Burnley vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

We have a very average team. Got to hope we keep boufal and djenepo comes good.

And so it begins!!

Another day JWP, Adams and Redmond would have buried their chances and we'd be creaming ourselves. Finishing isn't as clinical as it could be but the performance has been good so far.

Defended well as a unit, but need to do more in attack. Adams winning none of the long balls, Ings anonymous and Redmond hasn't seen enough of the ball, which is a shame as when he did he worked the goalkeeper, who I can't remember doing a lot else. At least we've got a few attacking options on the bench, which seems weird saying.

And so it begins!!

Another day JWP, Adams and Redmond would have buried their chances and we'd be creaming ourselves. Finishing isn't as clinical as it could be but the performance has been good so far.

Nothing "begins" it's an opinion based on what I've seen on the pitch. People get so sensitive but that was an underwhelming half of football. I'm optimistic that the x factor from the likes of boufal and djenepo will be a big help this season but I'm not going to pretend that was a decent half of football just to keep people like you happy.

0-0 h/t. Been quite tidy without doing anything too special, but we all know how these games against cloggers go for Saints: we'll play all the football and lose 1-0 to a scrappy set piece or massive defensive brainwave.

It'd be nice if Danny Ings contributed something of note, but maybe that's asking too much of £20m worth of knackered body parts.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Nothing "begins" it's an opinion based on what I've seen on the pitch. People get so sensitive but that was an underwhelming half of football. I'm optimistic that the x factor from the likes of boufal and djenepo will be a big help this season but I'm not going to pretend that was a decent half of football just to keep people like you happy.

Well said,we are supposedly aiming for improvement this season. Nothing there to suggest that.

Same issue as the last few seasons. Nice and tidy until we get to the point that a final killer pass is needed and we **** it up.

Is this just what we get from 10-15M players? Can we expect them to do a Sterling, Silva, TAA or Robertson. Can we expect them to do it once in a while?

The speed and directness of Djenepo, Boufal, Redmond, Obafemi, Adams, Long and even Bertrand, Valery and Cedric should make a few teams crap their pants this season. It's just about finding the right balance.

Our bench is decent today, let's use it.

Anyone know how Burnley managed to get an Oriental sponsor on the front of their shirts without an awful thick surround where we failed...?

And I thought you’d be troubled by having “love bet” slapped in bright white over their shirts.