Burnley vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Wrong, the Prem have already said referees are instructed to allow play to continue after the linesman flags and if a goal is scored then check VAR. That's why players are being told in the pre-match briefing by the ref to ignore the linesman completely and play to the whistle.

I think what he means by VAR or not is:

Using VAR = no goal (as we witnessed)

Not having VAR, Lino flagged = no goal

The comment from Flashscores...

Not accurate then?

I'd say it's accurate, we're dominating but it's not as fun to talk about what's going well.

25 mins in, we've had the majority of the possession but not much goalmouth action at either end. FWIW I think Stephens is playing pretty well, a couple of good pings across field and doing a perfectly adequate job, apart from the slip which wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Might have been a yellow, never a red. Small positive that var didn’t force ref to review.

Despite being high there wasn’t sufficient force for it to be dangerous.

Premier League have already said that they don't want referees going over to review decisions, just the VAR officials letting him know what actually happened.

Wrong, the Prem have already said referees are instructed to allow play to continue after the linesman flags and if a goal is scored then check VAR. That's why players are being told in the pre-match briefing by the ref to ignore the linesman completely and play to the whistle.

What has that go to do with what I said?

It was offside and it was flagged offside. That goal doesn’t stand in any season of football ever.

Its only this season that it’s not blown dead.

VAR was only used to make sure the linesman had seen it correctly.

Patience people. As long as we keep creating the chances we should be able to put one away. And we have Djenepo, Boufal and Obafemi on the bench if need be...

Pope though always has a stormer against us. What is it with Burnley's goalkeepers having stormers!!! Definitely need Adams to scuff one in.