Saints vs Liverpool - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Waiting for someone to claim they're "lucky" and "don't deserve it"...Always makes me laugh.

I know what you mean, but in this match you'd expect Liverpool to be attacking and looking threatening. Perhaps Saints would be doing a 'backs to the wall' job to stay in it. But that hasn't been the case. We have looked the better side and they just have a few world class players who only need half a chance. It's sickening.

Edited by mrfahaji

We've been excellent. Unfortunately as we know Mane is a class act.

I'd have actually liked to have seen us attack them a bit more in that first half, even though we did pretty well in that regard. Adams has been dangerous, missed a great opportunity. If we really go for it we can get something from this.

This where the £ advantage of the top teams really shows. Adams looks really strong. But Mane a class above. His market value now >£50m. We don't have that to spend. That comparison apart we won the first half. Exciting to watch, and I love our midfield. Bertrand, Redmond, Adams also exciting in combo. We'll be a team to reckon w this season. Just not top 4.

Others have said it but to win this type of games we need a bit of luck and bury those chances, Liverpool have the luxury of rope-a-doping us and then letting the quality of Mané, Salah and Firmino do the business.

Huge gulf in top end talent. Redmond takes about 4 or 5 attempts to find his range from there, Mané just needs one, pure class.

The result is pretty much irrelevant to me to be honest, it's all about the performance. That will tell us more about this side.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

This but we need to mske sure and play like this vs the BHAs, WHUs and Newcastles of this league.