Kevin Danso

Heisenberg

I can only imagine the 20 year old me being interviewed. Nightmare.

Plus he's at a new employer (albeit on loan) so is bound to be careful in what he says. Tbh, if he'd said anything spicier he'd have had people criticising that. I'd much rather he did his talking through displacing either Stephens or Vestergaard (won't be difficult), in getting some PL games under his belt and providing some much needed pace to the backline.

Who are the 2 gentlemen who seem to be with him at all times? He doesn't look like he needs minders.

Think one may be his brother (and manager) from a Youtube film I saw about him (0.28 on film).

This is the link to the first of four:

“He’s fluent in German, he speaks Austrian” :facepalm:

Can you speak fluent Geordie? Dialects can be significantly different in some languages. There's certainly a very big difference between Hochdeutsch and schweizerdeutsch, so can any German speakers on here comment?

Can you speak fluent Geordie? Dialects can be significantly different in some languages. There's certainly a very big difference between Hochdeutsch and schweizerdeutsch, so can any German speakers on here comment?

Yeah.

They're variants of German, not different languages.

You teach English, you know this.

• 1 month later...
So, that centre back we were all high-fiving ourselves about signing on deadline day.....he doesn't seem to be a centre back after all.

That last transfer window just dropped down a couple of notches.

Ffs...he just arrived. he’s 20! He will come good. Relax. #remembermanethenewalidia

Ffs...he just arrived. he’s 20! He will come good. Relax. #remembermanethenewalidia

My point is he seems to be a full back not a centre back. I'm not commenting on his ability, I am commenting on a transfer window that required us to sign a centre back and we haven't.

So, that centre back we were all high-fiving ourselves about signing on deadline day.....he doesn't seem to be a centre back after all.

That last transfer window just dropped down a couple of notches.

Didn’t he play left back/LWB against United? And tonight he starts on the right...

Didn’t he play left back/LWB against United? And tonight he starts on the right...
Just baffling, especially with Bertrand on the bench (and Cedric, er, on the pitch). No one is expecting this kid to be a world beater from the off but it feels hes being set up to fail right now. Edited by CB Fry

I don't think it's as simple as that. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, our manager currently thinks Vestergard is a better defender than Yoshida.

Vestergaard is strange.

When he signed, many reports in the media suggested he could do really well in this league!

He looked to have ticked the boxes we needed, height etc...

He is fecking shyte. No real meaningful improvement on Hoedt

Another terrible signing

Vestergaard is strange.

When he signed, many reports in the media suggested he could do really well in this league!

He looked to have ticked the boxes we needed, height etc...

He is fecking shyte. No real meaningful improvement on Hoedt

Another terrible signing

took about two minutes of his Saints debut to workout that he is amongst the slowest footballer ever to grace the Premier League. Nothing has changed. He does win some headers and the importance of that can be downplayed by fans, but at this level at the very least Id expect a defender to be decent in the air AND have a reasonable turn of pace. When you are having to hide a CB in a five man defence you now you have bought badly.

And that is our problem. Buy badly, which leads to us having to compensate for weaknesses all over the pitch.

took about two minutes of his Saints debut to workout that he is amongst the slowest footballer ever to grace the Premier League. Nothing has changed. He does win some headers and the importance of that can be downplayed by fans, but at this level at the very least Id expect a defender to be decent in the air AND have a reasonable turn of pace. When you are having to hide a CB in a five man defence you now you have bought badly.

And that is our problem. Buy badly, which leads to us having to compensate for weaknesses all over the pitch.

Winning headers when you're 6'6" shouldn't really be that hard. He has the turning circle of a supertanker

For the last few seasons managers have dropped Yoshida, we've been **** defensively and then he's come back in towards the end of the season and we've been a lot better.

He should be first choice and captain for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Completely agree

RH is gonna destroy this lads confidence if he carries on playing him out of position.

If he doesnt think hes good enough to play CB then why have we got him ? Its not like we are blessed with quality in that department.

I see once again Yoshida has turned into a world beater for some through not playing !

Fact of the matter is he has always got one major error in him per game, sometimes we get away with it, sometimes we dont.

Having said that I would rather have his one error a game than Stephens or Vestergaard alongside Bednerek.

And that shows exactly how abysmal our defence is......and once again it hasnt been properly addressed !

Oh sorry, i forgot, the excuse now is a decent CB costs too much. As you were then :mcinnes:

Edited by beatlesaint

RH is gonna destroy this lads confidence if he carries on playing him out of position.

If he doesnt think hes good enough to play CB then why have we got him ? Its not like we are blessed with quality in that department.

I see once again Yoshida has turned into a world beater for some through not playing !

Fact of the matter is he has always got one major error in him per game, sometimes we get away with it, sometimes we dont.

Having said that I would rather have his one error a game than Stephens or Vestergaard alongside Bednerek.

And that shows exactly how abysmal our defence is......and once again it hasnt been properly addressed !

Oh sorry, i forgot, the excuse now is a decent CB costs too much. As you were then :mcinnes:

Yoshida has always been decent after a run of games. The problem is that he rarely gets a run of games. He and Bednarek are our best centre backs and should both play each week.

As for Danso, he ain't a full back that's for sure. Whether he's a good enough centre back we don't yet know but hanging him out to dry at full back, then shifting him into a back 3, then dragging him off at half time was awful management and won't have done the lad's confidence any good.

Yoshida has always been decent after a run of games. The problem is that he rarely gets a run of games. He and Bednarek are our best centre backs and should both play each week.

As for Danso, he ain't a full back that's for sure. Whether he's a good enough centre back we don't yet know but hanging him out to dry at full back, then shifting him into a back 3, then dragging him off at half time was awful management and won't have done the lad's confidence any good.

Agree - clearly not good enough to play at full back, gets completely lost out there...

At CB, who knows...he certainly seems to have the attributes to be a really good CB for us, but for us to be able to judge him, he needs to play 4/5 games in that position. Let be honest, he's bloody good for a 20 year old CB. Will certainly be interesting to see what happens with him this season. We're going to really kill his confidence playing him out of position.

CB & full back are 2 very different positions and I seem to remember Danso being sold to us as a centre back who can play defensive midfielder but CB his natural position. Centre backs operate very differently to full backs and it was clear before that Danso is not suited and extremely uncomfortable as a full back. Are we that poor a club and that hard up that we sign inferior players and force them into positions not suited? If so, that’s a recipe for disaster.

I would try Danso and Bednarek & put some effort into nurturing Danso’s confidence which Ralph has done everything to shatter. Friday was a complete clusterf**k by Hasenhüttl. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come now Röhl isn’t by Ralph’s side. Judging by the lack of composure & expression on the assistant manager’s face first half, he looked panicked and completely out of his comfort zone. Much like Vestergaard in a pair of football boots.

CB & full back are 2 very different positions and I seem to remember Danso being sold to us as a centre back who can play defensive midfielder but CB his natural position. Centre backs operate very differently to full backs and it was clear before that Danso is not suited and extremely uncomfortable as a full back. Are we that poor a club and that hard up that we sign inferior players and force them into positions not suited? If so, that’s a recipe for disaster.

I would try Danso and Bednarek & put some effort into nurturing Danso’s confidence which Ralph has done everything to shatter. Friday was a complete clusterf**k by Hasenhüttl. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come now Röhl isn’t by Ralph’s side. Judging by the lack of composure & expression on the assistant manager’s face first half, he looked panicked and completely out of his comfort zone. Much like Vestergaard in a pair of football boots.

Interesting that you should mention Rohl - when he left I did wonder whether Ralph’s previous successes were largely attributable to the pairing rather than just RH and that we might start to see some cracks. What was a surprise was Ralph’s reluctance to take Friday on the chin when normally he plays a straight bat - either he doesn't like being criticised or he’s protecting someone who made the decision for him.

As for Danso, I personally think he’s more of CDM type of player rather than CB (or indeed full back).

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else watching the U21’s game? He’d struggle to get a game down the M27!! Two dodgy fouls already that could’ve been given yellow if actually seen, and he doesn’t have a clue how to mark a striker. He’s up against some quality England lads admittedly, but U21’s is not Prem standard!! Worrying!!

Interesting that you should mention Rohl - when he left I did wonder whether Ralph’s previous successes were largely attributable to the pairing rather than just RH and that we might start to see some cracks. What was a surprise was Ralph’s reluctance to take Friday on the chin when normally he plays a straight bat - either he doesn't like being criticised or he’s protecting someone who made the decision for him.

As for Danso, I personally think he’s more of CDM type of player rather than CB (or indeed full back).

Previous successes? Rohl was at Leibzig when Ralph joined.

They were nowhere else together.

Is anyone else watching the U21’s game? He’d struggle to get a game down the M27!! Two dodgy fouls already that could’ve been given yellow if actually seen, and he doesn’t have a clue how to mark a striker. He’s up against some quality England lads admittedly, but U21’s is not Prem standard!! Worrying!!

I have not formed an opinion of his ability, but it can't be easy being thrust into the prem , played out of position, then not feature at all. Poor lad must be destroyed.

For what it's worth, Danso was pretty good for Austria at the Euro U21 finals in the summer, while Tomori struggled at CB for England.

One of them is now a starting CB for a Champions League club and has just been called up for the seniors.

I wouldn't write anyone off on the back of a few poor outings for the kids.

(Hudson-Odoi and Foden are miles above that level, to be honest. It's a bit unfair. They're better than some of the players picked ahead of them in the seniors.)

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

That loan with an "option" to buy could be useful

Yep. People whine when all we have is an option but sometimes an option is more than enough. He was shocking last night and on that performance he's not worth buying.