Saints vs Liverpool - Build Up

Lighthouse

I agree we need/have needed an upgrade on Long for a while. But the alternative is Ings, and I genuinely don't see much between the two, and if anything I think Long had a much bigger impact at the tailend of last season and still provides 'something different', whilst Ings is a bit meh in all departments really. For me, Long is still going to be a useful asset this season.

I agree we need/have needed an upgrade on Long for a while. But the alternative is Ings, and I genuinely don't see much between the two, and if anything I think Long had a much bigger impact at the tailend of last season and still provides 'something different', whilst Ings is a bit meh in all departments really. For me, Long is still going to be a useful asset this season.

But Ings is our record signing!

Sorry, not sure what was going on there.

Back four of Cedric, Yoshida, Danso and Bertrand.

Romeu and Pierre in the middle

Che, Moussa and Redmond with Boufal in behind.

May as well go for it and try something different as the same old sure isn’t working.

This I like.

If we persevere with a back 3/5, I hope it's

Gunn

Valery Yoshida Danso Bednarek Bertrand

Hojbjerg JWP Romeu

Adams Redmond

But would prefer

Gunn

Valery Yoshida Bednarek Bertrand

Hojbjerg Romeu

JWP Armstrong

Adams Redmond

Yes. Armstrong.

Bench: McCarthy Cedric Danso Boufal Ings Djenepo Obafemi

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

May as well go for it and try something different as the same old sure isn’t working.

I like this.

McCarthy

Valery Bednarek Danso Bertrand

Romeu Hojbjerg

Djennepo Boufal Redmond

Adams

Gunn

Cedric

Yoshida

Armstrong

Jwp

Obafemi

Ings

I like this.

McCarthy

Valery Bednarek Danso Bertrand

Romeu Hojbjerg

Djennepo Boufal Redmond

Adams

Gunn

Cedric

Yoshida

Armstrong

Jwp

Obafemi

Ings

That team would be lucky to get 30% of possession and very little defending in the top third. Would absolutely get walloped! JWP must play.

Edited by sydney_saint

Possession got us a lot of goals against Burnley...
This is Liverpool. We can't defend for 90 minutes against them. To be honest our defence can't defend 90 minutes against anyone anyway. To get anything from the game we will need stages of possession to take the heat out and also hopefully get them chasing and tiring after their Wednesday round trip. They will still have more of the ball, but we at least need some phases.

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

Apart from Danso being an unknown quantity, I like the look of this. Nothing to lose, let's have a real go at them. Charlie Nicholas on Sky predicting 2-2, I'm going for us to win 2-1

Unimpressed with the lineup. Was hoping we would hit them with pace and attack after their midweek 120 minute game in Istanbul.

Woiuldn't we need better players to do that though ? Far too many illusions about the quality of our effective unfortunately.

Trying to contain them is our best plan.

Aren’t Muslims traditionally buried within 24 hours of death? Sounds like a nightmare to organise but I’d have thought it’s been held already.

A fair point, although I believe delays can be held for postmortem purposes. Hopefully he isn't injured. It would be good to see his reintegration continue.