Grass up other fans and end the hate crime!

benjii

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-08-16/st-marys-stadium-southampton-supporter-information-text-report-number

Thank goodness for such a progressive and well-overdue announcement.

I urge everyone to grass up all the criminals. Let's get as many permanent stadium bans as possible for the loud mouths so that we can watch our team surrender in peace and quiet.

St. Mary's should be a welcoming family day-trip for all.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-08-16/st-marys-stadium-southampton-supporter-information-text-report-number

I urge everyone to grass up all the criminals. Let's get as many permanent stadium bans as possible for the loud mouths so that we can watch our team surrender in peace and quiet.

Textbook windup. Congrats.

Are they actually going to eject away fans sitting in the home end this season?

Nope.

Even worse their patronising little letter to Itchen North ST holders made no reference to the fact that problems have flared up because of away fans celebrating in the boxes and home ends and being disrespect c**ts. Rather it implies that we've acted unreasonably by taking offense to the mere presence of away fans in the home ends. Which would be fair enough (within limits) if it wasn't utter horses**t.

Edited by shurlock

You joke but I am sure these fckers will delight in showing how they are so progressive and will be wanting an early scapegoat

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see an article in a month or so back slapping themselves listing the amount of ejections and bans given out to prove how successful the grassing hotline has been.

If any plastic United or pool fan sits in the home end and gives it large when they score then they absolutely deserve what will come to them. Imagine no one saying anything and texting a humber instead. Ffs institutions become more infantilising by the day.

Fire a flare at them and you just get ejected.

What a joke this is. Football is dead. Overpaid, disconnected, disloyal players who think they're super stars with no grounding in reality. Can't celebrate a goal properly while they check VAR. Can't shout at the away team. So I expect half the stadium will be ejected today when Lovren/Van Dijk/Lallana show up. Can't be drunk?? WTF?? I shall enjoy watching the scores on ceefax then.

Are they actually going to eject away fans sitting in the home end this season?

Hidden agenda is ending segregation completely and all be happy clappy.

Fecking insane that throwing missiles merely results in ejection but no ban. Physical fighting and assault only 3 match ban, but DISCRIMINATION is next to genocide, and brings the full weight of a 6 match ban.

So it is now less serious to throw missiles and fight than make a sexist or retard type joke or comment.

Hidden agenda is ending segregation completely and all be happy clappy.

Fecking insane that throwing missiles merely results in ejection but no ban. Physical fighting and assault only 3 match ban, but DISCRIMINATION is next to genocide, and brings the full weight of a 6 match ban.

So it is now less serious to throw missiles and fight than make a sexist or retard type joke or comment.

Let's not forget that the police forces definition of a hate crime is an insult that is perceived by the victim to be motivated by hate. If they are using that definition then they'll be out for blood and hang any nuance or context.

What a joke this is. Football is dead. Overpaid, disconnected, disloyal players who think they're super stars with no grounding in reality. Can't celebrate a goal properly while they check VAR. Can't shout at the away team. So I expect half the stadium will be ejected today when Lovren/Van Dijk/Lallana show up. Can't be drunk?? WTF?? I shall enjoy watching the scores on ceefax then.

I am sorry that the older generation of foul mouthed, bloated, pub obsessed middle aged men like yourself don’t feel like football is alive for them anymore. The fact that you still watch the scores of ceefax show what a dinosaur you are. No doubt you a Saturday after for you involves swilling beer, some racist and sexist abuse, a punch up followed by boasting about it back int he pub with your other thug like friends. I for one am proud of my club for leading the way in inclusiveness and look forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with our fellow fans, I habe the saints report number on speed dial and while he scrutising the behaviour of our fans moving forward, while enjoying green tea from a reusable cup to ensure that I can play my part in keeping st Mary’s an inclusive place.

Half of this stuff is unenforceable. It's a public front; appeasement. "Look what we're doing".

Given the ground's always been all-seater, I don't remember the last time I didn't stand to watch a match. Even in League One when the stewards painstakingly sat down row per row, the first sign of forward play was taken as an excuse for the entire stand to be on their feet again.

Does anybody seriously think they're going to eject the entire Northam end, person by person?

What do you propose fans and the club do about obvious cases of racism?

Depends what it is. I remember some fella near me shouting P*ki chants at Leicester. He got ignored and eventually shut up. Hopefully he learned something. No texting required. No grassing necessary.

I am sorry that the older generation of foul mouthed, bloated, pub obsessed middle aged men like yourself don’t feel like football is alive for them anymore. The fact that you still watch the scores of ceefax show what a dinosaur you are. No doubt you a Saturday after for you involves swilling beer, some racist and sexist abuse, a punch up followed by boasting about it back int he pub with your other thug like friends. I for one am proud of my club for leading the way in inclusiveness and look forward to standing shoulder to shoulder with our fellow fans, I habe the saints report number on speed dial and while he scrutising the behaviour of our fans moving forward, while enjoying green tea from a reusable cup to ensure that I can play my part in keeping st Mary’s an inclusive place.

Enjoy your vegan burger ... :lol:

What do you propose fans and the club do about obvious cases of racism?

I have seen no incidents myself and don’t think it is something that needs special measures. Many years supporting Saints home and away, Racism needs stamping out but I have not personally witnessed it with Saints; with England that’s another matter. Others may disagree but would expect and assume any perpetrator would feel uncomfortable and not supported and someone would have the bottle to call them out on it. Undoubtedly they would be an obnoxious bully but are we saying people want to call them out anonymously is the answer?

Of all things, what actually shocks me is that racist chanting and behaviour only warrants a 6match ban. That is poor, and you can bet it would quickly become a lifetime ban and jail time if the media got involved.