Fan's Forum

ecuk268

He said “get your house in order” which to me suggests “I won’t invest until you stop wasting money”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironic considering Lander Sports fiscal performance over the last 2 years.

He's got no largesse of wealth to invest with, we are now just a business for him to harvest profits from. Terrible owner and we should look an attractive purchase to some investors (thinking Tong Xia v Other Investors in Villa as an example).

Ironic considering Lander Sports fiscal performance over the last 2 years.

He's got no largesse of wealth to invest with, we are now just a business for him to harvest profits from. Terrible owner and we should look an attractive purchase to some investors (thinking Tong Xia v Other Investors in Villa as an example).

What's his dividend? It's not in the accounts, so I'm just wondering.

Anyway, that was a bit better than usual. I'd not seen much of Semmens before but he seemed pretty sensible. Interesting mood music from Hojbjerg on his future, though I'm not sure whether I'm reassured or worried by it.

Edited by DuncanRG

Was there anything about the sponsor?

Yep there was a blunt admission that they’re paying the money and that’s good enough for us. Not much about the business model only that it’s China- and Asia-facing, so won’t be visible here (unlike Virgin Media). The club is co-creating a bit content but otherwise it’s a hands-off relationship. Nothing about the grand claims made by the sponsors before they pulled their website (admittedly that question wasn’t raised).

The most interesting moment was the club stating firmly that we are not a stepping stone club, whilst also saying that if we take away player's chance to develop here then move on, then 'what do we have?'

Bit of cognitive dissonance never goes amiss these days...

Yep there was a blunt admission that they’re paying the money and that’s good enough for us. Not much about the business model only that it’s China- and Asia-facing, so won’t be visible here (unlike Virgin Media). The club is co-creating a bit content but otherwise it’s a hands-off relationship. Nothing about the grand claims made by the sponsors before they pulled their website (admittedly that question wasn’t raised).
Bit of a worrying attitude on display. Pushed through by Gao or his representatives no doubt so the club probably didn't have much choice in the matter.

A pretty low key forum -Semmens and Steel are yes men; Ralph preaching youth and patience but struggling to articulate solutions beyond that; and Hoj was oddly subdued. Nothing will beat the fireworks of last season and Les’ last stand.

I look forward to the public event where you call out your bosses to satisfy idiots on an Internet forum and expect to remain employed. Let me know when tickets are available.

A pretty low key forum -Semmens and Steel are yes men; Ralph preaching youth and patience but struggling to articulate solutions beyond that; and Hoj was oddly subdued. Nothing will beat the fireworks of last season and Les’ last stand.

Semmens seems like a breath of fresh air compared to Ralph K.

Steele not quite as impressive but did a good job. LD Sports still rather murky.

The Hojbjerg answer to me sounded like he has told Saints he would consider signing a new deal if certsin things were to happen, probably that it looks like we are improving and may actually have a chance of being the club that he thought we were when he signed.

Which from his perspective is very logical, and smart.

Otherwise, run down your contract and become a very attractive proposition for other clubs.

Hojbjerg can hardly come out and say he’s definitely going to sign a new deal to some fans.
If he was intending to shortly he could easily have said "I am talking with the club, would like to stay and lets see what happens" or along those lines.

From what was said it seemed clear there had been talks and he has told the club his position and when/in what circumstances he would sign a new deal.

The Hojbjerg answer to me sounded like he has told Saints he would consider signing a new deal if certsin things were to happen, probably that it looks like we are improving and may actually have a chance of being the club that he thought we were when he signed.

Which from his perspective is very logical, and smart.

Otherwise, run down your contract and become a very attractive proposition for other clubs.

TBF he (and the players) have been half the problem. They might not have got the club they where expecting but arguably we haven't really got the players they promised to be either.

That fact is, the second half of last season apart, he has been distinctly average in his time here...good at saying the right things in interviews not quite so good at delivering on the pitch.

Not that he has been the only player like that the last few years.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My takeaway

Owner doesn't have a pot to pee in.

The board members know the Sponsorship deal is shady look at body language...

Højbjerg will be off at some point.

Transfer priorities were wrong yes I get a decent centre back costs money! But instead of signing jazzy players like Djenepo money could of been used to strengthen.

My takeaway

Owner doesn't have a pot to pee in.

The board members know the Sponsorship deal is shady look at body language...

Højbjerg will be off at some point.

Transfer priorities were wrong yes I get a decent centre back costs money! But instead of signing jazzy players like Djenepo money could of been used to strengthen.

Cheer up ffs

What’s that then? So someone can ask about investment for the same question to be asked again 4 times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point my friend is that fans now have direct access to senior board members - which they have long demanded - and can ask unrehearsed questions from the floor. How can transparent communication be more open than that? It's up to fans then to use the opportunity that has been given them.

If cynicism is your over-riding response to anything senior board members say then that's up to you but people rarely lie when asked a head-on unexpected question face-to-face out of the blue as we saw last night with Hojberg.

Sadly, not as wise a comment as you imagine it to be.

Try to at least keep things on topic.

Your childish digs at other forum members are tiresome.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As are your constant digs at the club Kermit. Perhaps try to be a bit more balanced in your views? The constant nit-picking and apparent need to find fault is beyond tiresome.

As are your constant digs at the club Kermit. Perhaps try to be a bit more balanced in your views? The constant nit-picking and apparent need to find fault is beyond tiresome.
Yeah, but if you don't criticise the club every 5 minutes then you is a happy clapper innit bruv?

The forum is for supporters to talk about the team. Not to attack other forum members.

I don't need to have the same opinion as you. Please make sure you write up a list of approved opinions each week and I will be sure to pick one [emoji849]

This is a forum not North Korea.

You need to accept people are allowed other opinions to yourself.

The forum is for supporters to talk about the team. Not to attack other forum members.

I don't need to have the same opinion as you. Please make sure you write up a list of approved opinions each week and I will be sure to pick one [emoji849]

This is a forum not North Korea.

You need to accept people are allowed other opinions to yourself.

Calm down snowflake people are allowed to find you tiresom, this is not North Korea. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they are attacking you.