The overseas transfer window is still open thread

mcbendy

We need somewhere to discuss the possible departures of Lemina, Carrillo, Hoedt etc and the summer transfer window thread has been locked. Plus... I was never a fan of cold Turkey.

Personally I think Lemina will get a move to a major European club. I suspect we'll end up cutting our losses on Carrillo and loan him to Leganes again for peanuts. Hoedt might go on loan to a Spanish club perhaps? Moi to Turkey?

I think Lemina and Carrillo will definitely be sold/loaned abroad as they’ve been openly frozen out.

The League One/Two transfer window is also still open and I assume Hesketh will be loaned out again or sold. He isn’t even listed on the OS player list anymore (neither is Sam McQueen, but I think he’s got a bad injury atm so not sellable anyway).

This leaves us with 23 over-21s and means every player left can get a squad number (I assume these will be announced before Burnley).

I don’t think there’s much point in Hoedt or Moi leaving now. They seem integrated in the squad and we couldn’t replace either of them before January anyway.

But he hasn't really burned his bridges, that is if he can eat some humble pie. Just say that the injury last year didn't let him play enough for clubs to see what he was made of and he'll show them this season.

But I guess a loan abroad is more likely.

I’m very much enjoying watching the Lemina situation unfold.

Arrogant tw*t burns his bridges then doesn’t get a move that he doesn’t deserve anyway.

He only has his agent left to blame before he might have to take a look at himself.

Just need to find somewhere that can take him permanently.

The prem sides could afford him, but none of them wanted him full-time.

Saint-etienne won’t be able to get near. Sam Wallace mentioned Roma & Sevilla who might be able to, but I’m expecting a loan with an option. Ditto Carrillo.

Still potential for Hoedt and Cedric to go IMO, they have been re-integrated into the squad but we now have 6 first team centre-backs so Hoedt has to be to the one most likely to go (as Stephens is too crap to be wanted by European clubs) and I think Cedric might still attract a few suitors and the club might want to cash in before his contract runs out.

Moe has to go, with Redmond, Long, Ings, Adams, Djenepo and Boufal there is no way he is getting near the team.

So IMO the club should be looking to off loads those four, Hoedt, Lemina, Moe and Carillo, and maybe Cedric if they can get a decent fee for him.

I'd also like us to get rid of Forster and Stephens but can't see those happening to a European club.

Arrogant tw*t burns his bridges then doesn’t get a move that he doesn’t deserve anyway.

He only has his agent left to blame before he might have to take a look at himself.

What people forget hes earning a fortune and so are other faillings...........do you think he REALLY cares where he is?...humble pie why? kerching bank balance looking good still, another week on and repeat several times over.

You say Lemina, I say Zaha. :) Now watch him sulk.

Hopefully Lemina will apply himself if he doesn't get the move he wants.

A decent percentage of players contracts are based on appearance, goals, clean sheets and the success of the club in general. Any player would rather be playing than not, and most have to feed their rather inflated egos, not easy when a well respected manager doesn't even want you in his 25.

Why do they need to be replaced? They weren't playing, and when they have they've been rubbish. So there's really nothing to replace.

Plus we signed a new CB, a winger and got Boufal back. I can't see either getting near the side now. Hoedt is better than Stephens but he's still rubbish, and expensive.

I was just thinking that we may as well keep them as insurance. We may have an injury crisis (or, however unlikely, they may even improve in training and deserve a place). Why not wait until January to sell them both?