Grass up other fans and end the hate crime!

benjii

I got tut’ed at for pointing out that there are so many scouse 2 hats on coaches today because it’s the only time they have the option of an inside sh***r.

Plus if f*****g can’t stand liberalism. What kind of ban do I get?

Lifetime, too much political correctness. country and now SFC taping itself up with stupidity. No one can say anything without “your racial prejudice” being thrown into the equation. SAS, sad state of affairs

Object throwing looks pretty good value.

Yes, this seems ridiculous.

Surely, throwing flares or smoke bombs is a very serious criminal offence that should be given the maximum penalty we can give (plus the police should arrest perpetrators). There were pictures a few days ago of a young boy injured by a flare being thrown at a football match.

The club’s penalty for setting off flares and smoke bombs is literally lower than the penalty for lighting a cigarette. I’m pretty sure that my lungs would be less damaged by passive smoking from standing next to a cigarette smoker than from a smoke bomb being set off next to me!

Yeah. Mock the fact that the club want to deal with people who can’t integrate into modern society because they think they have the right to shout racist, homophobic or other discriminatory comments. Very clever. Some people on here show why these rules are needed as some people don’t know how to behave. Of course it’s stupid to deal with behaviour that is old fashioned and outdated. The club should be ashamed that they are trying to encourage people to act in a decent way. Outrageous.

Yeah. Mock the fact that the club want to deal with people who can’t integrate into modern society because they think they have the right to shout racist, homophobic or other discriminatory comments. Very clever. Some people on here show why these rules are needed as some people don’t know how to behave. Of course it’s stupid to deal with behaviour that is old fashioned and outdated. The club should be ashamed that they are trying to encourage people to act in a decent way. Outrageous.

I've read this three times, and I can't work out whether it's sarcasm or a serious comment.

Finally, it won’t be long before the whole ground is completely full of face painted foam hand wearing souls smartly attired in their replica replica kit.

I can just imagine the next time we play our local rivals (must be careful what I say here or could get a six game ban) singing songs like Be off with you you naughty blue shirt wearing people.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-08-16/st-marys-stadium-southampton-supporter-information-text-report-number

Thank goodness for such a progressive and well-overdue announcement.

I urge everyone to grass up all the criminals. Let's get as many permanent stadium bans as possible for the loud mouths so that we can watch our team surrender in peace and quiet.

St. Mary's should be a welcoming family day-trip for all.

Yeh god forbid people go to actually watch football, support the team and might bring kids who also want to enjoy the game.

Nah let's instead be c8nts to everyone because that is what being a football fan is about right? And yeh lets not report racist scumbags either.

I have seen no incidents myself and don’t think it is something that needs special measures. Many years supporting Saints home and away, Racism needs stamping out but I have not personally witnessed it with Saints; with England that’s another matter. Others may disagree but would expect and assume any perpetrator would feel uncomfortable and not supported and someone would have the bottle to call them out on it. Undoubtedly they would be an obnoxious bully but are we saying people want to call them out anonymously is the answer?

Who might this “someone” be? It certainly won’t be me. I wouldn’t think twice about using the number to report them.

Yeah, all that scum that grassed up Savile and Glitter - then those lowlifes that gave evidence against Hindley, Sutcliffe and Fred West, I bet there's people who 'snitched' on the terrorists that plagued London too.

Instead of being filthy 'grasses' let's all pretend to be crooked-nosed 1960s bankrobbers from Bethnal Green - a really cool look in a 2019 football stadium where someone is shouting racist abuse.

Hear hear

Yeah, all that scum that grassed up Savile and Glitter - then those lowlifes that gave evidence against Hindley, Sutcliffe and Fred West, I bet there's people who 'snitched' on the terrorists that plagued London too.

Instead of being filthy 'grasses' let's all pretend to be crooked-nosed 1960s bankrobbers from Bethnal Green - a really cool look in a 2019 football stadium where someone is shouting racist abuse.

Are you seriously comparing someone who is probably p!ssed up, shouting things a few people don’t want to hear to a serial killer, peadophile and terrorist :lol:

FWIW (not that it is much of an issue up St Mary’s) but anyone caught carrying out racial abuse should rightly be punished and if I think they’ve had a number for that for some time, this seems to run deeper than that asking fans to ‘grass’ on fans for ever so slightly stepping out of line.

Quite right, I don’t want to sit near someone that’s drunk and having a good time. These people need to be taught to be boring zombies. I would grass them up in an instant.

Heads gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the one scuffle, were there any other away fans chucked out yesterday? Normally loads of them in our ends.

Should any Liverpool followers have been in the home areas I would have hoped the customers surrounding them would refer to the supporters charter and taken advantage of the report hotline to oust them from their seats. The supporters charter clearly states away supporters in home areas will be ejected, unless they are in the corporate boxes in which case their money is more important so they can do what they want.

This would in theory be a reasonable idea if there was a genuine and persistent problem, which there isn't and never has been in my 40 years of watching SFC. The emphasis seems to be on racist behaviour (what-do-ya-know), which I haven't personally witnessed in a long time at a game. The days of pre and post match mass brawls and throwing bananas onto the pitch are generally long gone in this country.

This may well extend to abusing referees, in which case SMS should be half empty next game after Mariners performance yesterday....

Other than the one scuffle, were there any other away fans chucked out yesterday? Normally loads of them in our ends.

Several incidents in Itchen North IIRC. They've also now put cheap boarding around the rails separating the stands from the corporate boxes which makes it harder to see what's going on behind and get into the boxes.

Who might this “someone” be? It certainly won’t be me. I wouldn’t think twice about using the number to report them.

So if they didn’t have the hotline you’d just sit on your hands and hope it would go away?

Incidentally when did you last witness racist behaviour at St Mary’s?

So if they didn’t have the hotline you’d just sit on your hands and hope it would go away?

Incidentally when did you last witness racist behaviour at St Mary’s?

10/20/30 years ago I would. At my age, and current state of health, I think it unlikely I would directly confront a young racist thug. If it was someone my age, then maybe.

I’ve not witnessed racist behaviour at SMS, but did so at The Dell, in the family section, and confronted the stupid old goat.

The point is, reporting racist behaviour is not grassing.

This is nothing other then the club trying to get some of our loser fans to do their job for them, grass up the slightest issue, anyone appearing slightly drunk or enjoying themselves too much. This goes way above and beyond that homophobic/racist stuff etc that is rightly called out.

Having seen some of our support, I’m sure they’ll have many willing takers.

Quite right, I don’t want to sit near someone that’s drunk and having a good time. These people need to be taught to be boring zombies. I would grass them up in an instant.

You really don’t have any understanding of people’s feelings do you. As long as people can have a ‘good time’ to hell with everyone else. Why can’t people enjoy themselves and shout racist/homophobic/sexist comments?

If you can’t distinguish between people being repugnant and some slightly drunken behaviour that says more about you than the people who wish to stamp out this behaviour. Clueless.

Being drunk in a football stadium has been an offence since at least the mid-1980s, persistent standing against ground regulations since the early 90s, we've had a text number for reporting incidents for at least 5 years. We've also had a forum where nobheads think someone reporting someone for not obeying the law is "grassing" for over 15 years already. Why does this thread even exist? :lol:

Being drunk in a football stadium has been an offence since at least the mid-1980s, persistent standing against ground regulations since the early 90s, we've had a text number for reporting incidents for at least 5 years. We've also had a forum where nobheads think someone reporting someone for not obeying the law is "grassing" for over 15 years already. Why does this thread even exist? :lol:

To out humourless bores.

It's doing a top job.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-08-16/st-marys-stadium-southampton-supporter-information-text-report-number

Thank goodness for such a progressive and well-overdue announcement.

I urge everyone to grass up all the criminals. Let's get as many permanent stadium bans as possible for the loud mouths so that we can watch our team surrender in peace and quiet.

St. Mary's should be a welcoming family day-trip for all.

So when our fans start singing "when i was just a boy "etc etc....the part where it says "shoot the P.....S" should we now delete those words?.... or is it just directed at players?

I’ve heard ‘get up you poof’ or something similar a number of times at St Mary’s when a player has gone down under a challenge. It’s not just racism. I actually think that most people realise this is seen as really bad even if they don’t actually believe it themselves (yes, there are still some inherently racist people) but homophobia and sexism is still seen as fair game by a fair few. You can clearly tell due to those people on here who have no concept of modern society or decency.

I’ve heard ‘get up you poof’ or something similar a number of times at St Mary’s when a player has gone down under a challenge. It’s not just racism. I actually think that most people realise this is seen as really bad even if they don’t actually believe it themselves (yes, there are still some inherently racist people) but homophobia and sexism is still seen as fair game by a fair few. You can clearly tell due to those people on here who have no concept of modern society or decency.

Will you be reporting people if they call a player an old woman?

I think this text number is tailor-made for the progressive modern fan such as yourself. Make sure to take a note so you can get the sexists removed.

Anyone doing a gay wave at the Brighton fans next time we play them is getting some text justice.

I shall be reporting anyone who refers to anyone else as he or she until they have personally confirmed their gender. Assuming gender is disgraceful and should be a 6 game ban.

I’ll gladly expose the homophobe, racist, or sexist. You clearly have no decent morals yourself. Fossil.
Indeed. You're a noble text warrior fighting to expose the seedy underbelly at Saint Mary's. Armed only with your trusty mobile phone you're going to cut some of those uncouth types down to size. A weekly tally would be awesome.

Indeed. You're a noble text warrior fighting to expose the seedy underbelly at Saint Mary's. Armed only with your trusty mobile phone you're going to cut some of those uncouth types down to size. A weekly tally would be awesome.

How's your Proud Boys membership going?

This.

You are a thoroughly unpleasant individual so I pity you. Ironically you’ve posted 29,000 comments and I’ve posted 263. Hilarious. You try to call me a text warrior. Again, you’re stuck in the past. I have no desire to appear macho or strong or tough. I just think people should be treated in a decent way. I repeat 29,000 posts- that’s hilarious. Keyboard warrior yourself. We joined roughly the same time also! I prefer to read comments and think about them generally. You like to shout your mouth off. Go for it.

You are a thoroughly unpleasant individual so I pity you. Ironically you’ve posted 29,000 comments and I’ve posted 263. Hilarious. You try to call me a text warrior. Again, you’re stuck in the past. I have no desire to appear macho or strong or tough. I just think people should be treated in a decent way. I repeat 29,000 posts- that’s hilarious. Keyboard warrior yourself. We joined roughly the same time also! I prefer to read comments and think about them generally. You like to shout your mouth off. Go for it.
What do posts on an Internet messageboard have to do with crusades for justice at the football? Odd to equate the two.

Anyway I think I saw a teenager in the Itchen North call Valery a fairy on Saturday. Homophobic slurs like that are worthy of a seasons ban surely? Or at the very least getting duffed up by some stewards in the car park. Let me know if you want the seat number and we can join forces to take this scumbag down together.

What do posts on an Internet messageboard have to do with crusades for justice at the football? Odd to equate the two.

Anyway I think I saw a teenager in the Itchen North call Valery a fairy on Saturday. Homophobic slurs like that are worthy of a seasons ban surely? Or at the very least getting duffed up by some stewards in the car park. Let me know if you want the seat number and we can join forces to take this scumbag down together.

Fossil. Your sort will fade away sooner rather than later.

29,000 approx posts in 12.5 yrs.

2,300 approx per yr

190 approx per month.

Someone loves the sound of their very boring and selfish voice. Hilarious!

Need to be able report clapping and a suitable ban enforced. It is intimidating and anxiety-provoking. Jazz Hands is the only appropriate way to indicate approval in the modern world unless you are a fossil. The Club seemed to have made a serious omission with that one.

Fossil. Your sort will fade away sooner rather than later.

29,000 approx posts in 12.5 yrs.

2,300 approx per yr

190 approx per month.

Someone loves the sound of their very boring and selfish voice. Hilarious!

Again, what do bizarre rants about my posting frequency have to do with text campaigns at the football? They are two entirely separate things but it's obviously annoyed you that I've posted on here a lot more than you have so I'm sorry its offended you.

It's aggressive posts like yours that are breeding grounds for prejudiced attitudes out in public. I hope you don't bring that sort of mind to St Marys in the future or you yourself could be on the end of some good old fashioned text justice. Let's hope you possess a more progressive nature at the next home game or you're looking at a 3 game ban MINIMUM.