Ralph’s had his eye on for a while. I will tell you one thing Ralph and Ross would rather fail in a transfer unless everything is perfect . Ralph came here with the knowledge that’s how we operate.

Ok thanks for the update mate, very much appreciated. I wonder if it's a CB fron Leipzig?

I think the only advantage of Kyle Walker-Peters is that he can cover the left-back position as well, if Hassenhuttl's unsure of Vokins, but yeah, would much rather have someone new in the middle of midfield or defence.
asenhuttl

Cedric covers left back as well. He even played vs Koln at left back as he has also done in the past for us.

uh-oh. doesn't sound hopeful

If only the last few years backed that lofty sentiment up.

asenhuttl

Cedric covers left back as well. He even played vs Koln at left back as he has also done in the past for us.

Yes, I know. But, there's still no guarantee Cedric will be here in September if we're looking to lower the wage bill and Walker-Peters' wages would likely be a lot lower than Cedric's.

I will tell you one thing Ralph and Ross would rather fail in a transfer unless everything is perfect . Ralph came here with the knowledge that’s how we operate.

If only the last few years backed that lofty sentiment up.

That doesn't really work... as Hasenhuttl only joined in December 2018 and Wilson promoted this summer. So the opportunity for them to work as a pair overseeing transfers does not go back years.

This has very likely been posted but interesting...

@adamleitchsport:

First bit of business done for #SaintsFC as Charlie Austin moves to West Brom for £4m

Another player to go out on loan is close

Still working on an incoming with increased confidence players will go after PL window shuts, but no certainty deal will get done

#DeadlineDay

That doesn't really work... as Hasenhuttl only joined in December 2018 and Wilson promoted this summer. So the opportunity for them to work as a pair overseeing transfers does not go back years.

Wilsons track record is pretty diabolical though. He'd have had genuine input in Carrillo, Hoedt, Lemina. Yes, so did Reed, but Wilson would have worked on the assumption that these were good deals as well.

If he pulls something off now, yes, he goes up in my estimations. But based on prior history, he won't and he will continue to steal a living.

No, that rumour was going around for several weeks. I remember laughing when Liverpool wanted £20m for a cripple and thinking they must be mad, nobody is that stupid and desperate.

Cheers Les.

I also remember laughing when Monaco wanted £19m for a donkey and thinking they must be mad, nobody is that stupid and desperate.

Wilsons track record is pretty diabolical though. He'd have had genuine input in Carrillo, Hoedt, Lemina. Yes, so did Reed, but Wilson would have worked on the assumption that these were good deals as well.

If he pulls something off now, yes, he goes up in my estimations. But based on prior history, he won't and he will continue to steal a living.

Lemina wasn't necessarily a bad signing.

Lots of talent, just a complete kn0b

Trouble is that there will be a fair bit of 'hiding' behind Reed's legacy for a year or so before we can make a judgement on the current regime. I'm with you that Wilson must share some of the responsibility for the poor identifying of targets and getting deals done, but in his defence he'd be working under Reed's guidance .

Read it again you tit. The statement holds independent of the two working together. Ralph came to the club “with knowledge of how we operate” (to paraphrase). That obviously and necessarily predated his arrival and is a reference to how the club has supposedly approached and conducted its transfers.

Now f**k off and go back to playing your little computer game.

Edited by shurlock

Lemina wasn't necessarily a bad signing.

Lots of talent, just a complete kn0b

wasn't the "black box" meant to identify these traits meaning we didn't end up with the kn0bheads ?

Clearly overruled by Cortese to bring in Osvaldo, but I think many suggested Lemina was a bit of a loose cannon at the time (ie from his media presence , and the clip of him punching an opponent in the nuts).

Trouble is that there will be a fair bit of 'hiding' behind Reed's legacy for a year or so before we can make a judgement on the current regime. I'm with you that Wilson must share some of the responsibility for the poor identifying of targets and getting deals done, but in his defence he'd be working under Reed's guidance .

The problem with Reed is that he didn't listen to anyone I have been told several times Wilson questioned some of the signings and was basically ignored

to the extent had Reed not gone Wilson was going to leave

wasn't the "black box" meant to identify these traits meaning we didn't end up with the kn0bheads ?

Clearly overruled by Cortese to bring in Osvaldo, but I think many suggested Lemina was a bit of a loose cannon at the time (ie from his media presence , and the clip of him punching an opponent in the nuts).

to think of the flak i got when i said it was clear he wanted to go..