The all new relegation priced thread 2019 (it gets earlier every year!).

tisspahars

I always place insurance bets as its money I'm happy to lose, but covers worst case scenarios

So backed us for relegation although i would be surprised if we were (poorer sides than us IMHO)

Backed Liverpool again for the title and CL

+ Pompey promotion

Insurance bets works for me and has made me a lot last few seasons

I always place insurance bets as its money I'm happy to lose, but covers worst case scenarios

So backed us for relegation although i would be surprised if we were (poorer sides than us IMHO)

+ Pompey promotion

Name 3 worse sides than us?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Pompey promotion

How did backing Liverpool for the title, Saints to get relegated and Pompey to get promoted earn you money last year? Serious question.

How did backing Liverpool for the title, Saints to get relegated and Pompey to get promoted earn you money last year? Serious question.

Liverpool didn’t win the title, Saints didn’t get relegated, Portsmouth didn’t promoted. Win win all round.........

+ Pompey promotion

my mate calls it his happiness tax when he bet against saints to win.

under Gao, will get relegated within the next 3 seasons!

Yes without a great deal of investment we probably will.

Especially as there don't seem to be any really special players coming through the Academy in important positions.

In fact I think the lack of really good Academy players is forcing us to buy average players like when we were relegated 15 years ago

my mate calls it his happiness tax when he bet against saints to win.

Definitely helps. Lose a game but beat the bookie.

Had a few big payouts last season (eventually had my bet365 account restricted lol) and helps distract from the disappointment of a defeat.

Norwich, Sheff United, Brighton. Despite yesterday even Burnley

On Fridays showing Norwich would cause us problems, Brighton are not a bad side, just lost their way under Houghton in the second half of last season and have brought a few in over the summer. Sheffield United are an unknown quantity. Burnley are always a handful, a bit like the old Bolton under Sam. I was blindly optimistic before the weekend, but have since faded badly. But will all be right again if we get something from Liverpool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still don’t think we’ll go down.

8 games and we’ve played 4 of the supposed top 6, plus Burnley away and a pretty decent Bournemouth team. The other two games we’ve won.

I’ll wait until we’ve played the likes of Newcastle, Norwich, Sheff Utd, Brighton, Villa and Watford at home before I get too panicky.

• 2 weeks later...

The damage is done! Any team that loses like that will be relegated. You only have to look back at history. Where would you go from here? The confidence will be shot to bits. We might improve a little over time but not enough to survive in this league. Totally shocked to go out like this and it's all down to those F ucking **** owners!

The damage is done! Any team that loses like that will be relegated. You only have to look back at history. Where would you go from here? The confidence will be shot to bits. We might improve a little over time but not enough to survive in this league. Totally shocked to go out like this and it's all down to those F ucking **** owners!
Sunderland survived the 8-0. It's way too early to call it in but we're always going to be skirting with relegation year on year with our level of investment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No, we shouldn't. Betting exchange markets are incredibly accurate - check out some stats on the exchange SP's of horses v results as evidence. If the market has settled on 9/4 being the current price then you can rest assured that is fairly close to the likelihood. It may not fit in with the "We are so going down" narrative following Friday's humiliation, but there you are. We are in trouble, certainly, but the "It's over, nothing can save us" brigade are as wrong now as they were when they wrote it on the 2017 and 2018 versions of this thread.