Saints 1-2 Liverpool - Reaction

Ohio Saint

Him and Walcott have been consistent in their respect to Saints fans home and away. The good guys.

Class acts, the pair of them. Quite liked Mane's comments too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s nothing friendly in the way you post. Well done on your dismal insistence on the precise yardage. If you can’t, or more likely choose not to, see the correlation between the two events, you are entitled to do so. It doesn’t make you right (or me for that matter, it’s all opinion).

As for the rest of your post, wtf? Step away from the keyboard for a moment, the break will, I’m sure, do you good.

You seem to be suggesting Firminho and Ings are of an equal quality?

I’ve mentioned it before, but referees are not even trying to hide their clear cheating anymore. It’s not cheating in its blatant form, but it’s just enough to ensure the status quo is always maintained.

I’d say it goes on far far more then we realise.

According to MotD, Liverpool only 'conceded' as many shots as we had today (14) once last season.

Just watched the highlights (have been out all day so not seen or heard much about the game before now) and seems we were unfortunate not to come away with a point from that game. Unbelievable that Ings didn't equalise with what was a sitter in the last few minutes.

Edited by trousers

I'm getting bored of football all this silly money nonsense and now VAR slowing things down I seriously think football is dying. Was watching MOTD tonight completely zoned out not really interested I remember years ago I used to look forward with anticipation but now football I can't put my finger on it something has changed. Why don't the pundits talk about Saints either it's all Liverpool this Liverpool that is like stfu and talk about some of the things Saints did?

I'd like to see if we could play more of the pacey players, as many as practically possible. From Armstrong, Redmond, Adams, Djenepo, Danso (reported 21 mph),

Agree with this - the midfield really struggles to contain opponents because Romeu, Hoj and JWP lack dynamism. No lack of effort, but you can see them plodding after the ball, always arriving just too late to close anyone down. Redmond and Adams aren't that quick either, so our pressing from the front is again more effort than attainment.

When Djenepo came on, you could immediately see what genuinely fast reactions look like. Hopefully we can integrate him and Danso into the first XI soon, as without them we must be one of the slowest teams in the league.

Typical of Saints. We were always going to get a good performance after the surrender last week. Equally inevitable was the narrow defeat. How did Ings miss that sitter? Nice run, then no composure or technique. Both minimum requirement for £20M surely. Brighton will see the performance levels drop again just enough to see us beaten by a goal or two. If we do put the same effort in we might get something, but I cant see it happening.

Agree with this - the midfield really struggles to contain opponents because Romeu, Hoj and JWP lack dynamism. No lack of effort, but you can see them plodding after the ball, always arriving just too late to close anyone down. Redmond and Adams aren't that quick either, so our pressing from the front is again more effort than attainment.

When Djenepo came on, you could immediately see what genuinely fast reactions look like. Hopefully we can integrate him and Danso into the first XI soon, as without them we must be one of the slowest teams in the league.

Exactly. That’s why we should have kept Reed or Lemina (on the basis that Gao’s treading water strategy won’t allow us to sign anyone).

Overall much more positive than last week and we were undone by a couple of good strikes.

Ings is getting a bit of stick on here but Adams missed a pretty good chance too, just that it was in the 1st half rather than at the death. Don't just single out Ings, the whole strikeforce need to sharpen up.

The positive was a much better overall performance

The negatives were another goal in extra time. How many of those do we concede ? And another failure to take our decent chances. Unless we sort these key points out we are likely to be in for another very rough season

More disappointed to lose 2-1 with that chance than to get a tonking. We nearly salvaged it, but in the end it’s zero points. Need three points vs BHA.

Don’t understand the slagging of Ings yesterday at all. Yes, terrible miss but he created more in the short time he was on than the rest of them put together

On the other hand, defensively, we were complete dog sh*t, gifted both goals and from a defensive positional perspective that was one of THE worst wing back performances from Valery I’ve seen, he was caught ‘wrong side’ so often it was embarrassing. Without Gunn, we would have been 4 down before we scored

Yoshi, lovely bloke, but not good enough

Vestegaard, tectonic plates move quicker...and I could go on. There is going to be so much resting on the shoulders of young Danso, that it’s not really fair on the lad

On the plus side, midfield looked ok, Djenepo looked exciting when he came on, Adams looked good throughout as did Redmond

Not as upset as I thought I’d be as without that miss we could have got a draw out of no where

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t understand the slagging of Ings yesterday at all. Yes, terrible miss but he created more in the short time he was on than the rest of them put together

On the other hand, defensively, we were complete dog sh*t, gifted both goals and from a defensive positional perspective that was one of THE worst wing back performances from Valery I’ve seen, he was caught ‘wrong side’ so often it was embarrassing. Without Gunn, we would have been 4 down before we scored

Vestegaard, tectonic plates move quicker...and I could go on. There is going to be so much resting on the shoulders of young Danso, that it’s not really fair on the lad

On the plus side, midfield looked ok, Djenepo looked exciting when he came on, Adams looked good throughout as did Redmond

Not as upset as I thought I’d be as without that miss we could have got a draw out of no where

Pony

How the hell did Ings miss that? Jeez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you try to hit a ball coming in from the right wing with your right instep it is always going to curve away from the goal . He needed to hit it with the outside of the boot, or with his left. Long does it all the tine, Obafemi missed a similar chance on his debut against Spurs, but at least he identified his error afterwards. I would syat fining players for this .

Overall I think most players put in a good performance, aside from the brainfart for the Liverpool second goal. Vallery and JWP had a ten minute speel when they kept giving the ball away but otherwise were sound. All the subs looked very lively.

VAR won;t save you from ref's like Marinier. The romeu booking was ridiculous and game changing.

Yeah, bit of an exaggeration I suppose as we did play well first half. However the game was drifting, Adams was tired and Ings and Armstrong did inject some needed pace and pressure on their back four when they came ...I’m just a ****ed that everyone jumped on Ings when basically defensively we gifted them the game and have far more to worry about at the back

When you try to hit a ball coming in from the right wing with your right instep it is always going to curve away from the goal . He needed to hit it with the outside of the boot, or with his left. Long does it all the tine, Obafemi missed a similar chance on his debut against Spurs, but at least he identified his error afterwards. I would syat fining players for this .

Overall I think most players put in a good performance, aside from the brainfart for the Liverpool second goal. Vallery and JWP had a ten minute speel when they kept giving the ball away but otherwise were sound. All the subs looked very lively.

VAR won;t save you from ref's like Marinier. The romeu booking was ridiculous and game changing.

That's utter gash, mate. You just deflect it with the inside of your foot. Look at Aguero's goal yesterday.

Hit that with the outside of your right boot? :lol: :mcinnes:

What he needed to do was let it run to JWP on his left! Someone else said Ings was lucky with his goal. Well yes, to an extent. But he had to chase down to get the chance.

And I'm sick of reading "Why did we have to buy Ings after his loan?" Because we effectively bought him last year, it was just structured as a loan. If we'd bought him outright nobody would have seen it as a mistake at the time.

We could have scored 2 or 3 but 1-2 flattered us a little overall I thought. LFC didn't start playing until an hour in, and you could see the moral draining from the players as the half went on. The Adrian glft pepped us up (and the crowd) and should have nicked a point at the end. Liverpool looked jaded for much of the game, but the gulf in class showed. Defensive errors for both their goals, Mane's less so it was a superb strike but should have been closed down better.

Positives : Good attitude, subs made a difference, Armstrong and Djanepo looked lively and caused them problems. Didn't receive the spanking many were fearing.

Negatives : Usual defensive errors, midfield sluggish, not clinical enough with the chances we created.

What he needed to do was let it run to JWP on his left! Someone else said Ings was lucky with his goal. Well yes, to an extent. But he had to chase down to get the chance.

And I'm sick of reading "Why did we have to buy Ings after his loan?" Because we effectively bought him last year, it was just structured as a loan. If we'd bought him outright nobody would have seen it as a mistake at the time.

Lots of people complained when he was first signed that Ings is Injury prone for 20 million. Hopefully he can prove us wrong this season.

That will be one of Liverpool’s worst performances this season. And they still beat us

I guess you were looking for something smart and original to say but your comment is utter tosh. If it proves to be one of the Scousers worst performance it will because Saints limited and frustrated them for most of the afternoon and stopped them playing they way they like to play. In the first half particularly the visitors were second best and had to play the way we wanted to play. Shame they've got Mane and we're stuck with Ings, a two-way swap that is quite unequal.

It's always worth going to matches to find out what really happened.

What a load of drivel

I'm getting bored of football all this silly money nonsense and now VAR slowing things down I seriously think football is dying. Was watching MOTD tonight completely zoned out not really interested I remember years ago I used to look forward with anticipation but now football I can't put my finger on it something has changed. Why don't the pundits talk about Saints either it's all Liverpool this Liverpool that is like stfu and talk about some of the things Saints did?

I think that Shearer could at least make some form of positive contribution to this biased panel of 'experts' but Scouser Murphy appears to get his points across yet Linekar fails to initiate any discussion on Saints. How could they not mention the absolute bias of Mariner? The monied class rules OK?

Like a couple of others on here I was a referee. VA should have been a game changer but all that will happen is that referees will cheat in areas of the pitch where VAR is not in play, Romeu's booking yesterday, He was dominating the midfield and that had to stop, hence the bookings. The referees are well aware of the results the premier league require, the Premier league is sold around the world on the back of Liverpool Man, Utd and Chelsea etc. not Southampton Watford and Norwich. Referees income depend on the Premier league, they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

Like a couple of others on here I was a referee. VA should have been a game changer but all that will happen is that referees will cheat in areas of the pitch where VAR is not in play, Romeu's booking yesterday, He was dominating the midfield and that had to stop, hence the bookings. The referees are well aware of the results the premier league require, the Premier league is sold around the world on the back of Liverpool Man, Utd and Chelsea etc. not Southampton Watford and Norwich. Referees income depend on the Premier league, they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

So here you are accusing the refereeing corps of favouritism and partiality? They might even sue you if any of them notice this post.

Agree, you have to look at the bigger picture, i.e. all the United, Spurs and City fans who were desperate for us not to win yesterday.

I thought we looked like a lower league club huffing and puffing whilst hosting a premier league side

Oh my, you really are an utter bell end. Do you really have nothing better to do that come on here and spit garbage to wind people up? People like you really are a waste of resources and frankly should be put down.

Oh my, you really are an utter bell end. Do you really have nothing better to do that come on here and spit garbage to wind people up? People like you really are a waste of resources and frankly should be put down.

You’ve just given him exactly what he wanted. He’ll be cracking one out to your reply right about now.