Kevin Danso

Heisenberg

• 2 weeks later...
Given that it has been ‘leaked’ that we intend to bring in another CB

What on earth was the point in bringing in Danso?

It was clearly a panic signing. Horrendous that we had the whole summer and that's what we ended up with. Was Adams a bigger priority than a quality cb? Most would say no.

To be fair to Danso, he has not yet played in his natural position. Surely has to be given a run of games whether in a back 3 or 4.

He mustn’t be good enough to start at CB

Given we were in desperate need of a quality CB in the summer and supposedly going to bring another one in over the next window, what was the point in him?

He mustn’t be good enough to start at CB

Given we were in desperate need of a quality CB in the summer and supposedly going to bring another one in over the next window, what was the point in him?

Well we will only find out if hes played there then.

Maybe we had other targets that we couldn't get over the line and he was the next on the list.

It was clearly a panic signing. Horrendous that we had the whole summer and that's what we ended up with. Was Adams a bigger priority than a quality cb? Most would say no.

A goal scoring CF and an experienced CB leader were/are both desperately needed. Once again the club failed on both counts.

A goal scoring CF and an experienced CB leader were/are both desperately needed. Once again the club failed on both counts.

You mean Ross Wilson failed.

Danso will probably have his loan terminated if we bring in another center back.

Would also like to bring in defense midfielder as we desperatly need some bite and hard running.

You mean Ross Wilson failed.

Danso will probably have his loan terminated if we bring in another center back.

Would also like to bring in defense midfielder as we desperatly need some bite and hard running.

I hope not.

He's young, has played and scored in the bundesliga and has pace - he just hasnt played in CB until like the 2nd half last night and to be honest I can't remember him being at fault for any goals and he's had a sh*t intro the team as Ralph kept searching for a magic solution for our fullbacks.

I'd say try and sell Veest back to germany, shift stephens to championship, bring in a fully operational CH, keep Danso and Benders and then have Yoshida to rotate in as needed.

I hope not.

He's young, has played and scored in the bundesliga and has pace - he just hasnt played in CB until like the 2nd half last night and to be honest I can't remember him being at fault for any goals and he's had a sh*t intro the team as Ralph kept searching for a magic solution for our fullbacks.

I'd say try and sell Veest back to germany, shift stephens to championship, bring in a fully operational CH, keep Danso and Benders and then have Yoshida to rotate in as needed.

If he can’t get a game at centre back ahead of the sh1te we’ve got it doesn’t say much about him

Just did a quick twitter search. Around 9.10pm, so around the 55th minute

Ta. Yes, at 51:54 he throws the ball down the line towards Højbjerg who manages not to run for it and the ball goes back out by the corner flag.

The wind was all over the place last night and it’s not the sort of trick that you could do again no matter how many times you tried.

I blame Højbjerg if anybody.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

still strikes me as a very weird way of doing things that we bring in 3 players in the summer none of which are now first choice, and danso in particular hasnt even got a sniff at playing cb,, i mean is ralph getting final say on these transfers id have thought thats the way.. if not seems a weird lack of communication somewhere along the line like why waste important transfers on guys the manager isnt going to use? and if he did ok them why ok signings you are not that impressed by? all seems very weird and lack of communication to me

still strikes me as a very weird way of doing things that we bring in 3 players in the summer none of which are now first choice, and danso in particular hasnt even got a sniff at playing cb,, i mean is ralph getting final say on these transfers id have thought thats the way.. if not seems a weird lack of communication somewhere along the line like why waste important transfers on guys the manager isnt going to use? and if he did ok them why ok signings you are not that impressed by? all seems very weird and lack of communication to me

Things change. He clearly fancied Adams, started him for weeks until a change was clearly needed and still values him. If he didn't value Adams he'd be off to Leeds on loan. Djenepo has done well when he's played but had a few injuries and recently suffered from the formation change and the form of Armstrong. Danso's the only one I'd question.