The all new relegation priced thread 2019 (it gets earlier every year!).

tisspahars

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Said we'd likely see improvements with the run of fixtures. If it returns to 6s I'll top up again.

The good news is that Watford now look cut off and Norwich have a lot to makeup.

Our two wins has dragged a number of other clubs into the mix. Only 4 points now serperating 18th and 11th place

Our goal difference needs to improve.

I appreciate this article is a few weeks old now, but it does highlight how poor a start Everton and West Ham had, given their opposition and give an indication of the relative strength of the remaining games they have:

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/premier-league-clubs-ranked-by-the-difficulty-of-their-opponents-so-far/

It would suggest that Brighton and Bournemouth also have the 3rd and 4th hardest set of remaining fixtures.

We've had the hardest start, but paradoxically we don't have the easiest remaining fixtures. That puzzled me for a moment, then I realised we don't play against ourselves.

If we did it would be the first time in history that both teams lost 2-1 to a 96th minute goal.

I always place insurance bets as its money I'm happy to lose, but covers worst case scenarios

So backed us for relegation although i would be surprised if we were (poorer sides than us IMHO)

Backed Liverpool again for the title and CL

+ Pompey promotion

Insurance bets works for me and has made me a lot last few seasons

2 out of 3 would be great

2 out of 3 would be great
As you are a decent sort, how about posting your bets before the games so that others on here can take advantage and earn from your skill. I can give you the lottery results on a sunday.

Start a thread Heisenbergs betting slips and we can all see how great you are

As you are a decent sort, how about posting your bets before the games so that others on here can take advantage and earn from your skill. I can give you the lottery results on a sunday.

Start a thread Heisenbergs betting slips and we can all see how great you are

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?61578-Saints-vs-Palace-Build-up&p=2787533#post2787533

9/1 also the price on Betfair following the Tottenham win. Astonishing value really for a side without one player up to Premier League standard and a manager clearly out of his depth, who are likely to take Derby's record for the lowest points tally ever.

Out to 9/1 now on Bet365.

I'm expecting that to shorten a bit after our next two games though.

Presumbaly the likely results of the upcomign couple of games are "priced in" though?

I thought 6/1 was good odds, think you can get as high as 10/1 now. Quite a turnaround from 7/4 a few weeks back.

I'm not an expert on betting but it seems to me the odds of relegation are inversely related to our position in the league.

There is a close correlation, but not a precise one. There are other factors such as recent/current form, remaining fixtures etc...

Brighton, for instance, are currently a point and two places below us, but are at longer odds (10/1) than we are.

There is a close correlation, but not a precise one. There are other factors such as recent/current form, remaining fixtures etc...

Brighton, for instance, are currently a point and two places below us, but are at longer odds (10/1) than we are.

Well, most obviously on the points gap to 18th.

I mean, if you're in 17th place but 15 points clear of the team in 18th, you're pretty damned safe.

If you're in 14th place and just a couple of points above the drop zone, then a bit less so.

Well, most obviously on the points gap to 18th.

I mean, if you're in 17th place but 15 points clear of the team in 18th, you're pretty damned safe.

If you're in 14th place and just a couple of points above the drop zone, then a bit less so.

Yeah, so it's a little odd that we have a bigger points gap to the drop zone than Brighton, yet they are at longer odds than us to go down.

Agreed with your analysis but I was just thinking about Saints' position and odds:thumbup:

Ah, the old 15 points between 17th and 18th scenario. It's almost a cliche how often that happens.

I think you can pick up the gist. It's an illustration that points matter, not just places. The two are broadly connected, but this season has a pretty crunched up bottom half of the table and only Norwich really cut adrift.

I'd say 17th and 5 points clear is ikely to be longer odds than 13th and 3 points clear.

Yeah, so it's a little odd that we have a bigger points gap to the drop zone than Brighton, yet they are at longer odds than us to go down.

Easier fixtures? (although we have played Chelsea and Spurs twice, which are pretty tough ones)

More home games than aways? (not that Saints seem to much benefit from home advantage!)

• 2 weeks later...

Relegation now available at 25/1, to finish bottom now 250/1.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

For the optimists, it's now around 11/8 for us to finish in the top 10

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-10-finish

A top six finish is as tight as 14/1 with some bookies

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-6-finish

Surely that's just bookies reflecting the fact that a lot more money will already have been lumped on Saints going down. All clever algorithms to make sure they cash in regardless of who goes down.

There would have to be a Swansea level of capitulation for us to be relegated now. This run of form has changed everything.

We've got 16 games to tot up the ten or twelve points required, whereas the bottom clubs are looking at around double that in the same time.

I can't see us ending up as one of the three worst teams in the division now. The bottom four look like the contenders and it might not change much from here.

I'm looking up now, not down.

There would have to be a Swansea level of capitulation for us to be relegated now. This run of form has changed everything.

We've got 16 games to tot up the ten or twelve points required, whereas the bottom clubs are looking at around double that in the same time.

I can't see us ending up as one of the three worst teams in the division now. The bottom four look like the contenders and it might not change much from here.

Not to mention that the only three teams we have played twice are Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester.

I think you're right. Looks like there will be very little to split, say, 8th - 15th, but we should be alright from here.

Norwich are cut adrift now - at least in terms of catching us - but 19th to 8th will be looking over their shoulders for at least the next few months. It's a tight one this season - no-one is truly awful.

I think it might be one of those rare years where someone drops with 40 points.

I'll certainly feel more secure if we can get three more wins asap. 37 with 7-8 games left would allow us to cruise in, picking up the odd points here and there.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Not to mention that the only three teams we have played twice are Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester.

Those three games pretty much encapsulate our turn around in fortunes, first 3 times we played them we lost 4-1, 2-1 to 10 men for most of the game and of course 9-0, then the next 3 games we win all 3, 2 of which were away.

I'd reckon European football is more likely (but still a long shot) than relegation now. Especially as I am presuming our run in of fixtures will match our November/December run of games, so will see loads of games against bottom half teams.

Edited by tajjuk