Results 1 to 41 of 41

Thread: Season Ticket Debacle

  1. #1

    Default Season Ticket Debacle

    I can see match being delayed plenty have not received them yet. Apparently even people that work at the club havnt received them.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere
    Posts
    2,831

    Default

    No debacle here. Mods, might be worth a poll to define the issue??

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Had a call today, they are in a right mess. I don’t know if outsourcing season ticket sales has contributed?

  4. #4

    Default

    'Undisclosed third party' has had a shocking summer IMO.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toussaint View Post
    Had a call today, they are in a right mess. I don’t know if outsourcing season ticket sales has contributed?
    Apparently they have been using students on zero hour contracts.

  6. #6

    Default

    Apparently the first batch of UA shirts were trialled a while back they turned Pink in the wash.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manji View Post
    Apparently the first batch of UA shirts were trialled a while back they turned Pink in the wash.
    So when the season tickets were test scanned were doors opening at p*rtsm*outh?!

  8. #8

    Default

    What do you want? A big empty box and a pokey little badge or for it to turn up on time?
    Pretty basic operation dispatching tickets.

    Got mine last week though and everyone in our group got theirs now.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Mine haven’t arrived, had ordered two season tickets in the family section, unbeknown to me the first two games in our seats had “previously” been sold, I’m not convinced, i think they were probably subsequently sold, so, no tickets for Saturday, but I do have two for Man U. I’m assured the Liverpool tickets are on the way, bu no season tickets until after the first two games.

  10. #10

    Default

    #LesReedOut


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,047

    Default

    I've had mine a couple of weeks nippers arrived last week. I'm pretty surprised people still haven't got theirs that sucks.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Shilton's 6 yard box
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Still waiting for mine......

  13. #13

    Default

    Think they've got an issue with match tickets as well, no membership cards or print at home available so a lot more printed tickets than normal , i called up to say 2 weeks after puchase no ticket had arrived so they are sorting out a duplicate, sounds like they have quite a few like that.

  14. #14

    Default

    I've got mine, but I know plenty of people who haven't got anything yet.

    Pretty rubbish really. I wonder what the reasons are.

  15. #15

    Default

    Let us hope that the cards actually work in the entry machines too. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a complete ****ing disaster on Saturday and not just on the pitch!

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    All a bit embarrassing for the club at the moment. No season tickets, no membership cards, no kit, no assistant manager. I guess they hoped the football would distract us but then we get tonked by Burnley.

    Fans forum could be fun tonight

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Let us hope that the cards actually work in the entry machines too. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a complete ****ing disaster on Saturday and not just on the pitch!
    Does sow the seed of thought of not rolling up to the turnstiles 10 minutes before kick off - as the end of the queue could be down in Ocean Village one way and half way over Northam Bridge the other.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rowner
    Posts
    484

    Default

    How many fans have not yet got their season tickets? Its hardly 1000's and I would sugust its less then 100 so I woudnt call it a "debacle" or "embarrasing as some are.

    Don't get me wrong the club is far from perfect but when they have around 18,000 or more season ticket holders there are always going to be some, for what ever reson don't turn up. (l less than 1%?).

    The club always sort out any errors , it main be a pain to go to the ticket offiec on a matchday to sort it out but its hardly the end of the world.

    I wonder how many tickets dont turn up for concernts etc.

  19. #19

    Default

    N
    Quote Originally Posted by IFHP View Post
    How many fans have not yet got their season tickets? Its hardly 1000's and I would sugust its less then 100 so I woudnt call it a "debacle" or "embarrasing as some are.

    Don't get me wrong the club is far from perfect but when they have around 18,000 or more season ticket holders there are always going to be some, for what ever reson don't turn up. (l less than 1%?).

    The club always sort out any errors , it main be a pain to go to the ticket offiec on a matchday to sort it out but its hardly the end of the world.

    I wonder how many tickets dont turn up for concernts etc.
    The point is that if they had started sending them out several weeks ago it would allow time to sort them out.

  20. Default

    Got mine. If they've ****ed everything else up, it probably won't work at the turnstiles.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,047

    Default

    Well the good news is they managed to get all the "don't be naughty this season" letters to the Itchen north ST holders before the first home match....

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  22. Default

    Mine finally turned up in the post this morning. Which was strange as it was also waiting for me last Saturday when I got back from Burnley.

    I obviously didn't look that carefully then, as I was still fuming about the 2nd half capitulation and a 530 mile round trip. It turns out I've had someone else's instead from Block 42

    Would have been interesting trying to get in the Kingsland with that one.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,799
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Well the good news is they managed to get all the "don't be naughty this season" letters to the Itchen north ST holders before the first home match....

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Makes sense for the club to set out its stall as it panders to all the scousers celebrating in the boxes at the expense of Itchen North ST holders.
    Last edited by shurlock; 16-08-2019 at 11:47 AM.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Well the good news is they managed to get all the "don't be naughty this season" letters to the Itchen north ST holders before the first home match....

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Would be nice if they tried to do something about all the plastic Arsenal / United / Chelsea / Liverpool fans that appear around my seat in the Itchen North when big teams come to town ... complained last season to a steward as they were celebrating and got a shrug of the shoulders.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Reece View Post
    Would be nice if they tried to do something about all the plastic Arsenal / United / Chelsea / Liverpool fans that appear around my seat in the Itchen North when big teams come to town ... complained last season to a steward as they were celebrating and got a shrug of the shoulders.
    Indeed, show them a ticket as, if my memory serves me correctly it states "Home Supporters Only"

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IFHP View Post
    How many fans have not yet got their season tickets? Its hardly 1000's and I would sugust its less then 100 so I woudnt call it a "debacle" or "embarrasing as some are.

    Don't get me wrong the club is far from perfect but when they have around 18,000 or more season ticket holders there are always going to be some, for what ever reson don't turn up. (l less than 1%?).

    The club always sort out any errors , it main be a pain to go to the ticket offiec on a matchday to sort it out but its hardly the end of the world.

    I wonder how many tickets dont turn up for concernts etc.
    Where are you getting these statistics from?

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,047

    Default

    ****

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Makes sense for the club to set out its stall as it panders to all the scousers celebrating in the boxes at the expense of Itchen North ST holders.
    No doubt the away fans will be setting off smoke bombs with impunity at this weekends game..while the stewards desperately seek a saints fan to eject.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Reece View Post
    Would be nice if they tried to do something about all the plastic Arsenal / United / Chelsea / Liverpool fans that appear around my seat in the Itchen North when big teams come to town ... complained last season to a steward as they were celebrating and got a shrug of the shoulders.
    So all those "plastic fans" have either been loaned a ticket by someone for what ever reason cant attend or theve purchased a season ticket for one match......lot of money for a game but hey everyones entitiled to buy if they can afford surley?

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IFHP View Post
    How many fans have not yet got their season tickets? Its hardly 1000's and I would sugust its less then 100 so I woudnt call it a "debacle" or "embarrasing as some are.

    Don't get me wrong the club is far from perfect but when they have around 18,000 or more season ticket holders there are always going to be some, for what ever reson don't turn up. (l less than 1%?).

    The club always sort out any errors , it main be a pain to go to the ticket offiec on a matchday to sort it out but its hardly the end of the world.

    I wonder how many tickets dont turn up for concernts etc.
    Where are you getting these statistics from?

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo1976 View Post
    So all those "plastic fans" have either been loaned a ticket by someone for what ever reason cant attend or theve purchased a season ticket for one match......lot of money for a game but hey everyones entitiled to buy if they can afford surley?
    My point isn’t that they shouldn’t buy one. It’s more the fact that if they do, they should keep quiet and not celebrate - which is what causes the issue with the away fans in the boxes as they celebrate and rile up people in the Itchen North but the stewards seem to shrug it off and turn a blind eye as they and the club seem to adopt the same policy as you of ‘if they pay their the club the money they can do as they wish’.

  32. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo1976 View Post
    So all those "plastic fans" have either been loaned a ticket by someone for what ever reason cant attend or theve purchased a season ticket for one match......lot of money for a game but hey everyones entitiled to buy if they can afford surley?
    I'm in block 30, and there were some seats that weren't STs last season. Got all manner of tourists turning up to games.

  33. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    I'm in block 30, and there were some seats that weren't STs last season. Got all manner of tourists turning up to games.
    Hey im a casual saints fan ,just because you dont see regular faces familiar to you dosnt make them tourists .For example i was offered 2 tickets for this saturdays game v Saints res pool.£130 really............guess what im not going.

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo1976 View Post
    Hey im a casual saints fan ,just because you dont see regular faces familiar to you dosnt make them tourists .For example i was offered 2 tickets for this saturdays game v Saints res pool.£130 really............guess what im not going.
    Why does everyone hate tourists? Iíve been one at Nou Camp, Bernabeu and other grounds.

  35. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lets B Avenue View Post
    Mine finally turned up in the post this morning. Which was strange as it was also waiting for me last Saturday when I got back from Burnley.

    I obviously didn't look that carefully then, as I was still fuming about the 2nd half capitulation and a 530 mile round trip. It turns out I've had someone else's instead from Block 42

    Would have been interesting trying to get in the Kingsland with that one.
    SNAP

    Mine for the Itchen arrived yesterday, which was strange as I also received one last week! When I then checked the name on the one from last week it was Sam C****** in the Northam!!

  36. #36

    Default

    Still waiting for my membership card. Bought Man U tickets, the posted ones have come but no sign of the smartcard.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Down in a tube station at midnight
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    Still waiting for my membership card. Bought Man U tickets, the posted ones have come but no sign of the smartcard.
    My son's in the same boat, and phone the TO yesterday, they said all the membership cards would be delivered by 27th August.

  38. #38

    Default

    I got a reply to my email from the TO and they referred me to this https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...p-cards-update
    The membership cards are being sent out this week

  39. #39

    Default

    I too was sent someone else's, which I didn't notice - mine arrived the day before the match.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Take a guess!
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    No doubt the away fans will be setting off smoke bombs with impunity at this weekends game..while the stewards desperately seek a saints fan to eject.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    good prediction. What's tonight's lottery?

  41. #41

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Take a guess!
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    I got a reply to my email from the TO and they referred me to this https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...p-cards-update
    The membership cards are being sent out this week
    glad I didn't bother wasting £30 on a membership this season then, if they can't be arsed to send them out before the start of the season.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •