Heisenberg

Are we human, or are we Danso

This signings vital, his eyes are cold,

While you’re on your knees looking for the answer

You’ve been hit by, Kevin Danso

I thank you.

This! Everyone knows the killers & it's a good tune to sing to

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Hello from Austria (sorry for my weak English).

I am really delighted because of this transfer! Danso is a top young player, stable, effective, physical, teamplayer. Has a great future. Will stabilize the defense of Southampton by sure. Is improving each season. Also good in initiating own attacks.

Thanks. Your English is better than most on here.

Why does everyone think he's quick?

The article on the previous page says he was.

People need to remember the guy is 20 and has like barely 20 games at senior level, he going to be a bit raw I reckon, we've bought him to mould him into a top centre-back but it won't happen immediately.

Augsburg I've just noticed are pretty much us of Germany, they go promoted into the Bundesliga in 2011, managed to hit the heady heights of 5th in 15-16 but have since dropped down the league and finished 15th last season. They also play in front of about 30k

So I suppose it would be like buying a young player from a club about our size who had just had his breakthrough season, basically like buying Valery.

Are we Kevin

Or are we Danso

This signings vital

He's f**king hard

And he haaaaaaates Pompey

And this guy's the answer

Are we Kevin

Or are we Danso

Basically some variation of the Killers sond has to be the song otherwise we have massively failed as a fanbase.

Are we human, or are we Danso

This signings vital, his eyes are cold,

While you’re on your knees looking for the answer

You’ve been hit by, Kevin Danso

I thank you.

He’s super human, it’s Kevin Danso

Your signs at vital, your feeling cold

and your on your knees looking for the answer

you’ve just been hit by Kevin Danso

There was a report that he hit 21 kph. Or was it mph. Fast, anyway.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It was 21MPH, which, according to this article, would put him up there with the fastest players in the league:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/524322/premier-leagues-fastest-players-quickest-pace-speed-acceleration/amp/

Hopefully the new regime haven't made the same mistake as Reed did with Alderweireld.

Nothing they could have done about Alderwiereld. He didn't want to join us, bottom line.

Spurs went around us and offered him a better deal on the sly - the legality of that is what had us impotently wringing our hands. But ultimately you can't sign anyone if the player won't agree to it, regardless of what arrangements you think you've got in place with their club.

That was true then and it'll be true with Danso. If he does well for us and another clubs gets in his ear, unless we have a contractual agreement with the player himself, history will most likely repeat itself.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Interesting to see FC Augsburg seem to always play 2 at the back with Danso playing in Vestergaards position.

So we may eventually see us finally moving to the 2 CBs

Valery Bendarek Danso Betrand

Have Veest/Yoshida and Hodet for injuries or formation changes.

You'd think the partnerships would be Danso and Vestergaard (quick but raw paired with experienced but slow) or Bednarek and Yoshida (slow but steady youngster paired with mobile and experienced).

During Danso's last 8-9 games at Augsburg they conceded 8, 4, 4, 4, 3, 5, 3 in games.

That's tough for any defender, so hopefully joining fort knox FC will help him :)

Is there any reason why you have missed off this list the 2 clean sheets or the 2 matches when only 1 goal was conceded??

It is not like you to be negative about Saints players is it.

You'd think the partnerships would be Danso and Vestergaard (quick but raw paired with experienced but slow) or Bednarek and Yoshida (slow but steady youngster paired with mobile and experienced).

yeah could be, either way I am happy we have a CB with pace

Basically some variation of the Killers sond has to be the song otherwise we have massively failed as a fanbase.

He stands exactly 6'3

Kevie, Kevie.

He'll help us win the Premier League

Kevie, Kevie.

We've no idea about the fee,

He comes from Ralph's home county.

Kevie Danso, Southampton's trunk of tree!

*Gets coat*

So, I’ve tried singing that to the the tune of Are we Human, and it doesn’t work.

#OneSongtothetuneofanother

He used to play for Augsburg

but then the call came down the line

We need you at St Mary’s, and we haven’t got much time

The fans were getting nervous

But then he came through the door

Get the ball, make a wish

He won’t let you score

He’s super human, it’s Kevin Danso

Your signs at vital, your feeling cold

and your on your knees looking for the answer

you’ve just been hit by Kevin Danso

During Danso's last 8-9 games at Augsburg they conceded 8, 4, 4, 4, 3, 5, 3 in games.

That's tough for any defender, so hopefully joining fort knox FC will help him :)

He didn't even play in some of those games (even the 8-1 he was only on the pitch for 5 of them, including his own goal). If you really want to show the goals conceded in the last 9 games that KD was involved in then it would be: 8(5), 4, 0, 4, 0, 1, 0, 1, 5(2). Interesting he seems to play equally left and right centre of back 4 (he is right footed), and has also played right back on one occassion (though it was against Nurnberg, who were rubbish last season)

Obviously that option means Jack S**t if someone else comes in for him but if he turns out half as good as Toby was for a season, then leaves, I'll take that.

If it's actually watertight this time unlike the Toby deal then it should mean we get him for an already agreed fee before anyone else even has the option to.

Obviously that option means Jack S**t if someone else comes in for him but if he turns out half as good as Toby was for a season, then leaves, I'll take that.

In what way? Surely if we have an exclusive option to buy then we get first refusal on buying for the pre-agreed price before anyone else gets a look in?

Good news! I’m encouraged by the reports about his pace, which is obviously something we lack in defence currently.

He’s early in his career so we shouldn’t expect miracles from him however.

You would think this will mean Hoedt going out on loan again (or permanently if can be done!) before euro windows close. No point in having 6 CBs on the books surely.

In fairness I don't know if there is one or it's just a case of "we'll negotiate with you first, if you walk away he's anyones".

The problem is that's meaningless, if you think about it. If there are offers from other parties, they would just refuse anything we offer below that.

I would imagine we've got an agreed price as we did with Toby, although that's obviously still reliant on Denso signing a contract.

Yeah, if he agrees to sign a contract, which he obviously wont if he has a better offer.

He won't get his transfer if he refuses to sign a contract because we have an exclusive option to buy. He'd have to stay at Augsburg. I'd imagine the contract terms are already agreed to prevent us having him over a barrel.

If he pulls a Toby i could see us buying him and them immediately selling him on for a higher fee. Or is that banned now?

He won't get his transfer if he refuses to sign a contract because we have an exclusive option to buy. He'd have to stay at Augsburg. I'd imagine the contract terms are already agreed to prevent us having him over a barrel.

If he pulls a Toby i could see us buying him and them immediately selling him on for a higher fee. Or is that banned now?

I'd have thought that was an agreed price we can buy him for, if Saints and Danso agree terms. I'd be amazed if they've agreed to a clause that nobody else can buy him, even if we don't.

Anyway, it's all ifs, buts and maybes. We wont know until next summer I guess.

It's great news and he looks a beast. I just hope we continue the search or that Klarer can step up as next summer we might be back to square one. But I have definitely upped my prediction on our league placing based on this move. So all good. Roll on the season!

Anyone suggesting a chant based on a song by the Killers should seriously think about whether they want to cement our position as the most middle class mundane fans in the Prem. It's dinner party music for bland people. You may as well search the Dido and Norah Jones back catalogue.

OK Burt Bacharach, you come up with something.

This is simple enough for a crowd...

K5UdU__E_bigger.jpg

Jack

@HasenhuttlIn

·

1m

WHERE DID YOU COME FROMWHERE DID YOU GOWHERE DID YOU COME FROM KEVIN DANSO #saintsfc

K5UdU__E_bigger.jpg

Jack

@HasenhuttlIn

·

1m

WHERE DID YOU COME FROMWHERE DID YOU GOWHERE DID YOU COME FROM KEVIN DANSO #saintsfc

V Good, would need another verse as a bit short