Burnley 3-0 Saints - Reactions

Lighthouse

F**king dog sh*t!

Only saving grace I can think of is that it was a p*ssing wet gale up North. Not an excuse but exactly the kind of game we regularly f**k up anyway. I'd ditch 3 at the back, what's the point in having 3 crap defenders stood ball watching? Might as well fight for it in midfield.

awful but not unexpected

we are doing nothing but weaken the squad.

We start the season with the same awful defence, despite the last two windows to bring in quality.

we have brought in a rookie lad who will probably lucky to play 15 league games this season.

Burnley were crap and won fairly comfortably, bar a couple of long range shots in the 1st half.

one thing is for sure, we will not be finishing top 10, despite what the clappers say

You all need to relax, it was a poor game but we have a new cb coming in and our best cm will be back next week. We will improve DON'T PANIC!

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

you do realise our new CB is 20 years old and has been a bit-part player?

Awful performance, deservedly smashed by a poor side. We created nothing in that second half.

Gunn should have done a lot better for that first goal, **** poor from him and JV - Who is a very poor CB as he proved time and time again last season.

If Burnley can ease past us with 3 goals then I wonder how a 2nd gear Liverpool will do against that backline next weekend. :rolleyes:

Think that makes it 6 official games without a win? It is early days but we limped to safety last season and I don't see any difference in that performance.

We lack any midfield presence so creating attacks is difficult. The whole 5 at the back thing needs to end now. It doesn't work.

F**king dog sh*t!

Only saving grace I can think of is that it was a p*ssing wet gale up North. Not an excuse but exactly the kind of game we regularly f**k up anyway. I'd ditch 3 at the back, what's the point in having 3 crap defenders stood ball watching? Might as well fight for it in midfield.

Yep we can use that battling DM we signed in the summer that we desperately needed to protect our abject CB's...oh...

Terrible start. Against a really poor Burnley side too. Just have to learn from it and hope it's a case of getting it out the way and moving on quick. We can't keep playing Stephens, I've no idea what Ings offers, so it's time for Ralph to find his best team. Still think it'll be 4222 or we'll struggle to score goals.

Mostly though it's just sad to see batman so delighted on day 1.

how am I delighted? why on earth are you bringing me into your soppy post?

you do realise our new CB is 20 years old and has been a bit-part player?
He played consistently the second half of last season. And no mention of our captain and best (maybe second after redmond) player being back? I know you want to have a moan but it's not relegation yet!

**** poor all round! Surely RH knew we couldn't play our usual style in todays conditions against a strong physical Burnley side! We should have sorted out our defence before we even considered other positions it was glaringly obvious!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Decent enough first half, v poor second half. First game of the season so obviously too early to judge if this is a sign of things to come or just a blip, although that won't stop the usual SWF write-the-season-off-after-one-game brigade of course... ;)

Edited by trousers

Very clear this will be another difficult season, with a lot of players who are unproven at this level.

Whilst this is just a start, with our fixtures to November looking very tough, its hard to see anything other than being in the bottom 6 for at least the first third of the season.

A lot resting on Danso.

Lmfao. Didn’t see that coming? If you didn’t, you’re an idiot.

Apparently a good window to most on here.

And we’ll be comfortably mid table. Apparently.

Poor Ralph is flogging a dead horse at this sh1tshow of a football club.

He will overachieve with what’s he’s got and we’ll pick up some results here and there but he’ll be as frustrated as most reasonable fans about not being able or allowed to take this team further.

Enjoy him while you can.

Sounded awful.

Need to ditch the 3 at the back. I'd rather have two crap defenders playing than 3, although we have Danso to come in and we can only hope he's decent. Ings will have his uses on occasion but Hasenhuttl wants to play with pace and he doesn't have much. My favourite formation in the last few years was the 4-2-3-1 we used to play under Pochettino and I think it suits our personnel. We could field a team like:

Gunn, Valery, Danso, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Hojbjerg, JWP, Boufal, Redmond, Adams.

Pace and creativity.

It can only get better, right? Liverpool next, then Brighton who won enthusiastically today, then United. (Deep breath...)

Billy Sharp scored for Sheffield Utd. Could to with a finisher like that, our boys get into the final third and then panic. Panicky defence and a light midfield adds up to another hugely frustrating day at the office. When will we learn.

I like Redmond but boy does he make some poor decisions, hold on way too long and then passes when a shooting chance is on. Ings terrible, Gunn had a poor game too, first one through his legs.

You all need to relax, it was a poor game but we have a new cb coming in and our best cm will be back next week. We will improve DON'T PANIC!

No panic from me after one game but I wouldnt expect Hoj to make any difference in a game like this...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I admire your optimism, but we've just been thumped by a team who do nothing but pump the ball long. They didn't have to do anything approaching quality football to beat us comfortably. We have nil leadership on the field and look no better whatsoever to last season. All the talk about RH having a preseason to work with the team looks like it's had zero effect. We still make criminal mistakes in defence at this level and didn't offer much up front again. As soon as we went one down, could you really see us coming back? The body language went to **** and there are no leaders out there. I fear a long, long season beckons.....

Missing Danny Rohl

i was just thinking that aswell ................ralph looks lost on his own .Btw we are going to struggle again i think hope not but we look very disjointed again,our subs made no impact .

I know 1st game and all that, but difficult to see the formation being any different for the forseeable future. This is going to be a difficult season again i fear . Ist goal and heads went 2nd goal lets get going home 3rd bugger how long left .****s yer weekend up dosnt it football.

Negative; So, at least we merit the 'disgusting' label. As for having 4 formations to choose from, re-arranging the deck chairs didn't save the Titanic.

Positive; RH will sort things out, and we still have 37 games to play. If you are going to have a stinker of a performance, better it's in the first match.

Poor in attack, abysmal in defense, poor goalkeeping. That was like last season under Hughes! Not impressed at all, and with Liverpool our goal difference may take a hammering. Have to say my confidence before the game for this season has taken a real battering. I hope this isn't another season of battling against relegation, but I fear the worst based on that 2nd half performance. Utterly embarrassing

Poor in attack, abysmal in defense, poor goalkeeping. That was like last season under Hughes! Not impressed at all, and with Liverpool our goal difference may take a hammering. Have to say my confidence before the game for this season has taken a real battering. I hope this isn't another season of battling against relegation, but I fear the worst based on that 2nd half performance. Utterly embarrassing

That is harsh. Gunn did very little wrong