Danso/Ings

spyinthesky

Wonder if there is a loan fee option for both of them to be deducted when they sign(ed)?

I suppose the difference is there was a commitment to sign Danny Ings whereas it seems there is an exclusive option to buy with Danso.

Shame the club couldnt have negotiated the same deal with one or two other recent purchases (thanks Les!!)

If you do a loan with an option to buy you risk doing a Toby.

If you sign someone outright you risk getting a MOI.

There's no perfect solution, it just highlights the need to get your scouting right.

Loan with exclusive option to buy, ie Danso, seems to be best. Try before you buy. No doubt it will be a more expensive way of doing things, but that's the insurance policy of not buying a pup. Different from Ings, loan with commitment to buy. Different from Toby I think too, as the exclusive option bit would seem to suggest first refusal at the end of the season.

I assume a final transfer fee is agreed in advance for loans with an exclusive option to buy? Or is it negotiated/determined if and when a team exercises the option to buy?

If it's a genuine "option" everything has to be agreed, transfer terms, player wages, agent fees, contract length, everything. Otherwise it's nothing.

The wording of these sorts of things is strange sometimes, but the clear ones where everything is agreed are those which say 'Obligation to buy'. Which is what Ings was.

The Danso deal is in effect just an option, albeit an exclusive option at a set priced as far as I can see. Nothing stop other clubs from showing an interest should he storm it, although I'd hope the agreed fee is a bit more watertight than the Toby deal.

• 3 months later...
Wonder if there is a loan fee option for both of them to be deducted when they sign(ed)?

I suppose the difference is there was a commitment to sign Danny Ings whereas it seems there is an exclusive option to buy with Danso.

Shame the club couldnt have negotiated the same deal with one or two other recent purchases (thanks Les!!)

Two of Les signings were named in the top 4 players in the world last night. Maybe he did know what he was doing......

Two of Les signings were named in the top 4 players in the world last night. Maybe he did know what he was doing......

To be fair, at least Mane and Tadic (20th) were probably found by Paul Mitchell, but 3 players (VVD, Mane, Tadic) in the top 20 from our 2015 / 16 team! Plus Fonte, Pelle, Wanyama, Bertrand in his prime....