Saints vs Liverpool - Build Up

Lighthouse

Kill them with pace. 4-2-2-2 counter attacking.

Gunn

Valery

Yoshida

Danso

Bertrand

Hojbjerg

Romeu

Djenepo

Redmond

Long

Adams

I've gone for a Liverpool win in this one but in a close high-scoring game.

Ings for Long (subs bench) and Boufal on with time to influence the game would be my changes to that side. Ralph won't drop Ward-Prowse though and he may consider Danso and Djenepo not ready. Nothing to lose though is there - in taking them on.

Even with tomorrow's long travel and distraction they will still be too good for us.

They will be but how many will be rested anyway? Can't see them particularly fearing Chelsea or even putting too much emphasis on this fixture. They'll probably see it as a bit of warm-weather training.

Need to see an improvement Saturday and then move on.

They will be but how many will be rested anyway? Can't see them particularly fearing Chelsea or even putting too much emphasis on this fixture. They'll probably see it as a bit of warm-weather training.

Actually, great importance is put on this cup, so I'd think both teams will be giving their all.

The fact he was released by West Ham suggest he isn't. He is worse than Mignolet IMO and easily worse than Gunn or McCarthy.

But we have to actually trouble him which is the real issue which means possession near their goal and getting past Van Dijk.

West Ham fans pretty much all thought Darren Randolph was better than Adrian - says a lot.

we had fans who thought Jack Stephens was better than harry maguire and our own, Martin Caraces

and that Mane was only as good as Ali Dia

Most of our fan base don't know what they are talking about.

They are a bit like the equivalent of English dinosaur managers who think that percentage football is how football should work.

Well you have the same type of fans who only live in english football world and don't know what exists beyond that (player, club and league wise).

Haven't rested many.

Even a hint of some spine and nerve would be an improvement on last week, even if we still get beat by a goal or 3.

If you're going to play 3 at the back they've got to be mobile and organised- surely this means Yoshida in with Bednarek, and I'd give Vestergaard another chance as Stephens has already had several too many.

Liverpool are the kind of team that we should do well against in a 4-2-2-2, except they're a far-too-good version of that.

Maybe this:

Gunn

Valery-Yoshida-Bednarek-Bertrand

Hojbjerg-Romeu

WardProwse- Boufal/Djenepo

Adams- Redmond

Looks skilled but lightweight.

VAR been pretty efficient tonight.

Chelsea score a crap penalty to be fair

Why am I not surprised Hoddle still doesn’t grasp it.

States ‘ It has to be clear and obvious’ when referring to refs decision. Muppet.

Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Henderson, Fabinho, and Salah played the full 120 minutes, Mane played 103.

With the travelling as well, the late night, it helps.

They will still probably thrash us, but might rotate more after that.

Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Henderson, Fabinho, and Salah played the full 120 minutes, Mane played 103.

With the travelling as well, the late night, it helps.

They will still probably thrash us, but might rotate more after that.

They'll probably be three up by half time, so can cruise the second half in their slippers and smoking jackets.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

EB9jehuXsAEMNoP?format=jpg

Good job VAR.... :lol:

Yeah, even with the naked eye and watching on my 32 inch Samsung, I could see Adrian was off his goal line BEFORE the ball was kicked. How VAR didn't spot that ... oh dear.

And don't get me started on the earlier Abraham dive that VAR adjudged to be a penalty.

And I am a VAR supporter!

Bad night for VAR!!

Gunn

Valery Bednarek Yoshida Bertrand

JWP Romeu Hojbjerg

Boufal Adams Redmond

Liverpool like to attack though the middle with little one twos so 3 in midfield will make them push the ball out to the wings where Valery and Betrand can play a more defensive role against Arnold and Robertson. Liverpool were playing a very high line last night so we need pace upfront to spring the offside trap so drop Ings for Boufal, I would say Djenepo but not sue he's had enough time with the team yet.

I would target Arnold as he has looked a little shaky this season.

Kill them with pace. 4-2-2-2 counter attacking.

Gunn

Valery

Yoshida

Danso

Bertrand

Hojbjerg

Romeu

Djenepo

Redmond

Long

Adams

I've gone for a Liverpool win in this one but in a close high-scoring game.

Our best chance of not getting beaten is to just apply the first two words of your statement.

Yeah, even with the naked eye and watching on my 32 inch Samsung, I could see Adrian was off his goal line BEFORE the ball was kicked. How VAR didn't spot that ... oh dear.

And don't get me started on the earlier Abraham dive that VAR adjudged to be a penalty.

And I am a VAR supporter!

Bad night for VAR!!

I believe that after the women's world cup they decided keepers' movement at penalties would not be a matter for VAR.

And the ref gave the Abraham penalty. The cynic in me wonders whether they didn't want to undermine the first all-female officials team.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk