Music

Valesaint

Please put me out of my misery.

What was the music that Saints ran out to last season? The one that played when the flame throwers went off on the side of the pitch.

It was almost an anthem without words. I found it quite inspirational, it is a shame that the players didn't on a lot of occasions!

I'm glad someone could like that, made me cringe intensively.

Much less that 'We are Souuutthhhaammppttoonnn though', that made me want to launch myself down the stairwell.

Fulham head out to Palladio which is infinitely better as an epic intro. I am forever jealous of Man United supporters seeing their team walk out to 'This is the One' by The Stone Roses.

Would like it if the club could steal a song from a Southampton based band for entry music, dont know of a song that would suffice though.

Would like it if the club could steal a song from a Southampton based band for entry music, dont know of a song that would suffice though.

Not a lot of choice there unfortunately. Maybe something by Band of Skulls or DJ Format.

We do seem to play Renegade Master a fair bit on the tannoy as that was by a guy from St Mary's.

Would never happen but would be nice if the club commissioned a few local bands to see if they could write something suitable. I'd love to see Saints walk out to a tune by Mystic Peach or Happy 2000. Haha.

Please put me out of my misery.

What was the music that Saints ran out to last season? The one that played when the flame throwers went off on the side of the pitch.

It was almost an anthem without words. I found it quite inspirational, it is a shame that the players didn't on a lot of occasions!

Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine

I'm glad someone could like that, made me cringe intensively.

Much less that 'We are Souuutthhhaammppttoonnn though', that made me want to launch myself down the stairwell.

Fulham head out to Palladio which is infinitely better as an epic intro. I am forever jealous of Man United supporters seeing their team walk out to 'This is the One' by The Stone Roses.

Years ago Mrs Turkish worked at saints and part of her job was to do the match day music. They were looking for a song for the team to come out to and I suggested “this is the one” on a drunken evening with friends. We played it and all agreed it would be brilliant. The idea was taken back to the March day committee and saints with the song played and it was decided it wouldn’t get the fans up for it, with the vote going to “one vision” instead FFS.

I do however take credit for one games post match music where I suggested The style council Shout to the top if we win or Walls come tumbling down if we lost. The former was played after our victory.

Back in Southampton - Gutta Percha & The Balladeers

Even mentions Ted Bates and the 76 Cup Win

If you want a Southampton band then how about 'Berts Apple Crumble' by the Quik...top tune

I've often thought Bowie's V2 Schneider would sound great blaring out as entry music with the slightly tenuous link to one of the city's most famous sons RJ Mitchell and his links to the Schneider trophy. Disappointingly the Bowie song is a tribute to Kraftwerk rather than aeronautical engineers.