Carabao Cup draw

magnet

Anyone who doesn't want them, home or away, is not a true Saints fan.

We haven't beaten them since 2005, that's FOURTEEN years.

So what. I honestly couldn't give a flying fu ck if we didn't play them for another decade. Don't give them the oxygen.

Classic saints loss oppo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat them there in the cup last January. Was there with my Fulham mate. Bednarek played right back and didn't make a bad fist of it. It's winnable but I'd say they are stronger now than they were then ironically...

We always get sh** draws. Prem or upper half championship sides. Cant remember the last time we played a league 2 side in the cup (or league 1 for that matter). No doubt somebody will tell me

Wigan in the FA Cup Quarter-Finals, that was a botched attempt to give us Man City away though.

We used to get a few when we were in the lower leagues, pretty sure I remember playing Bury (RIP) and Yeovil at home.

Since we have been in the Prem we had an almost traditional fixture against Northampton away and we gimped MK Dons. Recently its been very mediocre though.

Had all fingers crossed for Forest Green (**** off Bompey) or Skates.

We always get sh** draws. Prem or upper half championship sides. Cant remember the last time we played a league 2 side in the cup (or league 1 for that matter). No doubt somebody will tell me

Have you got the number of the therapist who managed to help you completely forget Sheff Utd away? Thanks ;)

Am I missing something here, I thought we had to play our under 21’s in this competition.
The Carabau is the league cup - the one we got to the final of with Puel.

You're thinking of the Checkatrade - the one we got to the final of with Pardew.

What's not to like? Great draw, great away day (better than a soulless affair in a half-filled SMS), or in this case, easy midweek trip. Just up the road, we can take a lot of fans and it will be a competitive match. Is Harrison Reed cup-tied?

Take it seriously Saints and then QPR away in the next round.

Has this round always been segregated geographically?

They have tried all sorts to probably try and get the crowd numbers up, as this and the next round have seen pretty paltry attendances over the years (plus where’s the viability in say Carlisle having to play away at Plymouth in a competition they are unlikely to win). Recently for this round (possibly the next) they had the draw loaded so the lesser teams hosted the seeded big teams - in these days where the gate isn’t shared it gave an opportunity for the remaining lower division teams to fill their boots with hopefully increased attendances when a team from a higher division rolled into town.

Given the 2am in the morning farcical balls up draws made in Thailand or wherever - the north south divide more than likely makes it easier too.

Does the North/South divide only apply for the second round, and why did Cardiff and Fulham get a bye into the second round?

The geographical split is only for the 1st and 2nd rounds and the 18th and 19th placed Prem teams from the previous season get a bye to round 2. It's been that way for years I think

Any idea when the match will be played?? I can make the Tuesday but not the Wednesday.

Fulham are away to Cardiff live on Sky on Friday that week so looking like Tuesday. The Met won't want 2 games in the area on the same night, particularly one with 'potential' with visiting fans, so QPR likely home the following day.

Fulham will probably offer us the entire end, £20 tickets and we'll take 5,000 up there.

They will definitely give us the whole end if we want it, there won't be many home fans there as they usually get small crowds for this competition, hopefully £10 tickets and make it straight to general sale, we won't take more than 3000 anyway.

Confirmed £15 (adults) but paltry allocation of less than 2,000. Thought it was 10% for League Cup games (25k capacity), maybe we can get more?

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2019-20/efl-cup/fulham-v-saints-2019-08-27/ticket-info

QPR's game also confirmed as on Wednesday.

I asked my Fulham mate why, he said its because they only have 3 stands with the riverside stand being knocked down so ground capacity currently only 19k , they've reduced allocations for teams in the league as well.

Having said that there will be thousands of empty seats in the home end so if need be getting a ticket in their bit shouldn't be too hard.

I asked my Fulham mate why, he said its because they only have 3 stands with the riverside stand being knocked down so ground capacity currently only 19k , they've reduced allocations for teams in the league as well.

Having said that there will be thousands of empty seats in the home end so if need be getting a ticket in their bit shouldn't be too hard.

Ah right, they're finally going ahead with the new stand then. Hopefully they'll hold off selling the Putney End to home fans until we've had enough, can see this being very popular particularly with kids still off school and only a fiver.

Thought they may have been forcing our fans to buy in the neutral area and hike the prices, if they've cut capacity and being in the Championship I guess it's no longer needed.