Give 4-3-3 a go?

AlexLee

Thoughts on us playing a 4-3-3?

think it would be great and suits the players we already have. For example at this moment in time i would play it as:

Gunn

Valery - Bednarek - Danso - Bertrand

Prowsey - Romeu - Hojbjerg

Boufal - Adams - Redmond

Think 3 in the middle is important to help us control more games.

Would also keep us compact against the big teams.

Thoughts?

think it would be great and suits the players we already have. For example at this moment in time i would play it as:

Gunn

Boufal - Adams - Redmond

Thoughts?

I like that formation too, and it can easily become 4 2 2 2 depebing on the oposition , with JWP pushing up and boufal dropping back.

Gunn

Boufal - Adams - Redmond

Thoughts?

For me that immediately looks a more solid set up than we have now. I bet that's how Koeman would do it!

Gunn

Boufal - Adams - Redmond

Thoughts?

Completely depends on how good Danso is. If we don't have to carry an extra CB to cover for 2 of them constantly making errors, we can go to 2 in defence. Until then, the third is necessary. Personally think that right now, we either play 3-4-3, with essentially 7 defensive minded players, (3 CB's, 2 FB's and 2 CM's), or we have to play 3-5-2 if we're being overrun in centre midfield. On the basis of Burnley bossing our midfield Saturday we may have to go to a 3-5-2 with the additional CM.

Edited by Saint Garrett

Gunn

Boufal - Adams - Redmond

Thoughts?

Looks good to me it fits most of our good players into the side and could also help us to stop getting dominated in the centre of the park. I’m a bit worried that Ralph will try to shoe horn jwp in anywhere he can even in the two man mid field which could be along side hojbjerg next time and with a already weak defence our midfield needs some protection really

No chance! He'll never drop Ings so two up top is guaranteed. Nor can we play 4 at the back with the players we have.

I don't understand that bit about "4 at the back with the players we have", it often gets said, but Bednarek and Yoshida with an additional DM protecting wouldn't be worse than what we have, would it? I'm not expert tactician but I can see where 3 CB's can either end up occupying the same space or no one occupying it / picking up runs as opposed to two.

I don't understand that bit about "4 at the back with the players we have", it often gets said, but Bednarek and Yoshida with an additional DM protecting wouldn't be worse than what we have, would it? I'm not expert tactician but I can see where 3 CB's can either end up occupying the same space or no one occupying it / picking up runs as opposed to two.

Think it also protects Valery and Bertrand a bit more too and enables them to be a bit more of an attacking threat.

Think our best two in the long run this season may well be Danso and Yoshida. Who knows what Danso is like as never seen him play.

If we had Wanyama and Schneiderin duo protecting those two we’d be laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro